GM contract highlights

deflep1

I read an article in the news about the difficulty Ford is having with the New Explorer launch.I guess CAP has problems like "Roving groups of workers are intimidating other employees,creating a hostile environment".JIM HACKETT knew this before he invested billions into CAP.WEAK MANAGEMENT and a lousy workforce=$$$ lost and eventually the plant will close.The same thing happened with Fords Plant that assembled the LTD,decades ago.JIM HACKETT is over his head.So "roving groups",you mean like,GANGS of employees are slashing tires and messing with others property and sabotaging the product launch?Fan-FUCKING {go ahead suspend me}-Tastic.I always noticed how totally unprofessional the majority of Ford salaried managers are,they are mostly narcissistic and just turn into the leaders of cliques,handing out deals or punishment.Ford lower level managers,most I have run into,have no administrative skills whatsoever.I am sure the majority of the workforce would not mind the gangs getting broke-up, because people like to feel safe at work.Ford`s bottom line is also our financial security.No wonder 'ididntdoit' wants a buyout so bad,I dont blame him.Ford management is to blame for this disaster!Customers decide all our fates!Customers want quality!

Edited by Fatso

2 hours ago, Fatso said:

I read an article in the news about the difficulty Ford is having with the New Explorer launch.I guess CAP has problems like "Roving groups of workers are intimidating other employees,creating a hostile environment".JIM HACKETT knew this before he invested billions into CAP.WEAK MANAGEMENT and a lousy workforce=$$$ lost and eventually the plant will close.The same thing happened with Fords Plant that assembled the LTD,decades ago.JIM HACKETT is over his head.So "roving groups",you mean like,GANGS of employees are slashing tires and messing with others property and sabotaging the product launch?Fan-FUCKING {go ahead suspend me}-Tastic.I always noticed how totally unprofessional the majority of Ford salaried managers are,they are mostly narcissistic and just turn into the leaders of cliques,handing out deals or punishment.Ford lower level managers,most I have run into,have no administrative skills whatsoever.I am sure the majority of the workforce would not mind the gangs getting broke-up, because people like to feel safe at work.Ford`s bottom line is also our financial security.No wonder 'ididntdoit' wants a buyout so bad,I dont blame him.Ford management is to blame for this disaster!Customers decide all our fates!Customers want quality!

the "Roving groups" is our local chairman and his 2345 cousins, but I honestly don't see them as intimidating just really annoying and disappointing. 

The management pick and choose who they enforce zero tolerance on, there's no union reps available to back members who are being written up for stupid things.

A lot of power tripping managers that are  causing more issues with their bad judgment calls pushing to get those numbers.

Some workers get revenge for being fired, last major layoff they vandalized the line causing millions in damage.

Hell yes this is why I want out, I could go on and on with the good bad and ugly of CAP.

But I want to retire, so I'll save it for my best seller book. Titled " I DIDN'T DO IT..... but I was there."

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ididntdoit said:

the "Roving groups" is our local chairman and his 2345 cousins, but I honestly don't see them as intimidating just really annoying and disappointing. 

The management pick and choose who they enforce zero tolerance on, there's no union reps available to back members who are being written up for stupid things.

A lot of power tripping managers that are  causing more issues with their bad judgment calls pushing to get those numbers.

Some workers get revenge for being fired, last major layoff they vandalized the line causing millions in damage.

Hell yes this is why I want out, I could go on and on with the good bad and ugly of CAP.

But I want to retire, so I'll save it for my best seller book. Titled " I DIDN'T DO IT..... but I was there."

Good Luck to you,no one should have to fear for their safety or get bullied at work either by fellow workers,the union or managers.Hey I was reading  an analyst opinion, that Ford may offer buyouts to lower the amount of legacy employees.We wont know with certainty whats gonna happen until its our turn at the plate.Shame of it ,is the fact that many good people living in the USA, would love a chance to have one of those Ford jobs at CAP.

Edited by Fatso

18 hours ago, dark270 said:

for the exact reason, they need employees,  half the rate of absenteeism and ppl getting fired and just dont show up, is at 50% with the new hires, even greater at some plants.   buyouts only go back to 2005,  that was first contract with them written into it. at least on major lvl.  they cant/wont continue.  the era of that is gone.....sure they may have a few on this one, maybe to top 1%  based on company sen.   so ppl with 40 years might do it...otherwise u wont see them.  just like GM contract, FYI     the other crap in your post, just wont happen.

You sure you are not salary LOL? People not showing up? What else is new? Been that way since I hired in. You are wrong about the GM contract. Its 2000 hourly plus the people at the plants being shutdown that is many workers,at least 5600. Plus over half of the buyouts last contract at Ford went unused. We will see but my bet is you are wrong on many of the things you have said. Why would they give 40 year plus people buyouts? It is pretty obvious they are not leaving for any kind of buyout since they had at least 4 contracts to do so.

