GM contract highlights

deflep1

WOW, the Canadian Workers get a better deal with UNIFOR representation.Just let me say this AND  ALSO a lot of backing of unions,from their government, along with society in general.USA citizens are  programmed to distrust, each other.Its a different atmosphere than Europe or Canada.Do you think majority of workers in the USA are gonna empathize with us,UAW workers?Besides after the CRA {Canada`s IRA} get their cut 150K will turn into 75K.

Edited by Fatso

2 hours ago, Decker said:

Welllll.... I might have missed it but I can`t see anything about it being said  $60K was good or ok, ididntdoit.

I said it wasn't enough and everyone jumps on the company brown nose and make excuses for GM to only offer that little. 

We deserve a better offer. Ford would benefit by offering a reasonable offer, 75k last contract was weak anything less would be offensive.

27 minutes ago, Ididntdoit said:

I said it wasn't enough and everyone jumps on the company brown nose and make excuses for GM to only offer that little. 

We deserve a better offer. Ford would benefit by offering a reasonable offer, 75k last contract was weak anything less would be offensive.

Call everybody who has a different idea about whats fair any name you want.I would NOT be willing to strike over the Holidays for extra  buyout $$$$$ if Ford offers any buyouts at all,they will set a dollar amount , they think will get them the reduction in force that the company wishes to obtain.I "feel" hungry and horny but thats just me all the time!

Edited by Fatso

7 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

they make a weak offer and ya'll like we're lucky to get that, who's side are you on? 

not looking for a million dollar payday but I would like a respectable offer for the years put in.

im not on your side! thats for sure.

respectable offer?   how about good wages/benefits while u are at work ?  guess u overlooked that ?  the sense of entitlement is screaming.

its your own fault if u cant manage money they already gave u.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, dark270 said:

respectable offer?   how about good wages/benefits while u are at work ?  guess u overlooked that ?  the sense of entitlement is screaming.

I would be willing to go on strike IF the company does not do something for the Temps and the lower tiers and I am not one of them.Then I would be making a positive contribution for future UAW workers.Somebody in the past did it for me.Lets be hopeful and wish that its good contract for all and it includes $130,000 buyouts!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dark270 said:

I didn't over look anything, I'm just saying GM's VSP package is weak I hope Ford does better.

That has nothing to do with how I manage my money, nothing to do with my thoughts on the rest of their contract.

If you're one of those with 9 yrs or less you would want them to make me an offer so it advances you on the seniority list. One less legacy to worry about bumping you off a job.

I want my offer yes I do feel entitled to it. I want to sell off my pension I want complete separation from UAW and Ford, whats wrong with that?

you going to miss me? can't live without me? does me wanting to retire early effect anyone else in a negative manner?

to me reasonable would be 85-100k, but if they tossed in a pension buyout I'd consider less. Hopefully before IL raises state taxes again.

Ford wants to restructure, I'm offering my 24yrs plus pension so they have more money to give to lower seniority, everyone gets a 2 cent raise and I get an exit out of the circus.

1 hour ago, Ididntdoit said:

I didn't over look anything, I'm just saying GM's VSP package is weak I hope Ford does better.

That has nothing to do with how I manage my money, nothing to do with my thoughts on the rest of their contract.

If you're one of those with 9 yrs or less you would want them to make me an offer so it advances you on the seniority list. One less legacy to worry about bumping you off a job.

I want my offer yes I do feel entitled to it. I want to sell off my pension I want complete separation from UAW and Ford, whats wrong with that?

you going to miss me? can't live without me? does me wanting to retire early effect anyone else in a negative manner?

to me reasonable would be 85-100k, but if they tossed in a pension buyout I'd consider less. Hopefully before IL raises state taxes again.

Ford wants to restructure, I'm offering my 24yrs plus pension so they have more money to give to lower seniority, everyone gets a 2 cent raise and I get an exit out of the circus.

LOL  i have 25 years in, so i don't care about u or ur situation.  just because u have put some time in DOESN'T entitle u to any buyout.  if u don't think what the contract offers is good, then vote no, as for me, if they present something like GM, it will get a yes vote from me.  time will tell, i don't expect ford to offer 120k (or even 75k)buyouts, those days are long gone. guess u missed out?  i wont miss u, u can be assured of that.  u wont see a pension buyout either.   so get back to work.

7 hours ago, Fatso said:

I would be willing to go on strike IF the company does not do something for the Temps and the lower tiers and I am not one of them.Then I would be making a positive contribution for future UAW workers.Somebody in the past did it for me.Lets be hopeful and wish that its good contract for all and it includes $130,000 buyouts!

no strike at ford, our contract is already 95% done with a few tweaks from what gm got and we are good to go  as i said in previous post, u wont see buyouts except on certain plants, and no 130k,  maybe 60k   MAYBE.   those days are long gone,  guess u missed out too ?  so sad!, LMAO

we will get a good contract similar to GM, and its good!  

