Owner.Lincoln.Com - Sync Update Page not responding

Anyone experience this where the update software page just gets stuck with the spinning circle (see picture)?  It never goes to the update available page, nor the no updates page, it just sits there spinning the circle.  The Ford owner site let me download the update just fine for my Expedition.  2nd question would be are the updates the same part number, could I just use my download for the '19 Expedition on the '17 MkC?

SpinningSync.thumb.jpg.04b81fe5dcb92808d4a897b74b031e8f.jpg

The website is difficult at times, you also need to go to another website to get the map updates (which are free for some vehicles) which is annoying. https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home and https://syncnavigation.com/lincoln/home

Ford should be releasing the the 3.4v software update soon to vehicles that can handle it as well, Still not sure if it will be an OTA, USB or dealer only update. Hopefully it will be done OTA.

30 minutes ago, akirby said:

owner.ford.com, of course!  I think syncmyride.com still works too but redirects you to owner.ford.com.

It shows 3.0 is the latest version - is that true?

---

Side note - the FordPass rewards - does anyone know how many points it takes to trade for things?  They say you have X amount of points and you can trade the points in on service or whatnot, but don't tell you it takes X points to get this, X points to get that, etc.

45 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

The website is difficult at times, you also need to go to another website to get the map updates (which are free for some vehicles) which is annoying. https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home and https://syncnavigation.com/lincoln/home

Ford should be releasing the the 3.4v software update soon to vehicles that can handle it as well, Still not sure if it will be an OTA, USB or dealer only update. Hopefully it will be done OTA.

Hmm.   I'm apparently eligible for a free nav update.  Guess I could do it.

That is the same issue that I've had since owning my car.  I was able to access that page only once to get an update.  Since then,  the SYNC page always shows the 'Loading' circle, which never goes away.  This occurs on my desktop, and two laptops, and using different browsers does not help.  

e6ytFyN.png

Luckily I do get update via wifi...

Edited by fusionff

26 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

It shows 3.0 is the latest version - is that true?

---

Side note - the FordPass rewards - does anyone know how many points it takes to trade for things?  They say you have X amount of points and you can trade the points in on service or whatnot, but don't tell you it takes X points to get this, X points to get that, etc.

I think 3.3 is the latest but that might not apply to all vehicles.

5 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Hm.  The Mustang is only a year old, I'd hope it could handle an update.  I turned on the auto updates just now, so I'll have to see if there's one available.

I thought I read that 3.3 was only applicable to Explorer/Aviator which has new hardware.

16 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Flying68. Just in reference to your second question concerning "...are the updates the same part number, could I just use my download for the '19 Expedition on the '17 MkC?": The answer is an emphatic no. Do not do it.

Thanks, was pretty sure they had different part numbers despite having the same version number.

My Expedition updated successfully through USB, but haven't been able to get the download yet for the MkC. Seems WiFi stopped working (I only had 1 update on the MkC where WiFi actually downloaded the update).

22 hours ago, fusionff said:

That is the same issue that I've had since owning my car.  I was able to access that page only once to get an update.  Since then,  the SYNC page always shows the 'Loading' circle, which never goes away.  This occurs on my desktop, and two laptops, and using different browsers does not help.  

e6ytFyN.png

Luckily I do get update via wifi...

This just started for me when the update became available for download. Ford needs to vastly improve their software reliability (web and ota/wifi).