Corsair first drive reviews

36 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I am totally convinced that certain manufactures pay people to comment. I know Tesla does. That doesn't account for roughly half that are just trolls or are just idiots.

I think it’s closer to 95% trolls.  I stopped reading comments and reviews.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I think it’s closer to 95% trolls.  I stopped reading comments and reviews.

Pickuptrucks.com closed the comment section on their articles. Which I’m so glad about. I actually quit reading anything off their site because of the ridiculous commentary. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

technically, this site is a giant comment section lol

Its technically social media too...so what is your point? The thing is that there are some gatekeepers here, where as there doesn't seem to be any active moderation or "gate keeping" system in place to keep the idiots in check. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Its technically social media too...so what is your point? The thing is that there are some gatekeepers here, where as there doesn't seem to be any active moderation or "gate keeping" system in place to keep the idiots in check. 

There was no point, just a joke, hence the “lol”

• Like 1

23 hours ago, akirby said:

Motor Trend:  

When it disconnects it sends 0 torque to the rear wheels.  Other than that a surprisingly good review.   I bet it killed them to admit that Lincoln made a great vehicle that wasn't a gussied up Ford.

Motor Trend also got the hp wrong on the 2.3 engine. Otherwise, I agree, a strikingly positive review. While they mention the Escape the article spends it's time in comparisons to vehicles like the X3 and Evoque, vehicles that folks will actually be cross shopping. ...and the comparisons are favorable to the Corsair. 

Edited by Gurgeh

1 hour ago, fordtech1 said:

It’s good to see Lincoln get some love after all these years. It’s been a long time coming. Hopefully they can keep the momentum. I do wish they would keep the continental to keep the portfolio complete.    The coach doors, IMO, is a good start. 

The funny part is they seem to like the FWD based Corsair even better than the RWD 400+ HP Aviator.   Seems backwards for rags like C&D and MT.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

The funny part is they seem to like the FWD based Corsair even better than the RWD 400+ HP Aviator.   Seems backwards for rags like C&D and MT.

Motortrend wasn't very kind to the Explorer in their Explorer/Palisades comparo  today either. I don't get it!!

22 minutes ago, 70 Stang said:

Motortrend wasn't very kind to the Explorer in their Explorer/Palisades comparo  today either. I don't get it!!

I think the problem with MT is that Ford refused to "buy" their OTY awards with advertising commitments.

1 hour ago, 70 Stang said:

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I think the problem with MT is that Ford refused to "buy" their OTY awards with advertising commitments.

The problem isn't with Motor Trend, or Ford's advertising strategy. It's that Ford didn't put forth the effort to make 2020 Explorer the best it could be. Especially with the vehicle's interior. Ford could have used 2020 Explorer to break from its tradition of bland looking and cheap feeling interiors, but it decided not to. Maybe that's because they don't want to encroach on Lincoln, now that the newest Lincoln vehicles like Aviator and Corsair have genuinely nice interiors.

This problem isn't a huge one though. There are plenty of loyal Ford Explorer owners (sheeple) who will gladly buy the new one without considering any competitors. The Explorer name itself counts for a lot.

• Angry 1

Only Motor Trend said the interior was bad - the others said it was acceptable/ok just not great.  And don't forget that for Palisade and Durango at least those are the top of the line models for the mfr whereas Ford has the Aviator if you want something nicer.   So I think it's a combination of having Aviator as the step up and a bit of cost cutting.  But in return you get much better performance from the chassis and the drivetrain.

29 minutes ago, akirby said:

Only Motor Trend said the interior was bad - the others said it was acceptable/ok just not great.  And don't forget that for Palisade and Durango at least those are the top of the line models for the mfr whereas Ford has the Aviator if you want something nicer.   So I think it's a combination of having Aviator as the step up and a bit of cost cutting.  But in return you get much better performance from the chassis and the drivetrain.