Edited by dark270
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dark270 said:

LOL  i have 25 years in, so i don't care about u or ur situation.  just because u have put some time in DOESN'T entitle u to any buyout.  if u don't think what the contract offers is good, then vote no, as for me, if they present something like GM, it will get a yes vote from me.  time will tell, i don't expect ford to offer 120k (or even 75k)buyouts, those days are long gone. guess u missed out?  i wont miss u, u can be assured of that.  u wont see a pension buyout either.   so get back to work.

oh you're one of those...but I know you do care or you wouldn't of wasted your worthless 2 cents to comment. 

this GM template is a joke of a contract like 2015, pacify temps add a lil sugar and you'll fall for it. 

highlights look great gimme that sign on bonus, 6 months later the look on your face when you finally have someone with reading comprehension skills explain the fine print to you will be almost worth sticking around another 4 to see.

1 hour ago, Ididntdoit said:

oh you're one of those...but I know you do care or you wouldn't of wasted your worthless 2 cents to comment. 

this GM template is a joke of a contract like 2015, pacify temps add a lil sugar and you'll fall for it. 

highlights look great gimme that sign on bonus, 6 months later the look on your face when you finally have someone with reading comprehension skills explain the fine print to you will be almost worth sticking around another 4 to see.

WAH WAH WAH,  -sound of someone crying,  no i dont give a hoot.   someone missed the buyout boat, and CRYING now.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!   as someone earlier said. 

now, get ur ass back to the line.

I hear people say the GM contract is bad but then they dont tell me how or why they just walk away upset.The only downfall I see with it is the 3 plants that are closing but those workers have been offered jobs at other plants or buyouts.Of course I dont know every detail.GM got an 11K signing bonus,3% raises,4% bonuses.All production workers make the same after 4 years.The pension participants get 1K and trades gets 1K tooling allowance every 2 years.I think the exact same offer by Ford would pass,easily.Buyouts at Ford?Who knows?They have stopped making sedans and terminated thousands of salary workers,so maybe they need fewer people.A buyout really only works if you are already,ready to go,then its icing on the cake.Unless you have 40+ or you are at a plant that is closing,you can apply but,you may not get the buyout.Once taxes eat into that buyout,"Youre RICH",IRS,it may be less than you expect.Someones gotta pay for government spending or did any of you fall for that "FREE" bullcrap?

Edited by Fatso

Family within GM say there's no limit on amount of temps, they screw over those part time temps and they don't get wage increases over time like they do now.

Main reason most of them went on strike was to help save the lordstown plant, and to kill off this tier system but this contract creates a tier system within the temps.

11k signing bonus after you take off about 5k for wages lost during strike and another 2-3k in profit sharing loss due to the strike leaving 3-4k for taxes, not a real big win but it prevents a huge loss. 

the wage increase compared to cost of living inflation is weak 3-4% especially if you work in a plant that's in a city like Chicago where both city and state tax everything and I mean everything. 

VSP package 60k only works for those 55+ with almost 30yr anyone else would be giving up to much.

Ford is in a different position, more workers less plants. Which is why I expect there to be a Ford version of a VSP package hopefully a better offer.

Ford would love this template for temps, I don't see Ford giving that big of a signing bonus.

The wage increase wouldn't be much different then 2015 but it's more then what we got the 3 contracts prior to that so.

I'm 50/50 with what GM offered, mostly because I'm ready to go. But seeing how Lordstown is gone, and how the use of temps is worded I think GM workers just wasted over a month of picketing. Strike wasn't a win yet. Still have to see it ratified, and to be honest I think it will with a tainted vote.

2 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

Family within GM say there's no limit on amount of temps, they screw over those part time temps and they don't get wage increases over time like they do now.

Main reason most of them went on strike was to help save the lordstown plant, and to kill off this tier system but this contract creates a tier system within the temps.

11k signing bonus after you take off about 5k for wages lost during strike and another 2-3k in profit sharing loss due to the strike leaving 3-4k for taxes, not a real big win but it prevents a huge loss. 

the wage increase compared to cost of living inflation is weak 3-4% especially if you work in a plant that's in a city like Chicago where both city and state tax everything and I mean everything. 

VSP package 60k only works for those 55+ with almost 30yr anyone else would be giving up to much.

Ford is in a different position, more workers less plants. Which is why I expect there to be a Ford version of a VSP package hopefully a better offer.

Ford would love this template for temps, I don't see Ford giving that big of a signing bonus.

The wage increase wouldn't be much different then 2015 but it's more then what we got the 3 contracts prior to that so.

