Black Label availability

Since my wife and I have been casually searching for a rig that might be even better (in a different way, interior quality and stereo plus possible BL material upgrades) than her current car - a 2017 FPace-S, it's come down to the Lincolns since the European equivalents are always $10k more for like features and we just don't like the design cues of the Audi's or BMW's, and Mercedes are just too expensive for like value. We absolutely don't care someone thinks a X-whatever or Q-whatever drives sportier because that's not what we're looking for. So the Nautilus is probably going to be the only car that has the right size for my wife, reserving judgement on a few things until we actually get to see and drive a Corsair.

So I'm fortunate to live close to a BL dealer. And luckily they actually have 2 identical (why would you order two identical cars with a polarizing Chrome Copper paint job??? - as well BOTH with the smaller 2.0 engine???). So anyway, we have got to see and feel the leather difference in the Nautilus and it's too bad that we hate the color - just not for us.

But that's the only 2 BL Nautilus we could find in the whole NW. Supposedly there's only 5 BL dealers on the whole west coast. I checked stock of Everett Lincoln and not as single BL Nautilus, and none at one dealer near SF, and then only 2 at another dealer further south. I find it odd that it's just about impossible to find a BL Nautilus or MKC anywhere on the entire west coast. It seems like all the BL cars they get are all Aviators and Navigators. So that means that perhaps anyone with any cash to burn ONLY wants to buy Aviators and Navigators? It's just my wife and I - why do all the dealers think we want a huge car (wife will NOT get a car bigger than a Nautilus) and want to pour that much more gas into it? I guess maybe they're going off of actual inquiries but it just seems implausible that no one wants a BL Nautilus. Even so, It's pretty amazing that if you do want a BL car, you have to be within 30 or 50 miles of the dealers to take advantage of any perks. Wow that leaves a lot of America uncovered and the chance of seeing a BL even on the road is going to be rare perhaps with so few in dealer showrooms. I mean you can't even find one on ebay or Cargurus. Maybe that's good for resale?

Unfortunately if you're the lucky second owner of a BL you don't get the perks even if you live next door to the BL dealer - that's not right in my book, warranty is transferable so why not perks? Seems like Lincoln is shooting themselves in the foot on that one...?

There are 55 in California, most near LA.

Dealers are independent businesses so the ones in the NW either have trouble selling them or think they won't sell so they don't stock them.   Lincoln can't force them to stock BLs.  You can order whatever you want - that's really the thrust of Black Label - custom order it the way you want it.  They even offer in home ordering.

1 hour ago, Deafsoundguy said:

Since my wife and I have been casually searching for a rig that might be even better (in a different way, interior quality and stereo plus possible BL material upgrades) than her current car - a 2017 FPace-S, it's come down to the Lincolns since the European equivalents are always $10k more for like features and we just don't like the design cues of the Audi's or BMW's, and Mercedes are just too expensive for like value. We absolutely don't care someone thinks a X-whatever or Q-whatever drives sportier because that's not what we're looking for. So the Nautilus is probably going to be the only car that has the right size for my wife, reserving judgement on a few things until we actually get to see and drive a Corsair.

So I'm fortunate to live close to a BL dealer. And luckily they actually have 2 identical (why would you order two identical cars with a polarizing Chrome Copper paint job??? - as well BOTH with the smaller 2.0 engine???). So anyway, we have got to see and feel the leather difference in the Nautilus and it's too bad that we hate the color - just not for us.

But that's the only 2 BL Nautilus we could find in the whole NW. Supposedly there's only 5 BL dealers on the whole west coast. I checked stock of Everett Lincoln and not as single BL Nautilus, and none at one dealer near SF, and then only 2 at another dealer further south. I find it odd that it's just about impossible to find a BL Nautilus or MKC anywhere on the entire west coast. It seems like all the BL cars they get are all Aviators and Navigators. So that means that perhaps anyone with any cash to burn ONLY wants to buy Aviators and Navigators? It's just my wife and I - why do all the dealers think we want a huge car (wife will NOT get a car bigger than a Nautilus) and want to pour that much more gas into it? I guess maybe they're going off of actual inquiries but it just seems implausible that no one wants a BL Nautilus. Even so, It's pretty amazing that if you do want a BL car, you have to be within 30 or 50 miles of the dealers to take advantage of any perks. Wow that leaves a lot of America uncovered and the chance of seeing a BL even on the road is going to be rare perhaps with so few in dealer showrooms. I mean you can't even find one on ebay or Cargurus. Maybe that's good for resale?

