CAP employees

silvrsvt

Sorry the intrusion, but have you seen this? Seems like complete BS

Roving groups of workers are intimidating other employees, creating a hostile environment, the people said. That’s driving up turnover and leaving some vehicle assembly unfinished, contributing to the company having to complete the work at the Michigan factory or at dealerships, the people said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-21/ford-botches-explorer-launch-putting-ceo-back-on-the-hot-seat

• Like 1

Thanks silvrsvt but yes its going around like wild fire here.

As for the launch, welp from the beginning with all the inexperience from those corner offices/designer suites/Dearborn Fast Tracker peep`s and along with the plant relying on so many inexperienced people making the big decisions with their response to so many of the questions being asked with "Heck Fire you just rollin out 2 count`em 2 SUV`s.... son"  (<----with a Michigan accent) But never understanding the concept of so many different model`s and all the possibilities of different content. Then of course roll in all the helper`s.... there for a while resurfacing I94 was stopped just to get all the Michigan helpers here. Does anyone remember how Ontario`s launch went? Their here too.  So it`s a mess but we will get errr done

Then remember we here at CAP had the Hacksaw come by and spend a skinny minute here (making sure the tables and chairs all came from his company (Steelcase) ) but realizing very quickly this place he thought he could talk into a better situation, well wasn`t.... Bye Bye

The roving bands of intimidators is really just the undercover EEOC peep`s but their gone....   :lurk:where`s my $11K....       let the rumors begin

Edited by Decker

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Sorry the intrusion, but have you seen this? Seems like complete BS

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-21/ford-botches-explorer-launch-putting-ceo-back-on-the-hot-seat

I smell an excuse to shut CAP. And please tell just how much Ford needs CAP and how Chicago has Air rail and water infrastructure so they will never close CAP. I say this as a transfer from a plant that would never close LOL

Just now, fuzzymoomoo said:

I had a chance to bid to come to CAP for a month to do something driving a hi-lo. I couldn't say no fast enough and this kind of stuff is why. 

Unless you need the job to finish out your retirement stay where you are. You will regret it if you come here. I came from St Louis Assembly. This place is terrible and I have been here about 16 years. Just waiting on this contract then I am GOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, cecilmeyer said:

Unless you need the job to finish out your retirement stay where you are. You will regret it if you come here. I came from St Louis Assembly. This place is terrible and I have been here about 16 years. Just waiting on this contract then I am GOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was only a temporary 4 week thing 

I hear from ex workers of CAP that gangs are present inside of the plant.I hear that the neighborhood where the plant is located in is a high crime area.The gangs get connected with the union and management,that is where the power lies.The pot of gold is controlled by the person filling out the time sheets,assigning work and enforcing the rules.I have been told by ex-employees of CAP that Zero Tolerance is arbitrarily and capriciously enforced.Any rules that are arbitrarily and capriciously enforced are not respected.The person I talked to said to me that some of the employees of CAP are ex-felons and may become violent if upset just because they dont care.The person I talked to,has witnessed physical violence inside of the CAP.Jim Hackett made the decision to invest a billion dollars into this plant  and needs to take the reponsibility.Who hires?Who is suppose to be in charge of running the plant?Weak management and gangs disrupting the atmosphere = close the plant=lose $$$$.I gotta say it.Call me whatever.The first thing I would recommend is a Time Audit and any supervisor padding the payroll for favored employees faces disciplinary action.Then I would suggest busting up all the cliques by scattering the supervisors around to all new areas of the plant. Yes,I have been around a long time and I have witnessed thousands of deals handed out by low level supervisors as they see fit.After all this approach is easier for the supervisor than say,supervising, and there could be a little kick-back in it for them.I can understand rewarding someone who goes above and beyond from time to time as a motivational tool,but giving that power to low level managers,things can quickly get out of hand and things at CAP appear to have gotten out of hand.Lastly let the union know that the contract will be equally enforced and that means it doesnt matter, if the  guilty employee is your cousin or not. Zero Tolerance means Zero Tolerance and applies to every single employee hourly and salary and union officials.Come on,female employees {from what I hear}dont feel safe using the restrooms?Where is the morality?Of course the company and the union already know everything I just wrote and they dont care or they are unable.There is a serious problem,Mr.Hackett ,you are getting played and the company is getting stolen from.Mr.Hackett you invested a billion dollars into a plant with chronic problems.Mr.Ford,,,,,time to notice.Customers pay $35,000 up to $100,000 to buy a vehicle and they have many choices in a competitive industry.Good Luck if you work there,stay safe.

