Black Label availability

1 hour ago, Deafsoundguy said:

I appreciate the comment. It made me think of with or without chrome grill surround. Not a chrome hater, but I definitely don't like chrome wheels anymore. Our lame duck FPace had the ability for a full black out so we chose that. Our ordered Nautilus doesn't have that option unfortunately so as stated we're going to get the wheels coated first, then make up our mind on the grill. The picture of the navigator in their black package keeps the chrome surround. Personally I like it but either way is fine with me.

But, it's ultimately going to be the wife's choice. Since she can't visualize for nothin', and we changed from Burgundy to White, I had to make another modified pic giving her the choice of just a grill blackened and keep the chrome or go full black grill plus surround and emblem. I don't even know if they are able to be separated but I guess we'll see down the road. So I made these 2 pics with black wheels too and what seemed like stone tools and bearskins (ugh pixel by pixel ?) and she chose the Navigator look with keeping the chrome surround. I found that pretty interesting as our Jag grill is full black, I thought she'd stay with what she's used to.

Here's the 2 shots, plus Navigator again. I'd like to know what you guys think. Thanks to rmc523 for digging up the Navigator pic

Navigator.jpg

Nautilus 1.jpg

Nautilus 2.jpg

Aw, wish you'd have said something, I could've mocked up something for you.

On the second one, at mimimum the logo should stay chrome.

• Like 1

yes actually I did that (created a pic leaving the emblem) and accidentally blew it off. It takes so long to do that I just didn't have the patience to recreate keeping the chrome emblem. Wife says the same thing, she wants the emblem to stay in chrome.

BTW, the body shop says it's like a 4 hr job to get at the grill because they have to take off the bumper just to get at the grill. Sucks.... Then I'd have to leave the car at the body shop while I wait for the powder coating to be done. Enormous PITA. I don't think you can get anything behind the grill to mask off the radiator if one wanted to try and mask off the outer surround and emblem, and possibly try spraying plastic-dip on the grill itself in black (Pink on Mary K models...?). Don't know if it would stick to the satin finish though... may look cheesy, may come right off.

8 minutes ago, Deafsoundguy said:

yes actually I did that (created a pic leaving the emblem) and accidentally blew it off. It takes so long to do that I just didn't have the patience to recreate keeping the chrome emblem. Wife says the same thing, she wants the emblem to stay in chrome.

BTW, the body shop says it's like a 4 hr job to get at the grill because they have to take off the bumper just to get at the grill. Sucks.... Then I'd have to leave the car at the body shop while I wait for the powder coating to be done. Enormous PITA. I don't think you can get anything behind the grill to mask off the radiator if one wanted to try and mask off the outer surround and emblem, and possibly try spraying plastic-dip on the grill itself in black (Pink on Mary K models...?). Don't know if it would stick to the satin finish though... may look cheesy, may come right off.

I'll work on something tomorrow for you.

Thanks! I'm a digital hack newbie so I don't know how that can be done quickly as my mind works in 1989 Atari/Amiga bits. I think the Chrome emblem has to stay, the surround is still up in the air but I think she's going to keep that too, unless she wants the lower fog light chrome area vinyl blacked wrapped out.

here's another dead on front view grill change I did spotting out the chrome reflections... Really liking the black. The Nautilus look has really grown on me. At first I didn't even look at it but the more front end shots I saw of it I really started to love it, especially the headlight design, and lack of big bow-tie vents on the bottom left and right. Sick of that look like on a Acura.

Chrome grill.jpg

Front.jpg

28 minutes ago, Deafsoundguy said:

Wow that looks great. Thank you photomeister. Yeah dabbing those bright spots out is time I'll never get back ?.

I'm glad I didn't show my wife my hack job, I'm going to copy your pic and send her that this morning. Thanks :thumbsup:

No problem!  Let me know if you need any others.