Unfortunately if you're the lucky second owner of a BL you don't get the perks even if you live next door to the BL dealer - that's not right in my book, warranty is transferable so why not perks? Seems like Lincoln is shooting themselves in the foot on that one...?

Hi Deafsoundguy. akirby hit the nail on the head. Most (but obviously not all) people who are going to spend more money on a Black Label vehicle want to order their vehicle exactly as they want. Like a custom tailored suit or dress, instead of off-the-rack. They do not want to buy one off the lot which may be close to what they want, has been test driven by others etc.  So some Black Label Dealers will stock a few while others won't. That choice is entirely up to their discretion and past experience with how stock/on the lot Black Labels sell/do not sell.

It is an effort to build an exclusive sub-brand (and for some, snob appeal) within Lincoln, for those willing to pay the entry fee for a certain amount of exclusivity: A " Dedicated Concierge", "Mobile Showroom", Home ordering, in Dealership studio w/private fitting room, exclusive colors and fabrics, unlimited washes, annual detailing etc.  And that is the same reason second (and subsequent) owners do not get the perks that the original buyer paid for.  Lincoln Warranty yes, but Black Label perks, no.

I for one have always factory ordered every car I have ever purchased, except my first one, which was given to me by my older brother when I got my license in 1976. It was give it to me or pay the junkyard $25 to tow it away. So he gave it to me. I still appreciated it, once I got it running again...lol.

But I digress. By factory ordering, I always get exactly what I want in color, options etc.  But of course, you need to plan ahead a little for the wait time, as opposed to walking in and saying "Give me that one". I highly recommend it for those who can plan ahead a bit.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with the Black Label policy, simply giving the information.  Hope it helps and good luck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

You could always ask if they have another dealer in their group and see if they can trade with another dealer that may have one you want if you find one at a different dealer further away.

There were only 2 within 500 miles of Seattle.   Hard to believe but true - I checked it myself. 

47 minutes ago, akirby said:

There were only 2 within 500 miles of Seattle.   Hard to believe but true - I checked it myself. 

Thats insane.

I think Lincoln needs more dealers.  Maybe with the stronger lineup now, we'll see them expand the dealership network.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, akirby said:

There are 55 in California, most near LA.

Dealers are independent businesses so the ones in the NW either have trouble selling them or think they won't sell so they don't stock them.   Lincoln can't force them to stock BLs.  You can order whatever you want - that's really the thrust of Black Label - custom order it the way you want it.  They even offer in home ordering.

If you need to have one this weekend, take the wife and fly down to Calif, and drive one home. Since your local dealer is a BL one, they should have no problem supporting your purchase.

Or, like was mentioned, order one to your exact spec.

HRG

Yeah I poked and prodded and all I can find is a total of 4 BL Nautilus on the entire west coast ?. 3 of the 4 are 2.0 engines and my leadfoot wife would never go with anything but the bigger engine because she's used to her supercharged FPace. Even so, it might be a hard sell because her FPace is still faster (but lacks the door quality and dash quality) but then again it's mostly all in her mind. The only built one that has the 2.7 is the black one, and last night she tells me that if she can't get red then maybe a white one but not black. So it's either locate a Reserve or custom order a BL to tickle her fancy. She had to wait 9 months for her FPace (as we were the first to order in the NW when the Jag configurator came online) so not only is it a hard sell to make her wait again, winter is approaching and waiting 12 weeks for a custom built may not work for us since it would leave us stranded without a AWD vehicle... yeah I know first world problem. Even if I was lucky enough to get my lovely wife to commit within the next few weeks I was told by a dealer it would probably be up to 12 weeks to actually get a custom ordered car, and that would put us into Jan which would suck weather-wise. So that's why I was seeing if I could find a built one with fly and drive back range but I don't think that's going to happen.