Edited by Fatso

It was those damn St. Louis people and their Ferguson effect that's cursed CAP. ☺️

yes Fatso, everything you have heard I confirm. 

You can't really pin point the problem because it's all of it, you can't just fire a few cancerous employees because it's more then one shift worth.

They've replaced bad management with more bad management, and the local screwed up so much the company runs them it's the only way they would have jobs. But I'll be honest I trust the management more then our local.

How can a sexual harasser and a violent drunk who assaults members able to hold their job and union position?

the union went to bat for them to keep their jobs but ignored the victims of the harassment and violent attack even though they won their cases in court both the union and company still protect them. And there are still law suits pending.

"They're not going to lay anyone off at CAP you're just fear mongering" "Every plant has their issues, stop complaining and be lucky you have a job" when you see something and you say something that's the response I got.

Now that it's in the headlines of a dozen news articles maybe just maybe someone will investigate, it was such an issue the state pass a house resolution to investigate last year.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=783&GAID=14&GA=100&DocTypeID=HR&LegID=109092&SessionID=91

Now I know for a fact not all these harassment cases were true , and some cases are still pending some just haven't been exposed due to fear of retaliation. 

And that new equipment that was easily installed within 30 days can be removed and installed somewhere else just as fast, but why would they since they control the union and they get tax exemptions for hiring the ankle bracelet wearing cousins of our union leaders.

It's a mess that's been brewing for awhile and needs attention, too many wrongs in one spot.

• Like 1

ex employee`s giving up info on gang intel..... really. Free Presser quotes about roving bands... what the fuc? The plant sits smack dab in the south and east side of one of the biggest cities in the mid west with every organization working their gig 24 - 7 and it`s a revelation that by chance there may be a few certain tatts shown or a hat worn a certain way ... really? what kinda hot off the press is that shit.

Basically the major issues with CAP is the same issues we`ve had for 44 years, the Ford managers way of lets make a deal. If you do this I`ll do that.... it`s applied to everything from day`s off to Hummers. Then the next level of managers that look the other way when the JPH is hitting what they have been tellin the bigger shots they can get. Then the opportunity to look good to the bigger shots by chewing the entry level managers ass for doing what they told the entry level managers to do.

In the last two years we have been given help from every laid off facility in the system, help from former managers that thought they got away from their fixit tour, a heard of contracted fixers to the people with make believe degree`s that... can`t seem to make their liberal arts masters degree`s work to fix what they said they could. Then roll in the master game player that play those fixers every step of the way. Of course the level of fear rolled into the mix from the "I" can`t offend anyone or look twice at anyone or did I raise my voice type of managing.

In my old ass opinion its not just CAP that`s wacked.... it`s the old saying "You Can`t "FIX" Stupid...with Stupid"

Edited by Decker

On 10/24/2019 at 2:51 PM, Decker said:

ex employee`s giving up info on gang intel..... really. Free Presser quotes about roving bands... what the fuc? The plant sits smack dab in the south and east side of one of the biggest cities in the mid west with every organization working their gig 24 - 7 and it`s a revelation that by chance there may be a few certain tatts shown or a hat worn a certain way ... really? what kinda hot off the press is that shit.

Basically the major issues with CAP is the same issues we`ve had for 44 years, the Ford managers way of lets make a deal. If you do this I`ll do that.... it`s applied to everything from day`s off to Hummers. Then the next level of managers that look the other way when the JPH is hitting what they have been tellin the bigger shots they can get. Then the opportunity to look good to the bigger shots by chewing the entry level managers ass for doing what they told the entry level managers to do.

