GM contract highlights

deflep1

$11,000 signing bonus for full time, $4,500 for temps. 3% raises in years two and four, 4% lump sum in first and third year. Elimination of second tier, in progression with more than 4 years get bumped up to top pay and everyone makes the same wage at the end of the new contract. Temps with 3 or more years start getting hired full time in January 2020. $1,000 added to personal savings plan for pension eligible workers. GM is offering a $60,000 buyout for up to 2,000 workers to retire by Feb 2020. We shall see how much of this is in the Ford offer...They should get a heavy YES vote with temps actually getting hired full time and second tier becoming all one tier!

15 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Where does it say in profession with more then 4 years get bumped to full pay? It’s showing a progression scale of a total of 8 years with raises in each year also a percentage bonus every other year.

They are now on a quicker timescale to max out at the $28 top in progression rate, then get a raise to match Legacy. I should have explained further that 7 year seniority workers get bumped to Legacy pay with their next raise, and 6 year workers jump to $28, then to $29 and then Legacy. They get contractual raises in Sept. and 52 week raises whenever their next service year starts. Everyone is on a quicker path to receive Legacy pay and it will depend on when their 52 week raises occur. We at Flat Rock have a ton of 2012 and 2013 employees, so most of them are going to top out within 18 months and catch up to Legacy rate when we all get the Sep 2020 3% raise.

Just now, deflep1 said:

They are now on a quicker timescale to max out at the $28 top in progression rate, then get a raise to match Legacy. I should have explained further that 7 year seniority workers get bumped to Legacy pay with their next raise, and 6 year workers jump to $28, then to $29 and then Legacy. They get contractual raises in Sept. and 52 week raises whenever their next service year starts. Everyone is on a quicker path to receive Legacy pay and it will depend on when their 52 week raises occur. We at Flat Rock have a ton of 2012 and 2013 employees, so most of them are going to top out within 18 months and catch up to Legacy rate when we all get the Sep 2020 3% raise.

Personal opinion, you should jump to whatever rate your service time says you should be at immediately upon ratification like it did in 2015. 

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Personal opinion, you should jump to whatever rate your service time says you should be at immediately upon ratification like it did in 2015. 

In progression should have gotten an extra raise upon contract signing, instead of a lump sum bonus to make the process even quicker. Bonuses are good, but raises are BETTER and permanent!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I have 4+ years in and it will still take me 8 years to reach top pay. Anyone with with less then one year in will take 4 years. That’s a no for me. 

Thats what I'm saying. For those of us with 4+ Years should immediately go to the top wage upon ratification. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, deflep1 said:

$11,000 signing bonus for full time, $4,500 for temps. 3% raises in years two and four, 4% lump sum in first and third year. Elimination of second tier, in progression with more than 4 years get bumped up to top pay and everyone makes the same wage at the end of the new contract. Temps with 3 or more years start getting hired full time in January 2020. $1,000 added to personal savings plan for pension eligible workers. GM is offering a $60,000 buyout for up to 2,000 workers to retire by Feb 2020. We shall see how much of this is in the Ford offer...They should get a heavy YES vote with temps actually getting hired full time and second tier becoming all one tier!

Last time Fords retirement offer was 70k. Gm's was 60k. GM also has a limited number 2000 for the retirement package. Ford  last contract made it available to all hourly and some skilled trades. If its 70k like last time Im gone.....Im gone no matter what LOL . Time to make way for the youngsters! The time period gives me chills. Be out starting Dec 31st. What a Christmas present!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by cecilmeyer
  • Like 1

If you’re in progression with between 5-8 years of service and vote yes on this contract you need your head examined. I got 7 years and was going to legacy rate next year anyway. Also to add insult they give Pension eligible employees $1000 for savings and nothing for in progression. ???

Edited by Ontopya
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cecilmeyer said:

Last time Fords retirement offer was 70k. Gm's was 60k. GM also has a limited number 2000 for the retirement package. Ford  last contract made it available to all hourly and some skilled trades. If its 70k like last time Im gone.....Im gone no matter what LOL . Time to make way for the youngsters! The time period gives me chills. Be out starting Dec 31st. What a Christmas present!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a minute now,Cecil.Did ya ever stop and think how are we gonna 'run' without ya!Slow down a second!

• Like 1

I don’t understand what these guys with 5-8 years in are complaining about. You work one more contract and get max pay. Were you guys not gonna keep working here? If you keep working you gonna get max pay. Where else are you gonna get what we get already? I got 7 in so I get the max next year and it’s not a problem. I don’t think people should say no to that. That’s my opinion anyway

It’s a slap in the face to someone who has time in the progression system for a new hire to be at the same rate of pay in 4 years in what will take us 8 (not counting the 7 years of temping ).  They should roll anyone over to top pay with 4+ years immediately period. That’s how it was in the 2015 agreement.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

It’s a slap in the face to someone who has time in the progression system for a new hire to be at the same rate of pay in 4 years in what will take us 8 (not counting the 7 years of temping ).

I gotta read that part again. But then you gotta ask yourself this: Are they gonna hire anyone else full time anyway ?