Just 6 weeks ago, Witt Lincoln in San Diego had at least a dozen BL's on hand.  For a couple of weeks no change in the inventory, I contacted a Tucson BL dealer (New Mexico doesn't have a BL dealer) and Witt agreed to send one to Tucson at x-plan pricing but not the vin I asked for.  Did not pull the trigger on it for a number of reasons and worked out for the best bc it would not have enough cargo room for my travels.  My current Acadia just has enough so the smaller Nautilus just wouldn't work.  3 weeks later, no BL's on hand, amazing.

Did try the Aviator, loved it.  In person it doesn't look as large as the numbers would indicate.  The Dynamic Handling Package dropped it to a level where my mother could get into it without any trouble.  So my perfect Aviator BL is in Irvine CA, $85K ouch :)

Pic courtesy of rmc523

2020 Lincoln Aviator BL Chroma Caviar Dark Gray.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why in the shot provided, it shows a proud Black Label badge (on a Nautilus) but I don't see it on any BL cars for sale. Is that something you need to buy and stick on yourself?

I kinda like it, but wondering too if it looks like one is showing off one bought a higher end car... thoughts?

2019-Lincoln-Nautilus-badge-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Deafsoundguy said:

Does anyone know why in the shot provided, it shows a proud Black Label badge (on a Nautilus) but I don't see it on any BL cars for sale. Is that something you need to buy and stick on yourself?

I kinda like it, but wondering too if it looks like one is showing off one bought a higher end car... thoughts?

2019-Lincoln-Nautilus-badge-1.jpg

I think that is from a pre-production model. For whatever reason, Lincoln changed its Black Label badging with the arrival of the Nautilus. Now, the only exterior indications are the black (not silver) color of the Nautilus name on the two front sides, and the distinctive rim designs. 

Edited by Gurgeh

Personally I can't tell any difference by looking at either a Reserve or Black Label side on the Nautilus, the side Nautilus name looks the same to me. But yeah, the wheels kinda scream BL if you know anything about the cars, and deservedly illuminate a more expensive wheel option. My wife and I like the Lincoln wheels in general, She really likes the Reserve 20" and so do I. She likes those better than the 21" BL ones, but I had to point out that the 21" wheels definitely look more expensive and more upscale because of the obvious more machining that wheel would demand as well the increased size.

Regarding the badge, I Googled in "black label lincoln badge" and up came that little sucker at several places. Expensive little bastard at over $50... but I guess it's a small price to pay for the look if one desires. I'll leave it up to the picky wife to decide if we need the snobby embellishment..

16 minutes ago, Deafsoundguy said:

Personally I can't tell any difference by looking at either a Reserve or Black Label side on the Nautilus, the side Nautilus name looks the same to me. But yeah, the wheels kinda scream BL if you know anything about the cars, and deservedly illuminate a more expensive wheel option. My wife and I like the Lincoln wheels in general, She really likes the Reserve 20" and so do I. She likes those better than the 21" BL ones, but I had to point out that the 21" wheels definitely look more expensive and more upscale because of the obvious more machining that wheel would demand as well the increased size.

Regarding the badge, I Googled in "black label lincoln badge" and up came that little sucker at several places. Expensive little bastard at over $50... but I guess it's a small price to pay for the look if one desires. I'll leave it up to the picky wife to decide if we need the snobby embellishment..

The center of the "Nautilus" letters are black (with chrome outline) on BL models.  They used to do the same with the "LINCOLN" script on the back, but I don't know if they changed that.

25 minutes ago, Deafsoundguy said:

We ended up with the 21" fan blade Reserve wheels on our 2016 MKX.  While they look great, there are not a lot of tire choices.   I had to replace ours at 23K due to noise and OEM was basically the only choice.  I think there are a few more but not nearly as many as the 20".

I noticed today while killing time at the coffee shop that you can get the coveted (to me anyway) black monchromatic package for the Continental too! Available with the black only of course with the black paint in BL or even the Reserve trims....

Or you can get a white out grill with the white color...

WHat a great shot of the Continental! :flirt: Love it!!!

If only they offered this for the Nautilius... ?..... why not? Bums me out.

Black Continental.png