I am aware that it would be impossible to find one exactly how we would like it and finding a built one would come with features we'd never use like the tow package and roof rails or probably park assist either (I never used it on my i3). She wants to wait and drive a Corsair, but I know she'll think the materials aren't going to be up to a BL (of course) and I think she's not going to go for the lower front end either. Personally I really love the interior looks and specs of the Corsair but I too don't think the front end is up to the looks of the Nautilus. They shouldn't have messed with the headlights, the headlights on the Nautilus look better.

I'm the one pushing her to get a Lincoln and get out of the Jag while the resale is still good on the FPace. So right now just waiting for that Corsair to come in and then go from there.

The one thing that I really can't understand is finding so many dealers ordering the smaller engines and loading the cars up. If you're trying to sell a car why would keep putting packages on there and not choose the thing that so many people like, which is just overall power with the bigger engine? I can see some soccer mom maybe want to save a few bucks but following several other forums the vast majority can't stop lusting for the next more powerful option to come out. I did drive the 2.0 Nautilus and it's impressive for what it is, but I know my wife would never accept it. So now we wait for the Corsair so she can drive her FPace there, and then test compare the 2.7 Nautilus, then 2.3 Corsair, and then see what she wants to do.

Still can't understand why you can't get a red BL Nautilus - why? It's almost like they want to be my mom and worry that theme is going to clash!!! We would pick red and black interior with Thoroughbred theme...if only......

12 minutes ago, Deafsoundguy said:

The one thing that I really can't understand is finding so many dealers ordering the smaller engines and loading the cars up. If you're trying to sell a car why would keep putting packages on there and not choose the thing that so many people like, which is just overall power with the bigger engine? I can see some soccer mom maybe want to save a few bucks but following several other forums the vast majority can't stop lusting for the next more powerful option to come out.

Those forums aren't representative of the average buyers.  Most buyers find the 2.0LEB just fine and care more about options and amenities.  And dealers tend to stock what sells the best.

I guess so... On the FPace forums there's many a FPace owner who also have Corvettes or can't stop talking about the new one coming out. Also a lot of people getting the new FPace SVR, or talking about that's what they're going to get. Maybe there's a disproportionate number of FPace owners that are power freaks. I'm definitely NOT one of those people, but still, I drove the 2.0 and I would want more power, and know for sure my wife would. So for us it's the bigger engine or nothing...

The proof is in the puddin' though, if that's what they're ordering I guess that a smaller engine and saving a few bucks is what they've learned sells best. I don't get always having to pay for the tow package though, how many people tow things? I would always use a bigger vehicle if I truly need to tow something. Another head scratcher for me, but maybe there's a lot of people who actually use that. I NEVER see anyone with a nice car towing something around here... always pickups towing things or RV's of course...

19 hours ago, akirby said:

Not 2 dealers - 2 Black Label Nautilus in stock.

Yes, I understood.  I'm saying more dealers (especially BL dealers) would mean more BL models in stock.

I find it hard to believe there's only 4 BL Nautilii on the west coast.

1 hour ago, Deafsoundguy said:

Yeah I poked and prodded and all I can find is a total of 4 BL Nautilus on the entire west coast ?. 3 of the 4 are 2.0 engines and my leadfoot wife would never go with anything but the bigger engine because she's used to her supercharged FPace. Even so, it might be a hard sell because her FPace is still faster (but lacks the door quality and dash quality) but then again it's mostly all in her mind. The only built one that has the 2.7 is the black one, and last night she tells me that if she can't get red then maybe a white one but not black. So it's either locate a Reserve or custom order a BL to tickle her fancy. She had to wait 9 months for her FPace (as we were the first to order in the NW when the Jag configurator came online) so not only is it a hard sell to make her wait again, winter is approaching and waiting 12 weeks for a custom built may not work for us since it would leave us stranded without a AWD vehicle... yeah I know first world problem. Even if I was lucky enough to get my lovely wife to commit within the next few weeks I was told by a dealer it would probably be up to 12 weeks to actually get a custom ordered car, and that would put us into Jan which would suck weather-wise. So that's why I was seeing if I could find a built one with fly and drive back range but I don't think that's going to happen.

