Avaitor Reserve 2 still waiting

EyesWideShut

With all the recalls and delays that have plagued the Avaitor’s release. Has anyone that has placed a pre order received their vehicle yet. I have a date of 6-19-19 on the bottom and 6-27-19 on the top of my window sticker. No word from Ford ( that’s what the dealership told me), as to what’s going on with it. Are retail orders delivered before “special” orders. So frustrating the waiting game especially since it did pre order , put down my deposit and have had my loan offer approved and extended twice now( every 90 days). Any info would be helpful. 

84D38CAB-CD83-4BB3-9046-5D5C0C95030A.jpeg

3B5077B7-058A-4FA7-984C-A088D815A1B0.jpeg

What's your VIN, I can look up the status on your vehicle.   Mine was ordered in MAY, built 7/19 and has been in Limbo for over two months.  I believe it's in Detroit now.  No word when it will show up at my dealer, but I can see from the lincoln Way app that it also has not been inspected for the single recall issue.

27 minutes ago, jfischetti said:

What's your VIN, I can look up the status on your vehicle.   Mine was ordered in MAY, built 7/19 and has been in Limbo for over two months.  I believe it's in Detroit now.  No word when it will show up at my dealer, but I can see from the lincoln Way app that it also has not been inspected for the single recall issue.

I’m not sure I fully trust the Lincoln app. For like a month my window sticker disappeared and said it hadn’t been released yet. Then it magically appeared. When I look in ETIS nothing is displayed as far as outstanding. 

5LM5J7XC3LGL03337

27 minutes ago, jfischetti said:

Yours was built 7/15 and it looks like its got a destination to go somewhere (Origin Received / In Production), it could be Detroit for more inspections or to your dealer.   Time will tell.

For reference, my was build 7/19 and my car status just changed to Shipped Rail / In Transit after having your status for a few weeks and then it moved to Released / Awaiting Shipment 

Hopefully yours will move to RELEASED - then you know its on it's way to you.

image.png.5b7268499f49e732ef24c15f52198e84.png

Edited by jfischetti

On 9/27/2019 at 12:04 PM, jfischetti said:

Yours was built 7/15 and it looks like its got a destination to go somewhere (Origin Received / In Production), it could be Detroit for more inspections or to your dealer.   Time will tell.

For reference, my was build 7/19 and my car status just changed to Shipped Rail / In Transit after having your status for a few weeks and then it moved to Released / Awaiting Shipment 

Any news on yours yet. Concierge emailed yesterday and told me it looks like Q.C checks are complete. Just waiting for it to be released to shipping. 

On 9/27/2019 at 12:04 PM, jfischetti said:

Any news on yours yet. Concierge emailed yesterday and told me it looks like Q.C checks are complete. Just waiting for it to be released to shipping. 

2 hours ago, EyesWideShut said:

Yes.  it's on a train.  I get detailed status from the Ford employee in this forum on Fridays, so i'll have more current info tomorrow.

18 hours ago, EyesWideShut said:

Got word this morning that the car arrived to the Port of Newark in NJ.

Now it unloads and sits in lot until a truck gets it and brings it to my dealership.  Hopefully 1 week.   

In Transit - Arrived Rail - Railcar # TTGX941206 (Norfolk Southern Corp )  Dorautram, NJ Oct-03-2019, 18:42 ET

By the way, that status check I shared with you seems to be very delayed.  Mine hasn't updated in a number of days regardless of a lot of movement and various status thresholds.   Take that status with a grain of salt.

This is the forum that you have to post your VIN for him to look up.  He has a lot of rules to be part of his process.  Make sure you follow rules to get updates.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 5:19 PM, jfischetti said:

Yes.  it's on a train.  I get detailed status from the Ford employee in this forum on Fridays, so i'll have more current info tomorrow.

Did you take delivery yet. I’m still waiting. Reached out to the dealership and asked them to escalate this to the Lincoln dealer Rep. And the wait continues. 

17 hours ago, EyesWideShut said:

Did you take delivery yet. I’m still waiting. Reached out to the dealership and asked them to escalate this to the Lincoln dealer Rep. And the wait continues. 

