2020 Aviator

15 minutes ago, cyberdman said:

Unfortunately you are correct.  It still sits...

The last official Ford update is the one from 09/21...

In Production - Origin Received - (Vehi-ship Llc )  Ramp 06, Chicago Asy, IL  Sep-21-2019, 00:22 CT.

Unless they have some contact in whatever the heck Vehi-ship Llc is?

Is it possible that it was on this train?  A person that commented said his 2020 Explorer was on it,,,,

Sorry Cyber, don't mean to jump in but wanted to answer "whatever the heck vehi ship is"  They are one of the transports and storage company, you can call them at 888-328-3986 and see if they will tell you the status of your Aviator.  They held my 50 year Limited Mustang for 38 days after Ford gave it to them.  

1 hour ago, mustangchief said:

Sorry Cyber, don't mean to jump in but wanted to answer "whatever the heck vehi ship is"  They are one of the transports and storage company, you can call them at 888-328-3986 and see if they will tell you the status of your Aviator.  They held my 50 year Limited Mustang for 38 days after Ford gave it to them.  

I believe my dealer called them shortly after the ETA date passed. The status usually changes to Released; Awaiting shipment, but mine never did.

The other thing that makes me suspicious about the ‘released from flat rock’ update I was given is that the seat recall is still shown as incomplete. The seat recall is the excuse the original Lincoln client rep assigned to my file used for the delay - she told me they were going to send my Aviator “back through the factory”.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you missed the sticky where the last day of tracking for 2019 was 12/16.

In any case, I hope you are finally happy and have your vehicle as it was delivered to your dealership on 12/28!

Delivered - Final Delivered (Mcl Mcgill Carriers Ltd )  CB1192 - Revell Motor Sales Ltd. Verona, ON    Dec-28-2019, 23:59 ET.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 8:02 AM, cyberdman said:

I think you missed the sticky where the last day of tracking for 2019 was 12/16.

In any case, I hope you are finally happy and have your vehicle as it was delivered to your dealership on 12/28!

Delivered - Final Delivered (Mcl Mcgill Carriers Ltd )  CB1192 - Revell Motor Sales Ltd. Verona, ON    Dec-28-2019, 23:59 ET.

Yes, I did miss the sticky about the deadline. No worries though and I sure do appreciate your help.  It was a LONG six months and three days!

I love the vehicle but was less than impressed with the poor PDI on mine.  A number of small scratches/marks on the exterior paint and plastic cladding. Drivers door card and sill marked and scratched, presumably due to the work boot-wearing transportation people. And what the heck is with all the prints/smudges on the headliner?  WHO is touching it?  Every Lincoln (all special orders) I’ve had has required some cleaning of the light headliner. 

All that said, the vehicle itself is a great upgrade from the MKX I had previously, especially since it has a distinct rear drive feel that I love.

13 hours ago, Professor1234 said:

Yes, I did miss the sticky about the deadline. No worries though and I sure do appreciate your help.  It was a LONG six months and three days!

I love the vehicle but was less than impressed with the poor PDI on mine.  A number of small scratches/marks on the exterior paint and plastic cladding. Drivers door card and sill marked and scratched, presumably due to the work boot-wearing transportation people. And what the heck is with all the prints/smudges on the headliner?  WHO is touching it?  Every Lincoln (all special orders) I’ve had has required some cleaning of the light headliner. 

All that said, the vehicle itself is a great upgrade from the MKX I had previously, especially since it has a distinct rear drive feel that I love.

The dealer will charge the shipping company for the repairs to the scratches. The vehicle should have been put through the detailing process again with instructions to get it right this time. Ditto on the congrats though...enjoy your new ride.

2 hours ago, twintornados said:

The dealer will charge the shipping company for the repairs to the scratches. The vehicle should have been put through the detailing process again with instructions to get it right this time. Ditto on the congrats though...enjoy your new ride.

Thanks. I didn’t even bother having them re-do the PDI.  This is my fifth Lincoln purchase from this dealer in six years and I can honestly say their PDI people are completely out to lunch. 

extremely laid back and great to deal with but not great at the attention to detail. It’s a rural dealership that just doesn’t get the Lincoln customer I think.

I would still recommend the Aviator hands down. Fully loaded it’s a fantastic bargain compared to its rivals in the luxury space. 

• Like 1