TFL/ Bronco news

Eh, I think I will rather wait until either Ford teases that the Bronco is going to be revealed or a more reliable source announces it. I'm thinking it's actually Bronco Sport crossover that may be revealed as it's the first to rollout within 6 months which would make sense to show it at LA in less than a couple months. The midsize Bronco would likely be shown at Detroit Auto Show in June of 2020 before it goes into production late 2020 and arrive to dealer lots sometime in early 2021. It's also possible that the midsize Bronco may be revealed alongside the Bronco Sport but only in Concept form so that articles would be published with info about both to clarify plans for the Bronco subbranding. Then the Production version of midsize Bronco at Detroit. These guys at TFT have made mistakes before about the Bronco including the full-size rumor based on next F-150 so I'm going to wait until a reliable source announces it whether it's from Ford directly or a user here who is insider.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

Eh, I think I will rather wait until either Ford teases that the Bronco is going to be revealed or a more reliable source announces it. I'm thinking it's actually Bronco Sport crossover that may be revealed as it's the first to rollout within 6 months which would make sense to show it at LA in less than a couple months. The midsize Bronco would likely be shown at Detroit Auto Show in June of 2020 before it goes into production late 2020 and arrive to dealer lots sometime in early 2021. It's also possible that the midsize Bronco may be revealed alongside the Bronco Sport but only in Concept form so that articles would be published with info about both to clarify plans for the Bronco subbranding. Then the Production version of midsize Bronco at Detroit. These guys at TFT have made mistakes before about the Bronco including the full-size rumor based on next F-150 so I'm going to wait until a reliable source announces it whether it's from Ford directly or a user here who is insider.

I haven't heard anything at all about when it's going to be shown, but I suspect it's either going to be it's own event sometime in spring 2020 or the centerpiece of the 2020 NAIAS. 

• Like 1

If you watch the whole video, what they are saying seems to line up with what Deanh said in the other thread so I’d say their info could be correct. Seems like the source is someone who went to the dealer meeting.

baby bronco is also supposed to be called sport according to the video. So glad they went away from adventurer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking.  The TFL guys are fast to throw an article up, but they regularly confuse the midsize body on frame Bronco with the unibody baby.  It seems highly unlikely that Ford would debut a model over a year before availability, beyond what was necessary to make branding connections clear between it and another model, the "yet to be named rugged off road small utility".

Maybe we'll find out the darn baby's name in Nov.

1 hour ago, probowler said:

I mean, they announced a vehicle like 5 years before it's release. Did it even exist at that point?? ?   Were there sketches, models.... or was it all some elaborate prank? Like someone just put the name Bronco on a public slide show, and to save face Ford just went with it.

It definitely existed, or at least the program did. The same day as the infamous NAIAS slideshow they had a meeting with MAP day shift (stopped production and everything) and announced it to the workforce. Both the Plant Manager and Jimmy Settles (then UAW-Ford Vice President) were there to talk about it. 

Ford insider here. They are 100% off on the F150 Sync screen, its nothing like explorer. It's actually a huge horizontal screen thats impeded in the IP. There will be a digital cluster. Ive actually seen all versions of the production version F150 and the interior is best in class luxury and tech.

Edited by averagengineer
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It definitely existed, or at least the program did. The same day as the infamous NAIAS slideshow they had a meeting with MAP day shift (stopped production and everything) and announced it to the workforce. Both the Plant Manager and Jimmy Settles (then UAW-Ford Vice President) were there to talk about it. 

Good to know, I do get why it took so long,  but I also think the announcement timing and presentation to be hilarious and a bit of a jump of the gun, so I like to make fun of Ford for it :)

Funny how they spoke about to the UAW a good 12 months before the engineering development kicked off. At that point perhaps they were looking at a top hat change on Everest chassis (has watts link) as a head start. A very reliable source has advised that the current project is not delayed from the original eta set at kickoff.

9 hours ago, averagengineer said:

Ford insider here. They are 100% off on the F150 Sync screen, its nothing like explorer. It's actually a huge horizontal screen thats impeded in the IP. There will be a digital cluster. Ive actually seen all versions of the production version F150 and the interior is best in class luxury and tech.

Can confirm... The integrated portrait screens are incredible. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, averagengineer said:

I'm hoping this is what they do for the Bronco dash-it would work with the atheistic of the 1st gen Bronco dash that the new one is supposed to draw upon.

1974-ford-bronco-driveshare-12.ashx?modified=20171226205625&mw=1920&hash=B1760B7DC3E4E653D73DAA2889D7D5E5DEAF3EB3

• Like 2