Lincoln in the Hackett/Falotico Era

A question for some of our insiders.... 

What is Lincoln's role and internal position like in the Hackett/Falotico era? Are they planning on pushing the brand aside like Mulally, or are they planning to continue to increased investment and return to relevance started under the leadership of Kumar Galhotra and Mark Fields? 

The news of a Rivian-based Lincoln crossover gives me hope that Ford is serious about investing in Lincoln again, but I was hoping that the insiders have some insight on the internal strategy for the brand. Lincoln is making many new brand-enthusiasts with vehicles like the Navigator, Aviator, and Corsair, and I hope to see that momentum continue. 

I'm far from a Ford/Lincoln insider but it looks like the commitment is continuing based on some of the recent decisions like promoting stand-alone Lincoln dealerships and with some of the no-compromise design decisions made for the Aviator and Corsair.

I'm wondering about new products though between now and the projected 2023 MY release (likely out in late calendar year 2022) of the "Nautilus-sized" BEV crossover. Is the redesign of the Nautilus itself still on track? What is going to be done about replacements for the sedans?

Ford will be having a lot of product coming out in the next couple of years for which we won't be seeing Lincoln counterparts (F150, Bronco, Baby Bronco, "Mustang-inspired" BEV, etc.).

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Like 1