Corsair first drive reviews

Whoa - this caught my attention so I went and looked at the owner's manual for both escape and corsair.

Shift paddles are on hand if the driver wants to briefly call the shots, but Lincoln’s piano-key PRND shift buttons don’t allow for a manual mode.

No manual mode??   Nope, not on the Corsair.  You can still shift with the paddles and there is an Excite driving mode that corresponds to the old Sport mode, but the transmission will return to full auto mode if you don't use the paddles for a bit.   Then again all you have to do is hit the paddles again and it will revert back to manual.

Escape OTOH still has a manual mode and a separate Sport driving mode and behaves like current vehicles.

At first I thought this was a problem but now that I think about it - maybe it actually works better not having to go in and out of manual mode.  Besides, this is not a sports car.  So you have Excite mode if you want more responsiveness and you can paddle shift any time you need to.  

The only potential issue I could see after thinking about it is if you wanted to hold a lower gear for a long period - descending a mountain e.g. or staying in the twisties for several minutes in the same gear.   Perhaps as long as the RPMs are kept relatively high it stays in manual mode?  If so then I can't think of any downside to this type of operation and it saves that extra button and hassle of selecting Manual mode.

Motor Trend:  

The intelligent AWD system disconnects to automatically send as much as 100 percent of the power to the rear wheels if needed

When it disconnects it sends 0 torque to the rear wheels.  Other than that a surprisingly good review.   I bet it killed them to admit that Lincoln made a great vehicle that wasn't a gussied up Ford.

• Like 1

Overall, positive opinions on internal space, quality of materials, technology and design. I think Corsair has the best exterior design of all the Lincolns and it has the highest sales potential. I hope Lincoln promotes it.

Edited by RadicalX

I think we'll go take a test drive.  I'd still prefer an Aviator or Explorer for the extra room but this would fit the garage better and is a lot cheaper (relatively speaking).  Depends on how roomy it feels and how the seats fit me.   And it will have a PHEV option.

My biggest issue is with the dramatic increase in price just going a step up.  I'd like the better stereo.  But you have to go to Reserve II to get that.  That jacks the price up quite a bit.

So are they not going to have a hybrid?  Just a PHEV?  I've been curious about a hybrid model possibly.

1 hour ago, 92merc said:

My biggest issue is with the dramatic increase in price just going a step up.  I'd like the better stereo.  But you have to go to Reserve II to get that.  That jacks the price up quite a bit.

Revel Audio is standard on the base Reserve.   Compared to the Standard I (101A) with the premium package it's only a $2800 increase and you also get a few other things on the Reserve like LED foglamps, power tilt steering wheel and premium leather.

6 minutes ago, akirby said:

Revel Audio is standard on the base Reserve.   Compared to the Standard I (101A) with the premium package it's only a $2800 increase and you also get a few other things on the Reserve like LED foglamps, power tilt steering wheel and premium leather.

Hi Allen. I think there may be some confusion as to which system is standard on the Reserve: The Revel System or the Revel Ultima system. There is a significant difference between the two.

I believe most people who say they want to upgrade, or wish they could upgrade to the Revel system, are actually referring to the Revel Ultima system.

10 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Allen. I think there may be some confusion as to which system is standard on the Reserve: The Revel System or the Revel Ultima system. There is a significant difference between the two.

I believe most people who say they want to upgrade, or wish they could upgrade to the Revel system, are actually referring to the Revel Ultima system.

I think there is only one revel system offered on the Corsair, at least I couldn’t find a second one on the build and price.

12 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I think there is only one revel system offered on the Corsair, at least I couldn’t find a second one on the build and price.

Hi jcartwright. Looks like you are correct and I was the one confused. ?

I took a look at the Order Guide and Build and Price site, and could not see any listing or information about the top-of-the-line Revel Ultima audio system being offered. I'm surprised. Perhaps it will be added later.

Thanks for the information and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

5 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi jcartwright. Looks like you are correct and I was the one confused. ?

I took a look at the Order Guide and Build and Price site, and could not see any listing or information about the top-of-the-line Revel Ultima audio system being offered. I'm surprised. Perhaps it will be added later.

Thanks for the information and good luck.

You’re thinking about Nautilus and Aviator which have 2 versions.   

They probably don’t offer the Ultima system for the same reason they don’t offer Black Label.

5 minutes ago, akirby said:

You’re thinking about Nautilus and Aviator which have 2 versions.   

They probably don’t offer the Ultima system for the same reason they don’t offer Black Label.

Hi Allen. Yes, I was just assuming there was a Revel Ultima audio system offering to go with the base Lincoln Premium audio and Revel audio upgrade, as in most other Lincoln products (such as my non-Black Label MKZ).

While I am surprised it is not offered now, I have a feeling it will be offered later in production.

Edited by bbf2530

Can I just say comments on these stories are beyond ridiculous.

"I can get a German SUV for that price." With the same options?

"The Kia Pallisade is cheaper and kills the Lincoln"  Not in the same segment, not even close in build quality or materials

"The Lincoln isn't as fast as the BMW and has less prestige so it should be 10 grand cheaper" SMH

I am totally convinced that certain manufactures pay people to comment. I know Tesla does. That doesn't account for roughly half that are just trolls or are just idiots.

• Like 3