Did Ford Leadership intentionally make FordParts.com this bad?

The old FordParts.com before the current format was plagued by incorrect lookup values, but at least it was functionally usable.  This new FordParts.com, that they've had for probably 2 years now, is just flat out - horrible.  I'm wondering, for those that have used it (or, tried to use it), if anyone gets the idea that Ford Leadership (who MUST know how absolutely F'ing bad FP.com is, it is THAT bad) intentionally makes/allows the site to be that bad to push people to just direct deal with the stealerships?

Totally agree! It’s terrible.  You’d think it would be the ultimate place to find Ford parts.  Good luck using keywords to search.  Almost never comes back with what you’re looking for.  Or there’s 5 pages of almost related results to sift through. Ultimately still not finding what I need. I would use it WAY more than I do, if it wasn’t such crap.  I use rock auto because it always has what I need.  And I find it easily.  Plus they usually the have the Motorcraft brand part  too.  

2 hours ago, mnm said:

Totally agree! It’s terrible.  You’d think it would be the ultimate place to find Ford parts.  Good luck using keywords to search.  Almost never comes back with what you’re looking for.  Or there’s 5 pages of almost related results to sift through. Ultimately still not finding what I need. I would use it WAY more than I do, if it wasn’t such crap.  I use rock auto because it always has what I need.  And I find it easily.  Plus they usually the have the Motorcraft brand part  too.  

RockAuto is awesome. Motorcraft stuff is a lot of times cheaper than getting it from the dealer too even when factoring in shipping cost so that's an added bonus. 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:33 PM, chucky2 said:

The old FordParts.com before the current format was plagued by incorrect lookup values, but at least it was functionally usable.  This new FordParts.com, that they've had for probably 2 years now, is just flat out - horrible.  I'm wondering, for those that have used it (or, tried to use it), if anyone gets the idea that Ford Leadership (who MUST know how absolutely F'ing bad FP.com is, it is THAT bad) intentionally makes/allows the site to be that bad to push people to just direct deal with the stealerships?

On 10/9/2019 at 2:24 AM, mnm said:

What are you having difficulty looking up? Nomenclature is always an issue with the current catalogging system and from what I see with it, it is basically an online version of what the counter personnel use. 

• 2 months later...

Sorry that I abandoned my own thread.  The entire parts lookup on the current Ford Parts is problematic, they have references in non-US terminology, and I'll just stop there as I've had a longer post that crashed and don't feel like retyping.  What's even more crazy is, I just did an order from Tasca and you get better pricing through that than FP...I realize their an affiliate but gezus you'd think at least FP with 15% retiree benny would be cheaper than Tasca.  Plus Tasca at least has a working parts lookup system...I guess I shouldn't be too mad, I don't think I've had one correct experience with Ford IT - ever.  It's like they hire just rejects or something...

I found most Ford parts websites to be extremely over priced on shipping. I ordered some hood louvers for my 18 Mustang GT, and some parts sites wanted almost $50 to ship by ground! Keep in mind the package weight was 2 or 3 pounds. Should've been $15 tops. Cheapest one I found was $20 shipping. For $20, I can ship a 6 pound package anywhere in the US by Priority. They offer low prices, and make it up on shipping. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2019 at 9:05 AM, LSchicago said:

I found most Ford parts websites to be extremely over priced on shipping. I ordered some hood louvers for my 18 Mustang GT, and some parts sites wanted almost $50 to ship by ground! Keep in mind the package weight was 2 or 3 pounds. Should've been $15 tops. Cheapest one I found was $20 shipping. For $20, I can ship a 6 pound package anywhere in the US by Priority. They offer low prices, and make it up on shipping. 

It's not just weight, it's volume.  2lbs in a box the size of a large microwave takes up space.

There is "x" amount of space on a delivery truck.

US Mail operates differently than UPS, FedEx, SpeeDee, etc. Sometimes postal is lower but not always.

On 12/16/2019 at 6:57 PM, chucky2 said:

Sorry that I abandoned my own thread.  The entire parts lookup on the current Ford Parts is problematic, they have references in non-US terminology, and I'll just stop there as I've had a longer post that crashed and don't feel like retyping.  What's even more crazy is, I just did an order from Tasca and you get better pricing through that than FP...I realize their an affiliate but gezus you'd think at least FP with 15% retiree benny would be cheaper than Tasca.  Plus Tasca at least has a working parts lookup system...I guess I shouldn't be too mad, I don't think I've had one correct experience with Ford IT - ever.  It's like they hire just rejects or something...

I ordered one part from Tasca and it was a nightmare. After return shipping it cost me $12 to not get my part. 

I have given up on fordparts.com or any of their affiliates and just go to rock or Amazon. 

I received my first Tasca order this week.  Excellent service and packaging.   I ordered a car jack plus some small plastic parts, was worried about  damage to those small parts being in the same box as a steel jack but Tasca did an excellent job packing everything. I also received a larger discount then my local dealer offered.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:26 AM, MY93SHO said:

It's not just weight, it's volume.  2lbs in a box the size of a large microwave takes up space.

There is "x" amount of space on a delivery truck.

US Mail operates differently than UPS, FedEx, SpeeDee, etc. Sometimes postal is lower but not always.

This is a box less than 1 cubic foot. $50 ground for a small 2 pound package is highway robbery!