Yes,   Got car on Friday and have put about 300 miles on it.   Drives really well (smooth) and very quiet.   The interior is incredible and the look of the car is so great.

Really happy with the purchase.   I towed my son's 18' 420 sailboat for about 100 miles on Monday and actually forgot the trailer was on the car.  The car is truly Quiet Flight.

I'm still getting used to it and have not seen any issues.   I'll do a long post once I have more time with the car.

On 10/16/2019 at 12:09 PM, jfischetti said:

Yes,   Got car on Friday and have put about 300 miles on it.   Drives really well (smooth) and very quiet.   The interior is incredible and the look of the car is so great.

Really happy with the purchase.   I towed my son's 18' 420 sailboat for about 100 miles on Monday and actually forgot the trailer was on the car.  The car is truly Quiet Flight.

I'm still getting used to it and have not seen any issues.   I'll do a long post once I have more time with the car.

I am still waiting no word what’s going in yet. Not sure what to do o Th we than wait at this point. 

On 10/16/2019 at 12:09 PM, jfischetti said:

Hi jfischetti. Congratulations on getting your new Aviator. One caveat though: If your check your Owners Manual, you will see it warns against towing for the first ~1,000 mile vehicle break-in period. Or to quote, "Do not tow during the first 1,000 mi

(1,600 km)."

Good luck with your new Aviator.

Which date is actually the build date?  The window sticker shows two dates (plus the bottom date which seems to change) and the tracking website has a different date. 

I’m assuming the lower date is when the vin was generated, the upper coded date is the actual build start date and the one which comes from the tracking site (the one you copy and paste into the web browser and interpret the code) is the date the vehicle rolls off the end of the assembly line.

3 minutes ago, Professor1234 said:

Which date is actually the build date?  The window sticker shows two dates (plus the bottom date which seems to change) and the tracking website has a different date. 

I’m assuming the lower date is when the vin was generated, the upper coded date is the actual build start date and the one which comes from the tracking site (the one you copy and paste into the web browser and interpret the code) is the date the vehicle rolls off the end of the assembly line.

Hi Professor. Unless the Aviator is different than every other Lincoln and Ford, the dates listed on the Window Sticker are not Build Dates.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Professor1234 said:

6/18 is the date the factory received the order. 6/28 is when it entered production. 7/15 when it was completed. Date on the bottom  of the window sticker is the last date it was pulled / viewed from the system. Mine still states in production. It must be at the back of the line over at Q.C. 

49 minutes ago, Professor1234 said:

6/18 is the date the factory received the order. 6/28 is when it entered production. 7/15 when it was completed. Date on the bottom  of the window sticker is the last date it was pulled / viewed from the system. Mine still states in production. It must be at the back of the line over at Q.C. 

20 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi jfischetti. Congratulations on getting your new Aviator. One caveat though: If your check your Owners Manual, you will see it warns against towing for the first ~1,000 mile vehicle break-in period. Or to quote, "Do not tow during the first 1,000 mi

(1,600 km)."

This sailboat is super light with a small trailer - not like a 22ft speed boat or anything...   

28 minutes ago, jfischetti said:

This sailboat is super light with a small trailer - not like a 22ft speed boat or anything...   

Hi jfischetti.  Yes, I am familiar with what  "420 sailboat" is. It is your new Aviator and you are obviously free to do what you want. However, Lincoln/Ford do not make any distinction about size or weight being towed, only not to tow for the first 1,000 mile break-in period.

I'm only offering the information and advice. Good luck with your new Aviator. ?

• Like 2

Ordered mine in March.  Heard from dealer July 16 that it was in Jacksonville, and would be delivered any day.  Well, as of Sept it still hadn't been released.  Found one 50 miles from me, same color scheme I ordered, but was a Reserve II, and I ordered a Reserve I.  Needless to say, I went and bought it.  Paid almost $6,000 less than sticker (which wouldn't have happened on my preorder).  Couldn't be happier!  Great vehicle so far.  Had it just over a month &  put 800 miles on it so time will tell.  Good luck!

• Like 1