Phone As A Key

Bellanca

2 hours ago, chrisholland03 said:

I have a Corsair with PAAK - it was quite flaky getting set up, but once done it has worked fine in general.  The key (ha!) was to delete any existing Bluetooth connection between the car and the phone, then set up the PAAK.  The exterior lights up when I get near the car with the phone, and everything on the exterior works just like the key fob.   I've noted on a few occasions if I jump in and try to start the car, it will tell me there's no key.  If I give it about 5 seconds, it works fine.  

Hi chris. Just to be sure, since you did not specify: You have tried it and without a keyfob on your person, you can use the PAAK to open the rear hatch by kicking your foot under the rear bumper?

6 minutes ago, chrisholland03 said:

Apologies - when I said everything works just like the keyfob, that included the hatch.  Phone in pocket, no key, approach the vehicle, exterior lights come on.  Rear hatch opens by kicking foot under rear bumper.

Hi chris. Thanks. Just wanted to be sure we are all talking about and understanding the same thing. ?

On 2/28/2020 at 10:26 AM, chrisholland03 said:

I have a Corsair with PAAK - it was quite flaky getting set up, but once done it has worked fine in general.  The key (ha!) was to delete any existing Bluetooth connection between the car and the phone, then set up the PAAK.  The exterior lights up when I get near the car with the phone, and everything on the exterior works just like the key fob.   I've noted on a few occasions if I jump in and try to start the car, it will tell me there's no key.  If I give it about 5 seconds, it works fine.  

Same thing in our Aviator... takes a couple of seconds if I jump in and hit the start button. Sometimes it will say "key not detected" but after a few seconds it registers and I can then start it. Also, walking up to the car it has taken a few seconds to register maybe twice. Seems to work just fine most of the time... about 95%. 

The PAAK on my Aviator GT was flaky from day one when I picked it up a month ago. It got worse over the last few weeks and then finally crapped out and stopped working completely last Wednesday. Tried every troubleshooting method possible from master resets of the Sync system uninstalling/reinstalling Lincoln Way app multiple times, deleting/resetting Bluetooth connections on phone and even bought a new iPhone all to no avail. Also called Lincoln concierge for help and the guy walked me through the exact same useless procedures which still didn’t help. 

I finally brought it to the dealer this morning to have it checked the dealer also had a their local rep from Lincoln Canada there who saw the problem as well. Eventually they figured out apparently the vehicle needed some kind of MASSIVE software update and they had to leave it plugged into their scanner for like 4 hours to fully upload everything and then reprogram some modules. 

The end end result is the PAAK is now working! I was able to set it up on my phone right away and so far I’ve driven it for three short trips and it is working flawlessly, exactly as if I was using the factory fob. Even the welcome lighting and hands free lift gate work properly with the PAAK. 

My my suggestion for anyone else having PAAK issues take it back to the dealer for this big “update”.  Unfortunately they wouldn’t give me details of what the software update was called, version or anything, but it seemed much more involved than a simple update of the Sync 3 system with a USB disk. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rampagex7 said:

The PAAK on my Aviator GT was flaky from day one when I picked it up a month ago. It got worse over the last few weeks and then finally crapped out and stopped working completely last Wednesday. Tried every troubleshooting method possible from master resets of the Sync system uninstalling/reinstalling Lincoln Way app multiple times, deleting/resetting Bluetooth connections on phone and even bought a new iPhone all to no avail. Also called Lincoln concierge for help and the guy walked me through the exact same useless procedures which still didn’t help. 

I finally brought it to the dealer this morning to have it checked the dealer also had a their local rep from Lincoln Canada there who saw the problem as well. Eventually they figured out apparently the vehicle needed some kind of MASSIVE software update and they had to leave it plugged into their scanner for like 4 hours to fully upload everything and then reprogram some modules. 

The end end result is the PAAK is now working! I was able to set it up on my phone right away and so far I’ve driven it for three short trips and it is working flawlessly, exactly as if I was using the factory fob. Even the welcome lighting and hands free lift gate work properly with the PAAK. 

My my suggestion for anyone else having PAAK issues take it back to the dealer for this big “update”.  Unfortunately they wouldn’t give me details of what the software update was called, version or anything, but it seemed much more involved than a simple update of the Sync 3 system with a USB disk. 

My Nav was built on February 12, I hope it included that update. Only one way to find out.