I'm 50/50 with what GM offered, mostly because I'm ready to go. But seeing how Lordstown is gone, and how the use of temps is worded I think GM workers just wasted over a month of picketing. Strike wasn't a win yet. Still have to see it ratified, and to be honest I think it will with a tainted vote.

so many issues with your posts, most of it is FALSE

YOU may think contract offer is bad, but others dont think that way

ford needs it employees  so no need for expensive buyout offers, DUH

ford is not in a different position.  gm will pass their contract, but not with tainted vote whatever that means.

man u are just disgruntled or what ?

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

How the hell do you figure that?

I didn't figure anything I'm just going by what bowling green and wentzville family in GM are telling me after they've seen more details

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Even when you take out the profit sharing pull ahead, Ford still had the biggest signing bonus in 2015 ($8,500 vs $8000 from GM). 

If they match it great, hell anything over 5k would be more then what GM gets after being on strike for over a month. 

2 minutes ago, dark270 said:

so many issues with your posts, most of it is FALSE

YOU may think contract offer is bad, but others dont think that way

ford needs it employees  so no need for expensive buyout offers, DUH

ford is not in a different position.  gm will pass their contract, but not with tainted vote whatever that means.

man u are just disgruntled or what ?

For a small fee I'll explain it to you, other then that I can't help you with reading comprehension 

9 minutes ago, Ididntdoit said:

For a small fee I'll explain it to you, other then that I can't help you with reading comprehension 

no thx, i dont want to hear from ppl that have a challenge seeing reality and have a decent IQ.

no buyout except for 30+ crowd, u heard it here , when ford contract is release and its similar to GM, i take 60k  'i was wrong'  LMAO

18 hours ago, dark270 said:

With someone with 25 years you know better about the buyouts. They will never stop until all or most legacy are gone. Why would Ford want some legacy person staying making more money, adding to their defined pension and better benefits all the way around. They can hire someone new for 1/3 of the cost. Plus the Union takes over legacy workers medical. That alone is 20k a year. I have over 30 years the buyouts have been happening for a least 15 years I know of. They will never stop till Legacy workers are gone. They will run us all out after a another contract or two.

Edited by cecilmeyer

@Ididntdoit,you lost me with the reasons why the GM contract is a bad deal.I read that after 4 years all production will make the same.What is it now?Is that an improvement?The 3 plants that are closing are the only negative I see and is it in anyone`s best interest to see the company make bad business decisions?Buyouts?The timing has to be perfect and you have to be a good candidate for the buyout and then you cross your fingers cuz you would be surprised how many of your fellow employees have 40 years plus and they eat first,like it or not.An employee with 25 years who expects Ford to buy them out and on top of that,grant 5 years seniority for time NOT worked?Okay,it is like $53 a month in pension for every year worked so 5 times 53 = 263 dollars extra-unearned-every month of your life?And why?Figure you may live 30 years collecting a Ford pension?Do you realize what you are asking for,in dollar terms?The answer under that scenario= $94,680.Maybe if your plant is closing and the IUAW plays hardball.Only time I might have put in for a buyout,I wasnt really ready to go and only 2 people got the buyout anyways and they both had 40+ years and maybe they took home $26,000.Turned out I was right in stayin {not that I could have gotten a buyout anyways}because i needed the healthcare and Ford Motor, company provided ,healthcare ROCKS!There is always Plan B= keep drawing a paycheck.From the company point of view and our paychecks say FORD not UAW an experienced,proven reliable,trained,acclimated employee is a valuable asset.The company will never say how much they need us but they do need us.Right now the questions are, will GM workers vote yes and which company is the next target.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 8:07 PM, Ididntdoit said:

Please spread this glorious message around the entire auto industry. You would think all high seniority guys would want to get out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cecilmeyer said:

With someone with 25 years you know better about the buyouts. They will never stop until all or most legacy are gone. Why would Ford want some legacy person staying making more money, adding to their defined pension and better benefits all the way around. They can hire someone new for 1/3 of the cost. Plus the Union takes over legacy workers medical. That alone is 20k a year. I have over 30 years the buyouts have been happening for a least 15 years I know of. They will never stop till Legacy workers are gone. They will run us all out after a another contract or two.

for the exact reason, they need employees,  half the rate of absenteeism and ppl getting fired and just dont show up, is at 50% with the new hires, even greater at some plants.   buyouts only go back to 2005,  that was first contract with them written into it. at least on major lvl.  they cant/wont continue.  the era of that is gone.....sure they may have a few on this one, maybe to top 1%  based on company sen.   so ppl with 40 years might do it...otherwise u wont see them.  just like GM contract, FYI     the other crap in your post, just wont happen.

Edited by dark270
  • Like 1