I am aware that it would be impossible to find one exactly how we would like it and finding a built one would come with features we'd never use like the tow package and roof rails or probably park assist either (I never used it on my i3). She wants to wait and drive a Corsair, but I know she'll think the materials aren't going to be up to a BL (of course) and I think she's not going to go for the lower front end either. Personally I really love the interior looks and specs of the Corsair but I too don't think the front end is up to the looks of the Nautilus. They shouldn't have messed with the headlights, the headlights on the Nautilus look better.

I'm the one pushing her to get a Lincoln and get out of the Jag while the resale is still good on the FPace. So right now just waiting for that Corsair to come in and then go from there.

The one thing that I really can't understand is finding so many dealers ordering the smaller engines and loading the cars up. If you're trying to sell a car why would keep putting packages on there and not choose the thing that so many people like, which is just overall power with the bigger engine? I can see some soccer mom maybe want to save a few bucks but following several other forums the vast majority can't stop lusting for the next more powerful option to come out. I did drive the 2.0 Nautilus and it's impressive for what it is, but I know my wife would never accept it. So now we wait for the Corsair so she can drive her FPace there, and then test compare the 2.7 Nautilus, then 2.3 Corsair, and then see what she wants to do.

Still can't understand why you can't get a red BL Nautilus - why? It's almost like they want to be my mom and worry that theme is going to clash!!! We would pick red and black interior with Thoroughbred theme...if only......

Hi Deafsoundguy. I am surprised they are telling you 12 weeks (or "up to 12 weeks"). Most factory orders take 6-8 weeks. Perhaps it is the Black Label trim order that will cause the extra month delay.

I would really recommend factory ordering. But again, that is only my personal preference.

Keep us updated, and good luck with whatever you decide.

So I called the Lincoln concierge after posting and the gal I got was really awesome and very helpful. First thing I said was that I was frustrated that I couldn't search for a car for any more than 100 miles from a dealer, and for me to have to dig up zip codes and dealers and then have to look was a real PITA. She did confirm that that's the only way you can do it if you're a mere mortal, other than going to a dealer or having the concierge do it (which they gladly will).  I also confirmed there was a very low number of BL Nautilus's anywhere near me ?. I gave her a short list build and she said there were plenty around so I decided to go the dealer and build one there and have him look. My lovely wife has now partially thrown in the towel and will possibly accept the tri-coat white instead of every getting a real red Nautilus so we found several white BL ones with the options we want and no tow package (why pay for it if you'll never ever use it?) within a respectable distance (under 1000 miles). Yes it will suck we'll have to pay to ship it, but at least it's something I can tell my wife, that there is a already built one waiting for us if she decides to make the jump from FPace to way nicer interior Nautilus. We both agree that the Jag wins the looks dept but can't keep up with the BL leather and door look. Plus, if we get a fully loaded BL then we also get the massaging seats, 360* camera and a stereo that sounds miles better than the base Meridian. Personally I love the Jag grill, but I like everything else about the Nautilus front end better (lights and bottom of front end). We will do whatever we have to, to blacken the grill out and powder coat the wheels too.

While building would be preferred and save the secondary shipping, we don't want to wait and get a car in the dead of winter when we may need the AWD capability. I think it would be worth it to pay the money and get a car that's already done and almost dead on what we want. One dealer said real world 12 weeks to be safe, the other said 10 weeks to be safe... I would think that after finally getting a deal going and getting on the list and all the internal machinations aside that 6 to 8 weeks to Portland seems like cutting it close....

But anyway, today I finally have convinced my wife to actually test drive the 2.7 so today's the true test for her leadfoot and  stoplight Gran Prix driving techniques. So we'll see. I spent a lot of last night reading about the Corsair and there's really a lot of respect from most reviewers for that car. I think any hard plastics are going to turn her off but then again, there's a lot in the Jag too so who knows. I'll know here in a few hours what the verdict is - can a sweet high-end Nautilus compare in it's own way to a FPace-S... ?. While yes it would be nice to know they'll come and get the car and all, it is nice to know we're just a few miles away from the BL dealer here in Portland should my wife want to go over the wall.

Thanks for all the posts locating more Nautilus's! ?

Edited by Deafsoundguy

Yeah flying there was definitely an option within 1000 miles, IF my lovely wife deemed the Nautilus could compare to the FPace-S, and we could find a built one to her liking! And so as mentioned yesterday, we went to the local (thank goodness I'm that lucky to live close to one) and the wife drove a 2.7 BL Nautilus!