In the last two years we have been given help from every laid off facility in the system, help from former managers that thought they got away from their fixit tour, a heard of contracted fixers to the people with make believe degree`s that... can`t seem to make their liberal arts masters degree`s work to fix what they said they could. Then roll in the master game player that play those fixers every step of the way. Of course the level of fear rolled into the mix from the "I" can`t offend anyone or look twice at anyone or did I raise my voice type of managing.

In my old ass opinion its not just CAP that`s wacked.... it`s the old saying "You Can`t "FIX" Stupid...with Stupid"

How does anybody know anything then?For 'crying out loud' the media has picked up on "roving groups of employees" causing difficulty with the launch.WTF?Decker in the plant I am currently employed,I see workers giving it their 'best shot'.Surprisingly,Ford Management at the plant is professional.You would be surprised how much more effort you get out of an employee once that individual is treated fairly.Yes,it was an ex-employee of CAP who gave me that information,I have never been there.The cause of my distress is,,,,,,if CAP is such a SCREW UP,then why is anybody at another plant even trying?The success of Ford Motor Company is all of ours meal ticket.CAP is an assembly plant for cryin out loud.Where is productivity  more critical than inside of a vehicle assembly plant?The botched launch at CAP is having a ripple effect.I follow stocks and even in this era of QE ,$1,000,000,000{ I thought Ford invested around that much in CAP} is a LOT of money.We work for Ford Motor not Google or Apple or Microsoft.It is not 1960 it is 2019.Jim Hackett should be held personally responsible.A correct major decision,like the launch of a major, money making vehicle, is why the the CEO gets paid enormously.The new explorers are being transported to Flat Rock Michigan for repairs?In all fairness the root cause of the problem may be with management and engineering,I dont have any firsthand knowledge.It just dont look good.I am sure there are many good hourly employees at CAP.Good-Luck.

Edited by Fatso
  • Thanks 1

We at CAP have a minority of hourly and salaried members that have very respectable work ethics. Members of both groups go beyond their listed obligations to get their tasks done as complete, correct and with as much quality as they can. The key word, minority.

Do we have at CAP those that play the system... Medical, FMLA and the I didn`t now I was supposed to come to work everyday syndrome.... yes.  It is a majority of both hourly and salaried members.

The key word majority.

Now roll both the minority and majority into one of the largest launch's at CAP, ever. Mix in the fact that CAP never achieved a sustainable process prior to the launch and the fictional data that those in the glass house got from CAP and based their full speed a head orders. While blending these ingredients toss in few less than experienced decision makers from VO, Plant Engineering and just a touch of fast trackers. Now before you throw one of the highest ordered cookies Ford has into the oven don`t.... validate anything. Just put the cookies in the oven without testing the cookie parts, without making sure the cookie fit on the cookie sheets or even check if the cookies will stay in the ovens long enough. No No No don`t waste any time cause.... we got these orders for these cookies. Besides CAP has been baking these "same" (so it`s been said)  cookies for how long, it will be a piece of cake....

Fatso greed got CAP where it`s at currently and greed will keep the doors open. Greed has put CAP in this same situation multiple times in the past with other models, nope we learn nothing from the past.

Yep... One Billion and counting, their spending money at a rate that would have made my Mom pass out....

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

The  ultimate responsibility for whatever the problem is at CAP lies with management.Know that there is a ripple effect taking place as a result of transporting explorers to Flat Rock Mi. to be repaired.Two steps forward,one step back,kinda thing.In all fairness the main responsibility lies with Jim Hackett CEO and his merry band of engineers.Maybe they all got "hummers" from the gangs?Excuse me "roving bands of employees" is what I meant to say.Superior intellects ,in control of the situation, who will have things straightened out,,,,,,,eventually.

Edited by Fatso
  • Haha 1