GM contract highlights

deflep1

Temp this and temp that.... get back to work and

get it over with and deposit my $11K :lurk:we gotta get back to the Gary Jones stories in the papers

besides I got me a 1977 shovel FLH bobber I just picked up soooo show me the money :hat_tip:

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, dark270 said:

are u stupid?  u were wrong and i pointed that out, u didn't say skilled/unskilled  u just made a general statement that was WRONG.  and yes we will see soon enough, and u will be wrong a second time!(that i know of)

No I was not wrong and I have learned something ....you are a real  arrogant asshole

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 11:50 AM, Ididntdoit said:

Family within GM say there's no limit on amount of temps, they screw over those part time temps and they don't get wage increases over time like they do now.

Main reason most of them went on strike was to help save the lordstown plant, and to kill off this tier system but this contract creates a tier system within the temps.

11k signing bonus after you take off about 5k for wages lost during strike and another 2-3k in profit sharing loss due to the strike leaving 3-4k for taxes, not a real big win but it prevents a huge loss. 

the wage increase compared to cost of living inflation is weak 3-4% especially if you work in a plant that's in a city like Chicago where both city and state tax everything and I mean everything. 

VSP package 60k only works for those 55+ with almost 30yr anyone else would be giving up to much.

Ford is in a different position, more workers less plants. Which is why I expect there to be a Ford version of a VSP package hopefully a better offer.

Ford would love this template for temps, I don't see Ford giving that big of a signing bonus.

The wage increase wouldn't be much different then 2015 but it's more then what we got the 3 contracts prior to that so.

I'm 50/50 with what GM offered, mostly because I'm ready to go. But seeing how Lordstown is gone, and how the use of temps is worded I think GM workers just wasted over a month of picketing. Strike wasn't a win yet. Still have to see it ratified, and to be honest I think it will with a tainted vote.

well, ford didnt offer a better offer did they,? It was the same exact one that GM had, someone told u that.......