So this whole time she's been really on the fence because she loves her Jag, and the look and power. Even though she's actually looked and sat in the BL she still has been on the fence. Trying to get her to test drive the Nautilus has been like pulling teeth! But I finally got her to do that. And here's the result - she came back with a big crap eating grin and 2 thumbs up!!! She was really impressed.

The power: She is used to the biggest engine FPace and although there was a hair of turbo lag, she was totally happy with the power and acceration - and that's in Comfort mode, not sport mode!

The ride : Totally blows away the FPace in ride quality but of course it's designed to be a supple ride so I understand that the FPace is designed to be more of a sports car and has to suffer with the stiffer ride to satisfy corner diving speed freaks. My wife thinks she drives like that but she doesn't. She was very impressed how it drove overall.

Soaking up bumps: Totally killer ride for dealing with road imperfections. This is really amazing because unless my lovely wife gave me 2 thumbs up, I would find it super hard to believe that a 21" wheel could give a great ride... Kudos to Lincoln.

Interior material quality: Well that's a given, the Thoroughbred theme tickles both our fancies and the leather quality is awesome and even more so the seats, of which she claimed were incredible and blow away the FPace seats, even though the Jag seats aren't bad by any means.

Stereo: well it's going to be obvious that the Ultima version is going to rock and will silence FOREVER her complaining about the car audio. I will win big on that.

Door look: Way nice, mainly because the leather is so good. I like the Aviator door better but she won't go down that bigger car road.

Tech: She will enjoy the 360* camera and suspect it will be something she can't live without in the future. I'm not sure if she'll ever use the Park Assist, or even the ACC but I know it adds to resale value.

I will say that I only gave this whole deal about a 50% chance and a weak one at that. But after test driving it she totally threw in towel and is onboard to get a BL Nautilus. She won't even consider the Corsair now (we still haven't seen one) solely for the fact that it does not have a BL tier model... yeah she's spoiled alright.

So today we're going down to order one and have decided to build one and wait, and get get exactly what she wants. We'll save some money and not get the tow package. I think we're going with just about everything else and going either Burgundy or White. I'm excited for the wife, I like seeing her happy and I might even get to drive it here and there...?

I'd like an opinion, what do the masses think of roof rails? Hit or miss? Adds a good look or takes away from the sleekness? What color makes the most sense for resale - Burgundy or Tri-coat White?

Thanks

Edited by Deafsoundguy
  • Like 1

When you ask about roof rails, you're meaning just the rails themselves?  Or the cross bars?

Personally, when I've seen MKXs or Nautilii without the rails, it looks like something is missing.

I'd also prefer to have them in the even that you might ever need/want to temporarily mount/use a roof rack for something.

Funny thing happened on the way to the forum.... the wife remembers that because she's short, it's way easier to use roof rails to grab onto and stand in a door frame to wash the upper parts of the car. So we were about to order a pre-built car out of L.A., but it didn't have rails and all of a sudden she HAD to have them. We looked at the with and without look, and I had to agree that it looks better with them. So that blew off any chance of getting a closer pre-built car. The next closest was in Louisiana and that would be a big shipping bill, and as well adds a towing package and the extra charge which we would never use. We've never mounted anything on a car roof in 36 years of being together so rails are look and car washing ease only...?

So we bit the bullet and ordered a 2020 BL White (Pristine White) Nautilus with everything but the tow package. There's crap for incentives when ordering a brand new model year which sucks, but still, any European car is going to $5000 to $10,000 more for like equipment. And we just don't like the styling of anything else out there especially Asian designs (uh cough.. Lexus SUV grill.. cough). When the second the car is on the way it will go right to a local wheel shop where we will Powder coat the wheels in gloss black! :dance:

There's no way it's going to be 6-8 weeks with the holidays coming on but I sure as heck hope I'm wrong. Hoping that it can be right about X-mas time and little elves will have chiseled a sweet looking tight lined car for us! ?

Oh I forgot! So while questioning the wisdom of placing the smaller 2.0 engine in BL models where you want it to be your top shelf car, apparently the folks at Lincoln now feel the same way. I was told that for MY 2020, the BL Nautilus will only be available with a 2.7. So there you have it. ?