2020 Ford Retiree Health Plan Options

Mark Kaczor

I saw this yesterday. I think it sucks! Going from no premium to $215 monthly and deductible doubled in one year.  This is how they care of their retirees for a long career. They have to pay the low life UAW with industry best medical and benefits. They always take away from salary employees and give to UAW employees. I usually lease 2 vehicles every 2  years. I am done with Ford motor company. My next vehicle may be a KIA. Glad I took lump sum buyout of pension. UAW is going to put all big 3 out of business soon. 

Huge increase for those of us retired salary. Many employers have totally eliminated retiree health care. Glad to get something. Surprised Ford moved it this quickly. I still think of my younger coworkers with no retiree health care, or pension for that matter. For myself, glad I only have one more year before being put in  Medicare. One political observation: Those who think "Medicare for all" means free health care had better check with any elders they know and get the true score.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 2:01 PM, WM1 said:

I saw this yesterday. I think it sucks! Going from no premium to $215 monthly and deductible doubled in one year.  This is how they care of their retirees for a long career. They have to pay the low life UAW with industry best medical and benefits. They always take away from salary employees and give to UAW employees. I usually lease 2 vehicles every 2  years. I am done with Ford motor company. My next vehicle may be a KIA. Glad I took lump sum buyout of pension. UAW is going to put all big 3 out of business soon. 

Take from salary to give to the UAW?? WTF are you talking about? What about how salary assholes get a bonus when they eliminate line workers jobs and pile that work onto other line workers? No its the GREEDY salary and management that will put the big 3 out of business. Funny I do not remember the UAW have a fleet of private jets and 20mil + salaries. Hey salary asshole its the factory workers that actually do the work while you sit on your ass bitching and get paid for it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

WOW! Obviously you were not one of salary golden childs that took a retirement option and then came back as a contractor making twice your pre-retirement $$... but it's low life UAW People bleeding the bank... You think any of the many harassment suits like Mr. Fowler's had any impact on Cost structure... his 16 M harassment suit.... no sure it was UAW... not 6.0 diesel claims, or CAP failed launches... yep UAW thats it

• 1 year later...

Wow, nothing like animosity and unhappiness toward people. Maybe lump sum payments are going to put them out of business!

Edited by Hard Driver
Addition