How many Km’s/miles with 181L/48g tank(6.7)?

Ramrod79

• 3 weeks later...

This is taking a long time, I don’t put a lot of km’s on in a year. I am currently half ways through my first tank of fuel and have 600km’s on my trip counter and DTE still says 610km’s. Approximately 180 highway and 420km’s around the city. Avg of 15.5L/100km.  

I went with the diesel this time for the fuel economy while towing my fifth wheel, if I can get 10-12 towing that will be a pretty significant increase over the 8-9mpg I normally got with my 6.2L.  Plus the larger fuel tank with the long box, I’m looking forward to towing next camping season. 

Diesel would be an advantage in the mountains..they dont downshift like the gassers...that will be of benefit...be interesting to see the 7.3 in front of the new 10sp though....personally i would give up a few mpg for not having to fork out an additional $9-12k and avoiding the diesel headaches (plus i still think the inline oil burner is the better choice)..for you a lot depends in what you are towing in a camper and gearing...at least with the diesels you could go with a higher gear (3:31's) and thats a huge advantage over 4:30's or 4:88's...but again nobody knows your config

The 7.3L was definitely an option for me until the numbers came out. Not saying they are bad but I wasn’t getting one unless it had 500 or more torque. So I decided to go with the 6.7 which will tow my 9500 lb fifth wheel like a champ.  My new truck has the 3.55 gears which will be plenty. My 6.2l 250 had the 3.73 gears which pulled fine, the 4.30 would have been a lot better though. I have pulled my trailer on the flats and through the Rockies and it managed....manual mode and my foot to the floor and just listen to her scream. Where I live it gets crazy windy and I found the wind worse than any hill I have had to climb while towing as the hills have a end, where you can push the wind for hours straight and a fifth wheel catches a lot of air.  My parents bought my 6.2l 250 off me so I might get some more seat time in it yet, I only put 101k km’s on it in the 8 years I had it. I hope they enjoy it(and my dad will finally get to drive a real truck now, he’s a Chevy guy). Lol

B3B96D40-2ACA-4BFD-AA1E-CB917E034CDD.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

First pic is the on way home from vacation pulling the fifth wheel, second one is the trip to the vacation spot with the fifth wheel. Pretty happy with those numbers. That’s 10.83mpg and 11.76mpg for you guys south of the border. 

7D1446A4-9607-47B3-BFA1-5DF981C08C1E.jpeg

51E2845F-19C9-46C7-A349-E2904062632F.jpeg

Edited by Ramrod79

• 6 months later...

The most I have had was over 1300km and filled up at the next gas station as I was in the middle of nowhere. The truck was brand new at the time as well. I can get about 800kms on a tank in town driving. Surprisingly better in town on fuel than my 6.2 F250 was. This past summer I towed my fifth wheel and got around 750kms on a tank of straight towing, pretty much all flat land.