BLACK LABEL.......STILLLLLLL WAITING!

prodigy07

Now don't get it twisted by my title. I ordered my Black Label in July and I want to make sure that my truck is in pristine condition when I get it, hell I'm paying enough for it. However, I'm really kinda just over it. I've tried not to be the guy that calls the dealer every day asking for an update, but I'm kinda running out of patience. When I actually call my dealer on my scheduled production day, all he can tell me is "oh yeah, looks like they pushed your date back AGAIN". I'm sorry, come again. What do you mean, sir? WHY?!?! I feel like he knows less information than some of the people in this forum, which is mind boggling. Anyway, I actually live in Chicago, maybe about 20 minutes from the plant, I'm tempted to go apply for a job and make my truck my damn self. Okay, sorry to be just venting, but I'm legit just over it. I'm not being sensitive to the folks who have been waiting way longer than me, but Jeez.

I don't meet the criteria to get updates from our "connect" in here and trust me this post isn't to get me there. For the folks like me, what are you guys doing to get more specific information about your truck.

Edited by prodigy07

As a previous first gen pre order customer.  First thing I do is not to get excited about delays and slips.  You say you want pristine, don't rush anything.  Delays, OOPS, recalls, are all part of first run products.  Year three is usually the time when you can count on a timeline, as long as there is not a Blizzard, Strike, Flood, Tornado, Fire or any other unplanned event.  Do you have a VIN?  Your Lincoln Concierge can see everything Cyber sees.  He should be able to see scheduled to week or if it is close, to the day.  You mention scheduled production day, what was your day and VIN?  If you were scheduled to day and it slipped, there would be a reason, commodity problem, or yours was selected for crash testing.  (Don't worry they have good tools and will fix it)  Just kidding, you'll get a new one.  

• Like 2

Thanks mustanghief, I completely understand. I'm new to the entire thing so when I was just baffled when my original production date of 9/23 kept getting pushed back.  Yes, I was given my VIN back in July and also my window sticker.  I'd reached out to the Concierge, but they advised they didn't have any of the production information and that I would have to reach out to my dealer.  Maybe I'm not calling the right Concierge - idk. I was pushed from 9/23 to 9/26 to 10/11 and now to 10/20.

How do I reach the Concierge? I'm guessing I'm going to the wrong place.

4 hours ago, prodigy07 said:

Thanks mustanghief, I completely understand. I'm new to the entire thing so when I was just baffled when my original production date of 9/23 kept getting pushed back.  Yes, I was given my VIN back in July and also my window sticker.  I'd reached out to the Concierge, but they advised they didn't have any of the production information and that I would have to reach out to my dealer.  Maybe I'm not calling the right Concierge - idk. I was pushed from 9/23 to 9/26 to 10/11 and now to 10/20.

Concierge is pretty much no help. I’m still waiting on my pre order from February. Complete on 7/15 and sitting in Chicago since then. No eta , nothing. Patients is all I can offer. 

7 hours ago, prodigy07 said:

(800) 521-4140

Also your Lincoln Sales Manager (not the sales guy, should be Lincoln trained)  I posted a photo of the CAP (Chicago Assembly Plant) production slide on another thread, it is taking longer than forecast to build Explorers and Aviators, plus they had to hold back about 10K of both for more inspections and recall fixes..  Your dates don't mesh either, production dates always start on Monday, the week before when the build sheets are sent to the factory a specific day is given.  Once you have a build to day such as 9/26 of the 9/23 build week the vehicle is built.  Your October dates don't line up.  The 20th is a Sunday.  I'll caveat that with if there is an issue with a commodity or paint color, it could slide.  I saw a lady on facebook complaining of orange peel.  They could have mixed a bad batch of a certain color, rather than stop the line, they just delay those being completed.  They have not scheduled any Aviators for three weeks now, could be they are behind, or building export models.  All of the internal production information is "Ford Secret" , easy way to lose a job is to publicize it.  Those reps you talk to, including your dealer are only able to see so much.  Those waiting on built units at FRAP have no idea when their SUV will be complete.  They all just show in production.  Yeah, it sucks not knowing.  I have a friend who watched my Mustang being built, took it to the prep facility, watched them put the transport cover on and take it to the RAMP, it was MIA 46 days and I was not happy, nothing I could do, and he could not find it in a sea of cars.  I just had to wait.