The New IUAW ???

Decker

It`s like the replacement IUAW team figured out what the Reuther ideology was, is the tool they just found down in the bottom of their tool box (striking)  a sign of good things to come or the proof of being sold out by the last 3 or 4 IUAW administration? Hopefully both.

Moving forward is always better than getting screwed the same old way.......

Thanks FBI, DoL and IRS for the possibilities of paying for representation and getting what we have been paying for. One thing though the Palm Springs area will miss those 60 to 70 day conference stay`s by the Williams and Jones jetsetters. Sure there`s some Palm Spring`s Pro Shops seeing a hit to their bottom line too.

Well,hold on for a second.The portion of the original offer that was made public by GM was nothing to get excited about.What are we to believe now?That the IUAW is playing "hardball" ,because it forced the membership out on strike?ONLY IF,the final offer is better than what GM originally published.In the background of all this {as if we dont have enough stress} is the indictment of the top IUAW officials by the FBI and by the way,the FBI always has EVIDENCE in it`s corner before it acts.Strike for what?2% lump sum or wage increase for the next 4 years?$8,000 signing bonus,plus, lets add a little ,say $500,just to keep the bozo`s happy?A clear path towards permanent employment for the temps?Got news for ya,,,,the temps are valuable because they are trained/experienced and have proven themselves reliable.Auto factory jobs require more than just being a "dummy" besides what the media and union bashers say.A $10,000 signing bonus for all along with 2% wage increases PLUS 3% bonuses in alternating years along with a clear path for temps to be hired permanent along with NO change to health benefits.All that and maybe I will drop my insistence that Mary Barra swing around a pole to  the tune 'Funky Town',down at the union hall.

• Like 1

Actually fatso I am with you on the points you’re making but my point is it now seems IUAW is acting as if they’re taking steroids. With now having multiple strikes at the same time with different manufacturers. Mack went out this morning, Aramark and GM at the same time... rather different techniques than last four or five contract negotiations. 

Edited by Decker

I`m wondering what our IUAW leadership (second-string leadership) is trying to gain from these multiple strikes. 

With the latest MACK strike, this company has been talking about fewer shifts, and even had previously reported it would slow production in the fourth quarter.  What benefit does the IUAW gain by stopping production at a heavy truck producer that was looking to slow production? No work under a contract extension? hmm

In our IUAW release it said unresolved issues include wage increases, job security, COLA, wage progression, skilled trades, shift premium, holiday schedules, work schedules, health and safety, seniority, pension, 401(k), health care and prescription drug coverage, overtime, subcontracting and temporary and supplemental workers" was the reasons for the strike. What did the MACK people have in their current contract???

With the GM, Aramark and MACK strikes, is the IUAW trying to pull the rug out from under the employment growth, especially in key states like Michigan and Pennsylvania? TRUMPERDODER States?  Is the IUAW leadership consciously trying to slow the U.S. economy just ahead of the 2020 election? hmm

I`m not one for conspiracy theories but, the IUAW has had me asking myself and wondering about the weirdness and somewhat strange timing of these strikes…. 

After so many years of selling us the “it`s the best we could get” and the “ya`all should be thankful to just have jobs” type of negociations   :whistling:

then BAM…. STRIKE!!!! Yeah STRIKE!!!    :detective:  hmm why now?    then again, why not now? Sure building a case for the need of an IUAW INC..... see judge we do help the working peep`s  

Edited by Decker

The local union officers have been called into Detroit for a meeting on Thursday.Could be voting on a tentative contract,things are getting exciting! Remember Gary Jones,,,,,the Feds are paying close attention,so only 1 {maybe 2} free donuts along with all the free coffee you can drink!

Edited by Fatso

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 3:16 PM, Fatso said:

Well,hold on for a second.The portion of the original offer that was made public by GM was nothing to get excited about.What are we to believe now?That the IUAW is playing "hardball" ,because it forced the membership out on strike?ONLY IF,the final offer is better than what GM originally published.In the background of all this {as if we dont have enough stress} is the indictment of the top IUAW officials by the FBI and by the way,the FBI always has EVIDENCE in it`s corner before it acts.Strike for what?2% lump sum or wage increase for the next 4 years?$8,000 signing bonus,plus, lets add a little ,say $500,just to keep the bozo`s happy?A clear path towards permanent employment for the temps?Got news for ya,,,,the temps are valuable because they are trained/experienced and have proven themselves reliable.Auto factory jobs require more than just being a "dummy" besides what the media and union bashers say.A $10,000 signing bonus for all along with 2% wage increases PLUS 3% bonuses in alternating years along with a clear path for temps to be hired permanent along with NO change to health benefits.All that and maybe I will drop my insistence that Mary Barra swing around a pole to  the tune 'Funky Town',down at the union hall.

"All that and maybe I will drop my insistence that Mary Barra swing around a pole to  the tune 'Funky Town',down at the union hall". .....that would be a sight to see LOL

On 10/26/2019 at 10:18 AM, cecilmeyer said:

"All that and maybe I will drop my insistence that Mary Barra swing around a pole to  the tune 'Funky Town',down at the union hall". .....that would be a sight to see LOL

She`d make more $$$$ in tips in one day than I do for the whole year.