My beef is that with any Hyundai (or most Korean cars) in my experience and from what I've read, they don't age very well. Jam the Palisade with fancy leather and make it look nice, that's fine. After 30k are you going to hear creaks and rattles, get leaks, have a ridiculous maintenance regimen to keep your warranty? No thanks if that is the case. I feel like they cut corners to keep the price low. Initially, you won't notice it but eventually you will.

the Telluride and palisade have some nice interiors. I haven’t seen them in person to know what quality they are but they do look nice in photos and video. With that said, I don’t think the explorer interior photographs well and I wasn’t sure about it when I first saw it. It looks much better in person. I now own a 2020 explorer xlt and think it’s pretty great. I’d put it up against the base model telluride and palisade any day.

the Telluride and palisade have some nice interiors. I haven’t seen them in person to know what quality they are but they do look nice in photos and video. With that said, I don’t think the explorer interior photographs well and I wasn’t sure about it when I first saw it. It looks much better in person. I now own a 2020 explorer xlt and think it’s pretty great. I’d put it up against the base model telluride and palisade any day.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

It's worth noting that they made a very conceited effort to focus on making the new Explorer family friendly, which means some compromises had to be made on the interior materials to make them more "kid friendly", which I took to mean mostly easy to clean. 

On 10/2/2019 at 3:17 PM, akirby said:

Only Motor Trend said the interior was bad - the others said it was acceptable/ok just not great.

2020 Explorer interior may be acceptable/ok to owners of older Explorers (or other Ford branded vehicles) who are accustomed to cheap interiors. But probably not to consumers who comparison shop competitive makes.

Here's what Car and Driver said. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison-test/a29359211/2020-ford-explorer-vs-2020-kia-telluride/

In interior style and quality, the [Kia] Telluride doesn't just pummel the Ford. It punches well above its weight and delivers a near-luxury experience despite a price that screams "value." In contrast, the Explorer is a somber study in penny-pinching cost savings and hard, black plastic. If you measure luxuriousness by anything other than size, there are $30K compact cars that are more upscale than this particular $46,810 Explorer.

Not to derail this conversation because it’s supposed to be about the Corsair not the Explorer or Telluride. However, it’s awfully funny how if the Explorer was Front wheel drive everyone would be in uproar and say how awful it is. Not to mention when the rags discuss the Telluride and palisade, they are related under the skin. Yet the Explorer gets no props for being rwd and they still say the aviator is the same vehicle. We all know damn well the aviator doesn’t look anything remotely to the Explorer. I guarantee the Kia and Hyundai are indistinguishable underneath on a lift. As the Explorer and aviator have different suspensions.  

Point is, if Kia made a great suv, then fantastic for them. However, they should get knocked for the same crap.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, fordtech1 said:

Not to derail this conversation because it’s supposed to be about the Corsair not the Explorer or Telluride. However, it’s awfully funny how if the Explorer was Front wheel drive everyone would be in uproar and say how awful it is. Not to mention when the rags discuss the Telluride and palisade, they are related under the skin. Yet the Explorer gets no props for being rwd and they still say the aviator is the same vehicle. We all know damn well the aviator doesn’t look anything remotely to the Explorer. I guarantee the Kia and Hyundai are indistinguishable underneath on a lift. As the Explorer and aviator have different suspensions.  

Point is, if Kia made a great suv, then fantastic for them. However, they should get knocked for the same crap.

My take is mags are fawning overing Telluride and Palisade because of 2 things. The upscale looks both interior and exterior and the low price. The only engine is nothing special at all. Ford has 4 flavors of engines. It's base engine is better than the Kia/Hyundia. Another thing to note,  the Korean twins both are Traverse sized. It's like they are a half size bigger than Explorer and half size smaller than Expedition. 

On topic, is there any restriction on the suspension upgrade on the Corsair? If I got one, I would probably want that. I just may not want to go up to the 2.3.

3 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Another thing to note,  the Korean twins both are Traverse sized. It's like they are a half size bigger than Explorer and half size smaller than Expedition. 

Where are you coming up with your size impression? The Explorer is longer, wider, taller, and has a longer wheelbase.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison-test/a29359211/2020-ford-explorer-vs-2020-kia-telluride/

HRG

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Where are you coming up with your size impression? The Explorer is longer, wider, taller, and has a longer wheelbase.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison-test/a29359211/2020-ford-explorer-vs-2020-kia-telluride/

HRG

My bad .....I got mixed up there on the stats. Disregard my statement.