GM contract highlights

deflep1

14 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Thats what I'm saying. For those of us with 4+ Years should immediately go to the top wage upon ratification. 

That's unfortunately the trade off for eliminating the second tier. The company saves money by paying workers less for longer. The endgame is one tier and one pay scale. Newer workers will benefit from it quicker (a $7 an hour raise in their 4th year! WOW), but 4+ year workers will still work longer to top out. I think that's why they increased the signing bonus. They didn't want to take the $7 an hour hit now, but were okay taking the hit in 2023. It's not fair that some workers will work 8 years to top out, while new hires will top out in 4. Maybe the UAW should try to get those Ford workers who are effected by that a bonus for each extra year worked at the lower wage, or a contribution made into their 401k's for their extra time. It could help get a YES vote from them, because that will be a sticking point for those workers. The company only cares about getting a 51% approval, but the union could at least ask to try to make it right.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Does anyone know if you can send a ratification bonus into tesphe?

Dont see why not,I was maxed out in 15 so dont know for sure.go to your myfordbenefits,then find area where you can allocate bonuses. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

60k early retirement isn't enough, hopefully Ford has a better offer 

If Ford has any offer at all.Keep in mind that GM is closing 3 plants.That will save GM $$$ and lessen the need for manpower.Not sure what Ford`s manpower needs are but we are about to find out.Also keep in mind that GM is a wealthier company than Ford.I hope our final contract will be as rich but Ford is not GM.

Ford met there needs in the last few incentive offers. Fords numbers for any incentive to retire most likely will be close to GM`s (2000 production & 60 skilled)  or no incentive at all. Ford made that happen back years ago when doing the closing thingy that GM had to hold of on, till now.

2000 production people getting $60K for a system wide incentive is most likely going to be met with more slot`s than takers. That was the case a few Ford offers back when the incentive went down to $50K.

So many were just slightly upset when I showed them what Ford can legally do to a lump some incentive payment. But some of the faces and remarks after the incentive check was posted to their banks was, well lets just say real interesting. Those less than happy retirees back then were really made aware of the deduction process when the incentive was $100K. Can you imagine the smiley faces when a $60K incentive is posted at the bank for about... $42K? 

Give me my $11K and lumps... I`ll retire when I am good and ready. Till then cha ching every Friday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

ford is not GM blah blah blah, my 6th contract and I just figured that out.

60k for an early retirement with any of the big 3 is a joke.

on strike for 32 days and they need another week to vote? wtf else they got to do that they need another week to ratify?

Then ,keep drawing a paycheck and getting raises and bonuses and vacation days and paid holidays, and better healthcare!Looks like in the GM Contract, the majority of the buyouts are going to be from plants that are closing.Its all based on manpower needs.Going into the contract,many thought that 1st tier production employees would be bought out, so 2nd tier employees would have no one around,to be jealous of anymore and then be satisfied with getting paid less.I dont know what Fords plan is but we will soon find out.Right now its looking like the buyouts for my trade is,,,,,,,,want some more overtime!I am hoping for a buyout too.Once again,these are the highlights from the General Motors Contract,we work for Ford.results may vary.We can all hope,cant we?

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

GM doesn't have the amount of legacy Ford does, if Ford already met their needs we wouldn't be hearing the words restructuring.

60k isn't a reasonable offer, it's cheap and offensive. Toss in a pension buyout then maybe. Maybe you don't feel you're worth more but I do.

Besides it's make room for CAP to hire and train more hi-lo drivers to scrap all those cars paint keeps screwing up. 

But still a freaking week to vote? COME ON!!!!! it's not like anyone of them are working they could all be voting this weekend and see the "NO" result on monday cause without Lordstown they wasted a 32 day strike in my book.

9 minutes ago, Ididntdoit said:

GM doesn't have the amount of legacy Ford does, if Ford already met their needs we wouldn't be hearing the words restructuring.

60k isn't a reasonable offer, it's cheap and offensive. Toss in a pension buyout then maybe. Maybe you don't feel you're worth more but I do.

Besides it's make room for CAP to hire and train more hi-lo drivers to scrap all those cars paint keeps screwing up. 

But still a freaking week to vote? COME ON!!!!! it's not like anyone of them are working they could all be voting this weekend and see the "NO" result on monday cause without Lordstown they wasted a 32 day strike in my book.

not gonna happen! but i guess u can dream,  LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ididntdoit said:

I am in a different classification than you.I hope for a buyout BUT I understand that there is only so much $$ to go around and I dont expect the contract to be tailored to suit me personally.As far as what Ford means when they use the term "restructuring" we will soon find out.Ford is not making sedans anymore and you would think that would mean they need fewer employees but I dont know.In the meantime,we can all hope.Man,that GM contract was $Rich$.6 figure buyouts and getting credit for years of seniority, that you didnt work,sound great but consider it the icing on the cake and dont count on it happening.Good-Luck

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

GM gets to pick the 2000 incentive slots. From the complete GM system. Remember Ididntdoit this is business nothing more or less, filling incentive slots will come from the facilities that are closing, that is where the picks will start. As for "60" trades incentive slots that in it`s self was just for the closing facilities because of the shortage of trades in general.

