Signing Bonus

You'll darn sure care when in a few years, the In-Progression and today's temps that get hired full time  that you don't care about, far outnumber legacy, and they vote in a contract that cuts YOUR Pension.  And don't say it can't happen...cause it surely can.  A Signing bonus is nothing more than a BRIBE to accept a garbage contract.  I  would prefer to get a contract that increases my weekly wages so it grows over time, then a bonus that will be gone in a month.

• Like 3

On 10/3/2019 at 9:48 PM, chassisgroupleader said:

I hope these UAW idiots don't mess up my signing Bonus!  $8,000 will come handy dandy!$$$$$$$$$$

You will not be recieving $8,000 this contract term. They won’t be able to afford it once they reverse the 2007 agreement back to the terms of the 2003 agreement. 

Edited by Furious1Auto

3 hours ago, Furious1Auto said:

You will not be recieving $8,000 this contract term. They won’t be able to afford it once they reverse the 2007 agreement back to the terms of the 2003 agreement. 

I’m all for standing with the union cause I pay dues, but do you really think that’ll happen? What are we actually fighting for? $50 per hr? Plus health and profit sharing? Temps getting rolled over? Everybody in my age group is struggling to get $17 per hr and are still applying for the temp jobs. And you guys wanna walk the line when we’re getting double! My last job was Best Buy and I was happy to get $11 per hr and looked up to you guys and envied you! Now your crying because you feel like since the company is doing well, you wanna time travel back to 1986 and put the company back in the same spot they just got out of. And I have to follow you because we’re brothers on the shop floor! I’ll do my part but I won’t like it. You guys better take the buy out next time cause the tier 2’s are organizing. The old ways gotta change. 

On 10/5/2019 at 2:23 PM, trailfndr said:

You'll darn sure care when in a few years, the In-Progression and today's temps that get hired full time  that you don't care about, far outnumber legacy, and they vote in a contract that cuts YOUR Pension.  And don't say it can't happen...cause it surely can.  A Signing bonus is nothing more than a BRIBE to accept a garbage contract.  I  would prefer to get a contract that increases my weekly wages so it grows over time, then a bonus that will be gone in a month.

You do not get to vote to cut a pension. If Ford does it will be of their own doing.As far as the In progression Employees by that time they will be outsourced to other nations or replaced with robots. Like most jobs in 20 years there will be very few humans doing manual labor.

1 hour ago, 95Triway said:

I’m all for standing with the union cause I pay dues, but do you really think that’ll happen? What are we actually fighting for? $50 per hr? Plus health and profit sharing? Temps getting rolled over? Everybody in my age group is struggling to get $17 per hr and are still applying for the temp jobs. And you guys wanna walk the line when we’re getting double! My last job was Best Buy and I was happy to get $11 per hr and looked up to you guys and envied you! Now your crying because you feel like since the company is doing well, you wanna time travel back to 1986 and put the company back in the same spot they just got out of. And I have to follow you because we’re brothers on the shop floor! I’ll do my part but I won’t like it. You guys better take the buy out next time cause the tier 2’s are organizing. The old ways gotta change. 

You are not a dues paying union member. You haven’t fooled anyone by saying that you are. No one is crying except you and the the rest of the management on this site. How you idiots keep pointing at legacy wages as if that’s what Autoworkers make blows my mind. The average pay of an Autoworker cannot be $90k per year while making $15 starting wage for the first 104 weeks, and while less than 50% of the employ are legacy employees. Do the math and add it up. My calculator works perfect.

When you add temps, in progression and new traditional together within 4 years you breached 50% from 20% since last contract. Now how dafuq does an employee making $15 per hour on 30 hours a week make $90k? The answer, they don’t. Legacy employees don’t make up the difference to get an average, because they average $64k. More lies.

Expect a pay cut or cut in your numbers to make up the difference in what you will be paying the hourly employees after this contract. Brace yourself because once GM is settled Ford is our next. 

95A18460-0317-4E13-B225-DAA81A87831D.png

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't have a Facebook account. Worst millennial ever, I know. 

