Unknown Mule (most likely NG Edge)

44 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

NG Edge seems as good of a guess as any. 

The greenhouse plastic bits are exactly the same as the current Edge...so I'll go with NG Edge. The rear end is slightly interesting with the wheelwells being cut out like that-I wonder if its moving to the Explorer platform?

you'd think with a vehicle sitting there by itself like that that whoever took those would've taken a slew of photos.  I would've.

I remember years ago I saw 3 EcoSports (pre our version/refresh) randomly in a parking lot here in south Florida - I turned around, parked and hopped out and started taking pictures from lots of angles.

4 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I thought that the new CD6 platform also has a FWD derivative? Silvrsvt never mentioned RWD, just the Explorer "platform".

HRG

CD6 was designed to accommodate rear wheel drive, all wheel drive and front wheel drive derivatives using common components on a shared architecture.  

• silvrsvt changed the title to Unknown Mule (most likely NG Edge)

As far as I know CD6 is a one off - Explorer/Aviator as the sedan was killed off early and Mustang will just sit beside and share whatever parts it can, they’re not going to make a whole new Mustang, just heavy evolution.

All that happened when JH cut vehicle spending, FWD car/ Ute handled mostly under expanded C2 exceptions being subcompacts and fwd Transit custom in Europe, they’re different but share a lot of things under the skin 

Edited by jpd80
  • Sad 1