Car & Driver 2020 Explorer vs. Telluride Comparison

11 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Suspension tuning/smoothness is a preference

Ford's preference with suspension tuning on 2020 Explorer XLT apparently is to combine a busy ride with disconnected handling just like the previous generation Explorer.

The "unsettling discombobulation between the axles" Car and Driver described isn't a preference, it's an engineering flaw. The line workers at Chicago Assembly are not responsible for that.

Edited by rperez817

8 hours ago, rperez817 said:

The "unsettling discombobulation between the axles" Car and Driver described isn't a preference, it's an engineering flaw. The line workers at Chicago Assembly are not responsible for that.

So one source is gospel now to prove your point? Alrightly...

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

So one source is gospel now to prove your point? Alrightly...

Unfortunately this has been echoed by motortrend and consumer reports.  Also, those three sources are within top 5 for most used sources for car research as well.  Its just troubling that most new ford products come out with the same criticisms and ford not doing anything about it.  To me, They keep releasing their products unpolished or incomplete. The 2021 f150 should be coming out next yr, hopefully itll be more of a finished product upon debut.

13 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

Unfortunately this has been echoed by motortrend and consumer reports.  Also, those three sources are within top 5 for most used sources for car research as well.  Its just troubling that most new ford products come out with the same criticisms and ford not doing anything about it.  To me, They keep releasing their products unpolished or incomplete. The 2021 f150 should be coming out next yr, hopefully itll be more of a finished product upon debut.

But not to the same degree as what was quoted.   It's not great but it's probably not that bad either.

Well Hyundai/Kia have a pretty extraordinary ad campaign regarding their new utes. I can’t watch tv or drive down the road without seeing an ad for one or the other.

In contrast, I have seen very few Explorer ads, so I’m sure that isn’t helpful in putting the vehicle in front of people for their consideration.  I’ve seen a fair amount of the Korean duo on the road, more so than the Explorers. This will be interesting to see how this plays out.  

7 hours ago, tbone said:

Well Hyundai/Kia have a pretty extraordinary ad campaign regarding their new utes. I can’t watch tv or drive down the road without seeing an ad for one or the other.

In contrast, I have seen very few Explorer ads, so I’m sure that isn’t helpful in putting the vehicle in front of people for their consideration.  I’ve seen a fair amount of the Korean duo on the road, more so than the Explorers. This will be interesting to see how this plays out.  

That is kinda interesting-I can't use Facebook and not  see an Explorer ad for the past couple week, plus I see a shit ton of them on Sundays during football. I don't recall seeing an ad for the Telluride or Palaside, but I do see alot of them on the road, but I've seen more new Explorers then Rangers (which have been out longer) on the road in my area.

3 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

That is kinda interesting-I can't use Facebook and not  see an Explorer ad for the past couple week, plus I see a shit ton of them on Sundays during football. I don't recall seeing an ad for the Telluride or Palaside, but I do see alot of them on the road, but I've seen more new Explorers then Rangers (which have been out longer) on the road in my area.

Same here.   Explorer ad (which is awesome BTW) everywhere.

10 hours ago, tbone said:

Those two came out before Explorer, so they got ads before it.  I'm seeing that Explorer (the guy in the space suit) ad all over TV.

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

For reference, I’m in the Chicagoland area. Ironic, since this is the home of the Explorer. Perhaps purposeful on Hyundai’s part as a dig at Ford.