Right, and we are expected to believe that you are a millennial AKA; New hire, with a good job in Lavonia with a good job and happy to be making half what the man next to you is? 

Again, you are a shit stirring manager here to spread poison. 

57 minutes ago, Furious1Auto said:

Right, and we are expected to believe that you are a millennial AKA; New hire, with a good job in Lavonia with a good job and happy to be making half what the man next to you is? 

Again, you are a shit stirring manager here to spread poison. 

Never said I worked at Livonia. You assumed that. Also never said I was happy making less than you dinosaurs, but I also don't bitch about it because I budget carefully and don't overspend. 

You’re the only one who doesn't know my deal here, probably because you only come around at contract time to, as you put it, shit stir. Hell, even the company figured out who I am due to me being careless and putting out too much information. 

9 hours ago, Furious1Auto said:

Now how dafuq does an employee making $15 per hour on 30 hours a week make $90k?

What plant are you at that only does 40hrs per week? Are you getting short work week every week? You need to transfer. And I don’t know about you but my pay went up according to the contract so I made $15 per hr for a year then went up. I averaged 60 hrs per week last year easy so yeah 90k is nothing. I’m thankful for it. Oh and my “legacy” co-workers did 110k easy. I shopped around the floor for work because I’m trying to start my family. I just want to take advantage of what you “legacy” guys had for years. Don’t knock me down now please. You want to turn the money off for what really? Tell me in plain English.

New Hires make 15.78 per hour which is less the cleanup makes and are restricted to 30hr. work weeks. But you already know this. I have archived every single check I have received since 2004 and have never missed a day’s work, nor been late. Also the annual summaries that use to be sent out outlining total compensation. Which one do you want me to photograph and post?

There are skillled trades that don’t even make $120K @ $34 per hour. 

What you fail to realize is that every local union has their own FaceBook closed group, after that many other closed sub-groups for different classifications, and from there joint groups combining UAW/Autoworkers from all 3 manufacturers. They are individual cells for local business and common cells for issues facing all of us. 

Take me a picture of your ID Badge and post it if you have balls. I can get information on anyone in the system, anywhere, at anytime. You aren’t hourly employees and the things you are writing are evidence of this. We all have this access. Why do you think the propagated news stories aren’t phasing us? 

Why do you think protests are being staged, and UAW Members from all 3 manufacturers are showing up? The media has blacked out most of the events, but we don’t need the media, and we don’t need public support. Though we do have that as well. It’s not very popular to take public money to bail out your company and then shower your CEO’s in bonuses generated from bailout money. 

Notices like this are are popping up all over. You won’t win this battle, you will bankrupt yourself trying. Only this time the public will not be bailing anyone out.  

4020AAE9-23B5-42CA-9871-4F8F1A0A7E8B.jpeg

Edited by Furious1Auto

New Hires make 15.78 per hour which is less the cleanup makes and are restricted to 30hr. work weeks. But you already know this.

I don’t know any of that. I’m in-progression with 7yrs in so I’m just about at the top. Which is why I want to keep working!!! So at my current $26.49 (I’m a job setter extra couple cents) yeah its very easy to make $80-90K. Last year OT was everywhere and I took it. I worked 84hrs in a week easy (well not easy but you get it). My plant doesn’t work like yours I guess. 

There are skillled trades that don’t even make $120K @ $34 per hour. 

All the trades I work with on my line work crazy OT as well, so I think they made good money too. 

Take me a picture of your ID Badge and post it if you have balls. I can get information on anyone in the system, anywhere, at anytime.

Dude seriously.... your a joke. You want to flame a dues paying brother just because I have a different viewpoint than you. I told you where I work, but you haven’t said anything. I don’t think you really work for the company. Maybe your a news reporter? Or a Internet troll or something? 

I have archived every single check I have received since 2004 and have never missed a day’s work, nor been late.

So you’ve been making $15.78 this whole time? You’re not at top pay yet? Are you a STS? You honestly should have left and got a different job sir. The guys who trained me at DTP told me that when I started as LTS. They told me not to stay if I didn’t get rolled over after a year or so. 

Edited by 95Triway