Ford Leasing for Z Plan Eligible

17 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I don't recall ever saying Insurance is far fetched?....aside from that its required on a new car, full coverage if theres a lein, and at least 3rd party if its free and clear, which wouldn't make sense if the car was brand new. After 10 or so years when its depreciated to literally nothing then maybe. Obtaining GAP isn't necessary on a Ford lease, if that's what youre talking about...and on a purchase...if you put enough down its not necessary.  

You said worrying about a leased car being stolen or totaled was silly.  If it was silly you wouldn't need insurance, would you?

Just now, akirby said:

You said worrying about a leased car being stolen or totaled was silly.  If it was silly you wouldn't need insurance, would you?

it is...much like being afraid of the dark or hit by lightning...especially given the fact Insurance is REQUIRED so why live in fear when its a moot point. Shit, if I lived in fear of everything Id never leave the house...but then again I could get robbed, or kidnapped...or worse yet...receive a warning my front yards need mowing from the HOA....absolute LAST thing that enters my head when buying a car is a phobia regarding theft....man are you and I wired differently. I never said Insurance is ill founded...just find an internal fear of theft odd...doesn't even cross my mind...

20 minutes ago, theoldwizard said:

Some new vehicles currently have "0% APR for well qualified customers".  I bought my 2016 Edge this way.  First car payment I have had in over 25 years !

This is a subject people need to spend more time researching, and not just trusting their dealer. When I bought my '19 Edge a few months ago, there were 5-6 different rebates/cash-back plans available to choose from. Since I was only taking financing to get the rebate, with the intention to pay off after 1-2 payments, there was a larger rebate available with plans that had a higher interest rate. Paid pennies in extra interest to get dollars back in rebate.

HRG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

This is a subject people need to spend more time researching, and not just trusting their dealer. When I bought my '19 Edge a few months ago, there were 5-6 different rebates/cash-back plans available to choose from. Since I was only taking financing to get the rebate, with the intention to pay off after 1-2 payments, there was a larger rebate available with plans that had a higher interest rate. Paid pennies in extra interest to get dollars back in rebate.

HRG

Exactly.  0% interest is the same as a rebate from Ford's perspective.  What they usually do is swap one for another.  E.g. today you might have a $3K rebate.  Tomorrow it might be 0% interest and $1K rebate.   Which one is better depends on your situation and how you're paying.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:31 AM, HotRunrGuy said:

HRG

we quite often tell cash buyers there are additional rebates if you only finance for a short time...interest on 3 or so payments is somewhat less than the $1000 rebate they get if they finance through Ford at regular rates...