• Custom Search

chucky2

Did Ford Leadership intentionally make FordParts.com this bad?

The old FordParts.com before the current format was plagued by incorrect lookup values, but at least it was functionally usable.  This new FordParts.com, that they've had for probably 2 years now, is just flat out - horrible.  I'm wondering, for those that have used it (or, tried to use it), if anyone gets the idea that Ford Leadership (who MUST know how absolutely F'ing bad FP.com is, it is THAT bad) intentionally makes/allows the site to be that bad to push people to just direct deal with the stealerships?

Totally agree! It’s terrible.  You’d think it would be the ultimate place to find Ford parts.  Good luck using keywords to search.  Almost never comes back with what you’re looking for.  Or there’s 5 pages of almost related results to sift through. Ultimately still not finding what I need. I would use it WAY more than I do, if it wasn’t such crap.  I use rock auto because it always has what I need.  And I find it easily.  Plus they usually the have the Motorcraft brand part  too.  

2 hours ago, mnm said:

Totally agree! It’s terrible.  You’d think it would be the ultimate place to find Ford parts.  Good luck using keywords to search.  Almost never comes back with what you’re looking for.  Or there’s 5 pages of almost related results to sift through. Ultimately still not finding what I need. I would use it WAY more than I do, if it wasn’t such crap.  I use rock auto because it always has what I need.  And I find it easily.  Plus they usually the have the Motorcraft brand part  too.  

RockAuto is awesome. Motorcraft stuff is a lot of times cheaper than getting it from the dealer too even when factoring in shipping cost so that's an added bonus. 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:33 PM, chucky2 said:

The old FordParts.com before the current format was plagued by incorrect lookup values, but at least it was functionally usable.  This new FordParts.com, that they've had for probably 2 years now, is just flat out - horrible.  I'm wondering, for those that have used it (or, tried to use it), if anyone gets the idea that Ford Leadership (who MUST know how absolutely F'ing bad FP.com is, it is THAT bad) intentionally makes/allows the site to be that bad to push people to just direct deal with the stealerships?

On 10/9/2019 at 2:24 AM, mnm said:

What are you having difficulty looking up? Nomenclature is always an issue with the current catalogging system and from what I see with it, it is basically an online version of what the counter personnel use.