We here in our CAP paradise will most likely never see a chance at any incentive slots, if Ford offers any? There hasn`t been a time in the last 20 years that we here at CAP have seen any extra trades members and can`t seem to ever have enough trades on hand so that alone most likely will stop that door from opening.

Then the list of first, second of third pagers (seniority listing) is no ware near full of people ready to go. For $60K :lol2: 

I mean really there will always be people who are ready and willing to take a kick to say by-bye with a little extra check but really $60K that is nuttin, ididntdoit. The old long hair (decker) has walked by what 3 or 4 incentives and all more of a passing thought than $60K so in my eye`s I can`t see becoming a once a month kinda person...not just yet. I`m a firm believer in... take it, if it fits.

Hey speakin of our trades... ever wonder what happens when PM isn`t done on new (any) automation equipment? All those pretty units made on the last couple of shifts put the questions about PM from our trades front and center of discussion. The answer I keep hearing from our decision makers is  "we don`t need no stinkin PM work on new equipment" Okeedoekee then roll ummmm :hat_tip:

Edited by Decker

I am not sure what is happening with quality at CAP,what is the 'root cause' of the problem.Ford is oriented more towards,mass production.As far as new equipment,the trades are rarely offered training EXCEPT for maybe a select few who work on the installation.Its, "Go Figure it Out", when its "down",from management.Well technology keeps getting more and more complicated and journeymen tradespeople are NOT Thomas Edison,Albert Einstein,Neil Armstrong,Elon Musk etc.etc.I dont think any of them would show up at all hours,put on coveralls,eat stink and get paid $35 an hour.The management at the plants do get $$$$ for training but they often use it for something else.I have seen this happen first hand.When serious problems do arise, management points figures and gets angry.

Edited by Fatso

12 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

if you don't feel you're worth more then 60k early retirement then you deserve this union.

I'm still pist I have to wait another week for GM to vote NO.

LMAO, i never said that, ofc we are worth more, just keep waiting for that million dollar buyout!

or just keep working till u die!

• Like 1

Welllll.... I might have missed it but I can`t see anything about it being said  $60K was good or ok, ididntdoit.

If in general, your plant is closing and you had planned on retirement in the near future then the $60K would be a nice parting gift. If in general your plant is closing and you have family reasons not too or just don`t want to transfer then $60K might help those members.    "if it fit`s... take it"

I will say I don`t think there`s going to be much if any retirement incentives with the Ford agreement. As for the retirement fund buy outs, it look`s like Ford has a handle on the funds scheduled payments and the economy isn't at a point Ford needs to delay scheduled payments so that being in place Ford isn`t really pressed to reduce the fund or dissolve it to cut looses.  Our $900K payday is (IMO) on hold for now....

21 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

if you don't feel you're worth more then 60k early retirement then you deserve this union.

I'm still pist I have to wait another week for GM to vote NO.

Its not about what anybody "feels" we are talking economics.The company doesnt care how we "feel".The company has manpower needs and only so much $$$$ to offer to settle the contract.The UAW is obligated to represent ALL of its members.The union addressed some major concerns.So,you want the contract $$$ to go to employees who are leaving the company by retiring and less for the younger,lower seniority workers who will remain active?Lets see,I am a negotiator for the IUAW and I will tell the lower tier workers and temps,"All the $$$ is going to buyouts,you guys stay the same".Does that sound fair?Buyouts are not  automatic.As for "feelings",you dont have to take the buyout.Instead of taking the buyout,"feel",wanted and needed which you are,you got a job ,with 200 hours of paid leave + all the company paid holidays,good health care!Besides Ididntdoit,how are we gonna 'run' without ya!!!!!! Once again,we are commenting on GM`s contract,Ford may not offer any buyouts.PRISONER {insert social security number}CAP----clang!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

As far as the GM US contract here`s a little something to stir your feelings ididntdoit.

GM is closing plants in the US and with the help of their business partner IUAW INC, they have arranged to soften the hardships of an action like the closing of any plant. The contract the business partners came up with has done just that. With the different incentives and benefits build into the contract the US - UAW members would feel some relief from the hardship of the closings. Plus there is one thing that is not front and center in the discussions about the contract and that is relocation. As problematic as it can and will be and very inconvenient to all involved with any relocation the fact is almost all current GM employee`s can stay GM employee`s. Yet, in another GM facility.

Why I stated "US" - UAW members is because GM does a different kinda dance north of the border with their Canadian facilities. Same corporation different team sitting across the table, UNIFOR.  Here`s where the feelings come into play....

It`s a lengthy post but some may not be aware of the GM closing`s in Canada.  Getting to the article may be an issue. I tried to link it here and just not that computer intelligent, yet. So I`ll defiantly piss a few off because it is long but the article shows how the same corporation and a different partner at the table can do things much differently then down south of the border.

The article was released in May of this year.   

https://canada.autonews.com/automakers/gm-oshawa-workers-could-get-150k-vehicle-voucher-retire

or

https://driving.ca/chevrolet/auto-news/gm-plant/gm-outlines-retirement-packages-for-workers-at-closing-oshawa-plant

Hmmm it may have worked....

Edited by Decker