Phone As A Key

Bellanca

10 hours ago, Bellanca said:

I don’t know. With Apple’s latest update I can’t seem to manually update apps or even show which apps have new versions...if that makes any sense. 

It took me a while to find it as well... if you are in the Apps app there will be a custom (mine is a lightening bolt for some reason) icon in the top right.  Click that and a menu will pop up with apps waiting to be updated.

Sure, the app may support the feature but does the car itself need to be updated?  I believe that even the window sticker references PaaK as 'late availability'.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Professor1234 said:

It took me a while to find it as well... if you are in the Apps app there will be a custom (mine is a lightening bolt for some reason) icon in the top right.  Click that and a menu will pop up with apps waiting to be updated.

Sure, the app may support the feature but does the car itself need to be updated?  I believe that even the window sticker references PaaK as 'late availability'.

On their site it did say late summer and my app just happened to update today so we’ll see. 

• 2 weeks later...

Received my new Aviator on 10/15 and set up my phone as key right away.  Easy to set up but my conclusion is I would only use when I definitely didn’t want to carry my fob. I found it much slower than the fob. The phone would lock/unlock and crank but for me it was just a bit clumsy and lack the quick and smooth operation of the fob. Still waiting for someone to start a new thread on “conclusions of a new owner”.  I can’t seem to do it.

• 2 months later...
On 12/20/2019 at 10:14 PM, Bellanca said:

Yeah I saw that as well, I just rolled past 5K and it’s not a major thing for me so I’m just going to wait until I have it serviced at 10K for them to do the update.

Same here. Going to wait till the 10K service, which I will probably have done earlier than 10K miles. Supposedly, with that update, it addresses other issues as well (software related) for better stability. That's the word from the "inside" I've heard through the grapevine. just over 4500 miles and it has been GREAT! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AutomotiveAddicts said:

Same here. Going to wait till the 10K service, which I will probably have done earlier than 10K miles. Supposedly, with that update, it addresses other issues as well (software related) for better stability. That's the word from the "inside" I've heard through the grapevine. just over 4500 miles and it has been GREAT! 

Oh I’ll probably have mine done before then too; I have a couple of little bugs with the infotainment system but otherwise I love this car. I feel bad for the people having serious issues but that’s just how it goes sometimes, though this launch does seem unusually rocky. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2020 at 5:15 PM, Black Label said:

Any issues with Phone As A Key? Does it operate the hands free kick lift gate option?

I had a glitch with my iPhone and had to delete it and Bluetooth connections, but it works as advertised.  Just tried the kick open with PAAK and it works.  Everything is the same as if you had a key fob.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mustangchief said:

I had a glitch with my iPhone and had to delete it and Bluetooth connections, but it works as advertised.  Just tried the kick open with PAAK and it works.  Everything is the same as if you had a key fob.

Thanks. A guy on a different forum has a 2020 Corsair and says all works except the hands free lift gate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bellanca said:

Having my 10K service done Friday; never received mail/email from Lincoln stating mine was ready for PAAK but I’ll see if the dealer can get it working. It’s not a huge deal to me but it would be nice to have. 

just had our oil change service and asked for the paak update... they didn’t know about it and had to contact corp and they finally got an answer and the software. they updated it and in the process it updated sync and i want to say it updated something else because i had to reset my dash back to my preference to display the tech. interesting... the stereo does seem more stable now and it does the graphic scroll-tune using Sirius now. interesting again, but i’m not complaining. all works good including paak!!! 

I have a Corsair with PAAK - it was quite flaky getting set up, but once done it has worked fine in general.  The key (ha!) was to delete any existing Bluetooth connection between the car and the phone, then set up the PAAK.  The exterior lights up when I get near the car with the phone, and everything on the exterior works just like the key fob.   I've noted on a few occasions if I jump in and try to start the car, it will tell me there's no key.  If I give it about 5 seconds, it works fine.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chrisholland03 said:

I have a Corsair with PAAK - it was quite flaky getting set up, but once done it has worked fine in general.  The key (ha!) was to delete any existing Bluetooth connection between the car and the phone, then set up the PAAK.  The exterior lights up when I get near the car with the phone, and everything on the exterior works just like the key fob.   I've noted on a few occasions if I jump in and try to start the car, it will tell me there's no key.  If I give it about 5 seconds, it works fine.  

I see what you did there lol. 

Cool, good to know, thanks. Guess the other guy just has a buggy system, unfortunately.