On 10/19/2019 at 9:30 PM, dark270 said:

LOL  i have 25 years in, so i don't care about u or ur situation.  just because u have put some time in DOESN'T entitle u to any buyout.  if u don't think what the contract offers is good, then vote no, as for me, if they present something like GM, it will get a yes vote from me.  time will tell, i don't expect ford to offer 120k (or even 75k)buyouts, those days are long gone. guess u missed out?  i wont miss u, u can be assured of that.  u wont see a pension buyout either.   so get back to work.

"Labor observers said key to making a contract deal work for the other two companies will require looking at the small print and how to slow down the growth of labor costs, which could mean incentives for older more costly workers to retire so that they’re replaced by cheaper labor, and other strategies".  A quote from Freep just like I told you. You sure you have been an auto worker for 25 years?

You got those old Free Press papers out of the bottom of your tool box again,  Cecil?  come on labor observers really..... lets see sometimes the less than accurate free press uses oh lets say a labor expert references at times too.  You do know the free press labor expert or observer is don`t you? here`s a clue "you all should be just thankful yous got a job"

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cecilmeyer said:

You sure you are not salary LOL? People not showing up? What else is new? Been that way since I hired in. You are wrong about the GM contract. Its 2000 hourly plus the people at the plants being shutdown that is many workers,at least 5600. Plus over half of the buyouts last contract at Ford went unused. We will see but my bet is you are wrong on many of the things you have said. Why would they give 40 year plus people buyouts? It is pretty obvious they are not leaving for any kind of buyout since they had at least 4 contracts to do so.

yeah im sure im not salary,  are you?    and just where does it say that in the GM contract?  i've read the white book and it doesn't say those numbers are seperated like that!  and numbers i saw on the last contract, ppl were TURNED AWAY from the buyout, one of my old plant had 300 ppl sign up and they only gave buyouts to 35 ppl(company sen.)  so ur wrong on that . out fo 35 ppl the min to get a buyout was 40 years,  duh.   (top 35 ppl)

16 hours ago, cecilmeyer said:

"Labor observers said key to making a contract deal work for the other two companies will require looking at the small print and how to slow down the growth of labor costs, which could mean incentives for older more costly workers to retire so that they’re replaced by cheaper labor, and other strategies".  A quote from Freep just like I told you. You sure you have been an auto worker for 25 years?

yup, and the free press is always right, and never gets it wrong?  (they are wrong more then they are right) LMAO   u sure u are ford employee?  posting in the employee section. i know i am. and yes 25 years in.

and u will see little if any buyouts this contract.  FYI, just like GM  or less.

Edited by dark270
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 12:25 PM, dark270 said:

yeah im sure im not salary,  are you?    and just where does it say that in the GM contract?  i've read the white book and it doesn't say those numbers are seperated like that!  and numbers i saw on the last contract, ppl were TURNED AWAY from the buyout, one of my old plant had 300 ppl sign up and they only gave buyouts to 35 ppl(company sen.)  so ur wrong on that . out fo 35 ppl the min to get a buyout was 40 years,  duh.   (top 35 ppl)

I am not salary but you act like one on this forum. Looks like you are just a hater because you do not have enough time for a buyout package LOL. Wrong last buyout nobody in production was turned down only skilled trades not production. Are you always a wise ass know it all?

On 10/22/2019 at 12:25 PM, dark270 said:

READ THE HIGHLIGHTS the numbers are separated. The workers at the plants closing are getting more 75k versus 60k.

On 10/22/2019 at 12:30 PM, dark270 said:

yup, and the free press is always right, and never gets it wrong?  (they are wrong more then they are right) LMAO   u sure u are ford employee?  posting in the employee section. i know i am. and yes 25 years in.

and u will see little if any buyouts this contract.  FYI, just like GM  or less.

We will see very shortly.

7 hours ago, cecilmeyer said:

I am not salary but you act like one on this forum. Looks like you are just a hater because you do not have enough time for a buyout package LOL. Wrong last buyout nobody in production was turned down only skilled trades not production. Are you always a wise ass know it all?

are u stupid?  u were wrong and i pointed that out, u didn't say skilled/unskilled  u just made a general statement that was WRONG.  and yes we will see soon enough, and u will be wrong a second time!(that i know of)

Edited by dark270
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/17/2019 at 3:55 PM, deflep1 said:

They are now on a quicker timescale to max out at the $28 top in progression rate, then get a raise to match Legacy. I should have explained further that 7 year seniority workers get bumped to Legacy pay with their next raise, and 6 year workers jump to $28, then to $29 and then Legacy. They get contractual raises in Sept. and 52 week raises whenever their next service year starts. Everyone is on a quicker path to receive Legacy pay and it will depend on when their 52 week raises occur. We at Flat Rock have a ton of 2012 and 2013 employees, so most of them are going to top out within 18 months and catch up to Legacy rate when we all get the Sep 2020 3% raise.

They are not on a quicker scale. 

They already put in 4-6 years. Page 86 of their TA also shows a still in place 8 year progression. 

Anyone hired after ratification is still on an 8 year path. 

They said some temps with 3 years of fulltime temps will be converted. That does not apply to flex temps that can work 30-50 hours a week. Only those classified as fulltime temporary. It also does not specify how many they have to convert.

GM's offer is garbage.