Ford Q3 & September 2019 Sales Results & Charts

3 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Now that Ford has started combining F-150 & Ranger numbers to state best selling "truck", how long before GM decides to combine Silverado/Sierra/Colorado/Canyon numbers, and claim best selling truck Company, rather than a brand?

HRG

I don't think they can combine Chevy and GMC numbers.  That would be like VW and Audi being combined.

7 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

They talk about "combined" sales in the Q2 press release.

HRG

Ford Q2 truck sales.JPG

I'd say your stretching things a bit-plus remember in 2004, Ford had the Ranger still in production and all they are saying is that they are growing markets share between the two. 

The F-series is still the best selling truck nameplate

55 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Now that Ford has started combining F-150 & Ranger numbers to state best selling "truck", how long before GM decides to combine Silverado/Sierra/Colorado/Canyon numbers, and claim best selling truck Company, rather than a brand?

HRG

GM's been doing that already lol.  Or at least the GM faithful have.

All Ford mentioned was combined pick up sales which is understandable considering GM does the same.

I remember a time when Silverado alone would match F Series sales, today GM needs to combine it and Sierra

There's been a big slow up in sales last month, I think that was a result of the huge pull ahead

that happened in August when everyone had strong incentives on trucks.

Edited by jpd80

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see 650/750 sales are going in right direction.  The 7.3 will be a huge boost for both.   But again I did a "traffic count on a 100 mile plus trip On I -495 the other day.

Hino vs Ford- any year 650/750, any Hino conventional.  25 Hinos, 9 Fords.  HDT stats say they are outselling Hino.  But I guess that says there are some very aggressive Hino dealers here in "Taxachusetts"??

• Like 1