Baby Bronco body in white leaked!

19 minutes ago, wildosvt said:

Not much to see of the front. Just substrate stuff. Ive got multiple pics of it sent to me. Luckliy better shots than what leaked so far.

Tease!

14 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm not so sure about that. I was under the impression the new F-150 was going to be in production by the time NAIAS came along. 

Hm.  Sounds like NAIAS will be a dud for Ford then, barring a surprise product.

8 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Sounds logical to me.  Showing baby Bronco there would: 1) only distract from Mach E, and 2) confuse people - "that's the Bronco??".    Showing baby Bronco and Bronco simultaneously - while it will spread coverage of the models individually - will give a unified clear image/show a clear plan, which hasn't always been the case under Hackett.

While Ford made a clear denial about showing the Bronco in November, it wasn't clear if that included a no-show for the "baby".  It would seem like inviting a huge mess of confusion and uninformed backlash if they debuted the "baby" on its own with Bronco branding without also saying and showing something significant regarding the Bronco namesake model itself. 

That all makes it seem like the "baby" will debut fairly shortly before its availability, and perhaps 6-9 months before the Bronco.  I believe there was mention at the Escape event where it was unofficially said/implied that the "baby" would come out at least 3 months before the Bronco --- and Bronco Job 1 is Dec-Jan '20-'21.  That lines up for a ~late spring debut of the "baby" with some modest Bronco information, and probably the full Bronco debut around NAIAS.  Throw in a little extra Americana in with the coloring or whatever, and people will be talking about it for a month leading up to 4th of July -- sear it into their minds with lots of positive associations. 

That late spring to early summer time frame is also a fairly good span in which the Bronco can make a bunch of camouflaged appearances near Bronco auto shows and off roading events.

8 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Thats possible, but given the fever pitch interest in the Bronco, I really don't think it needs to wait for a major autoshow, with a bunch of other products getting shown off at the same time.

You don't want to be the Acura NSX when the Ford GT drops the mike at the show on you lol

Which is why Ford can wield it as an offensive weapon.  Drop it at a big show and overshadow a bunch of competitors models. 

"Next gen Tacoma,  4Runner, Frontier etc. ... who cares, look its the Bronco!"

Edited by Stampede.Offroad

9 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

NAIAS isn't till June or July-The Baby Bronco should be in production by then. 

I'm assuming its going to go like this:

Mach E: launch early Spring 2020, if not earlier

F-150: Spring/Summer 2020

Baby Bronco: Summer/Fall 2020

Bronco: late 2020

Ford has indicated the Mach E (or whatever it will be named) will not be available until late 2020. 

1 minute ago, Trader 10 said:

Ford has indicated the Mach E (or whatever it will be named) will not be available until late 2020. 

Hmm WTF are they doing with the Mexican plant then? Makes no sense to have it shut down for almost a year if they aren't building Mach E or Baby Broncos sooner then that-it shut down in August after they wrapped up Fiesta production

4 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Hmm WTF are they doing with the Mexican plant then? Makes no sense to have it shut down for almost a year if they aren't building Mach E or Baby Broncos sooner then that-it shut down in August after they wrapped up Fiesta production

Good question. I thought the Baby Bronco was supposed to be released about 6 mos. after the Escape which would be February 2020. 

2 hours ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

Which is why Ford can wield it as an offensive weapon.  Drop it at a big show and overshadow a bunch of competitors models. 

Doesn’t matter how great it is, it will still be lost in a sea of other introductions.  I like Ford’s strategy to reveal vehicles on their own where they’re the only thing happening for a few days or weeks.

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

One of those is going to Hermosillo which is occupied by Fusion/MKZ until the conclusion of MY2020

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

One of those is going to Hermosillo which is occupied by Fusion/MKZ until the conclusion of MY2020

Given the comments by the press, that means the Baby Bronco is going there, since Cuautitlán Assembly has been slotted for the Mach E by multiple reports?

9 hours ago, akirby said:

Doesn’t matter how great it is, it will still be lost in a sea of other introductions.  I like Ford’s strategy to reveal vehicles on their own where they’re the only thing happening for a few days or weeks.

IMO it would make the most sense to show off the Bronco and Baby Bronco before NAIAS, then show off maybe the Bronco pickup or whatever at the show as an additional exclamation point to the Bronco lineup

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

IMO it would make the most sense to show off the Bronco and Baby Bronco before NAIAS, then show off maybe the Bronco pickup or whatever at the show as an additional exclamation point to the Bronco lineup

Or a "concept" Bronco followed by the real thing at NAIAS.

Detroit Show starts June 7th with the Gallery, Media days are 9th & 10th of June.

This thread shows exactly why auto shows are irreverent now and actually make it more difficult for a manufacturer to do product launches and why so many just do their own reveal's. 

With the way content is delivered today Ford would gain much more to show them outside of a show. They own the Media cycle that day and are not sharing the time with anyone, the story will get mentioned in the evening national news broadcasts, it would make some local news stations, and in some markets may even have a local dealer story on it how they are anticipating the arrival of it (Probably the Ford dealer that advertises the most with the station)  You lose most of that at an auto show, yes the Bronco will be shown, but you're sharing the media spot light for that news cycle. 

Edited by jasonj80