2020 Build Your Own - Come On Already!

Ford's has been up for about a week ... come on Lincoln! I want to get to building!

Been thinking about going with the White monochrome to get the factory black rims ... but then I would end up painting the grille and getting the black mirrors as well. Maybe cheaper to just powder coat the Reserve wheels and paint the grille black and call it good? I would really like to see the black rims in person before deciding. Sometimes I just consider going with an Expedition in the Stealth package.

• Thanks 1

It's finally up. I have some decisions to make. I used to say I liked the rims with the "Select" package best, especially if I was to powder coat black. Now they are the standard 22" rim for the Reserve while the 16 spoke that were standard on the Reserve prior are a +$995 option (the previous option rims for the Reserve are no longer available). Ideally I think I'd love the monochromatic rims, but I'd like the Pristine White exterior but don't want the white side mirrors or white grille that would come with the monochromatic package. The monochromatic package is $3495, but I'm thinking those rims as an accessory through the dealer alone are $2000-2500. Powder coating any of the rims would be $500-700.

You can add the monochromatic rims to the Black Label package for $995. I was planning on adding the black label badging to a Reserve for $500 anyhow. Then all I would have to do is black out the grille and all the chrome to get where I wanted, but then I'd have the Alpine interior versus the Dark Slate.

Damn, this is going to take some thinking ...

On 10/12/2019 at 11:11 AM, bcparker2 said:

The black rims on the monochrome package are sick. I saw one when I took mine in for an oil change. I personally wasn't a fan of the blacked out grill though.

That's good to hear ... did they just have them sitting around as an accessory already? They had a grille blacked out too? Are you sure you were looking at THE monochromatic package rims or maybe they just customized one and had it there?

21 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

That's good to hear ... did they just have them sitting around as an accessory already? They had a grille blacked out too? Are you sure you were looking at THE monochromatic package rims or maybe they just customized one and had it there?

I think they customized the grill, the rims and the badging match what is shown the build website as of today, but the grill I saw was blacked out.