Botched Explorer Launch, Puts CEO on Hot Seat

15 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

It sounds like the 500 was an excellent car and the Fusion a very good car. Most of what you listed are items that wear out.

Pretty much. The Fusion hasn't been a bad car at all. Most everything with it has been minor, agravating stuff. Trim falling off, small electrical gremlins, etc. That Five Hundred is a solid, well built, tank that I'd put up against any CamCord for quality. The only issue my wife ever had with the car was it didn't have the power she likes and it wasn't what I'd call "pretty".

15 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm glad I've never had to replace the alternator on my Focus. It would have been a nightmare. 

It was a nightmare on that Five Hundred as well. Might have been easier with a lift, but I don't have one as of yet. My only saving grace is that I'm a lefty.

2 hours ago, 351cid said:

It was a nightmare on that Five Hundred as well. Might have been easier with a lift, but I don't have one as of yet. My only saving grace is that I'm a lefty.

Replacing the serpentine belt, tensioner and idler pulley was bad enough. I had to pull the passenger side motor mount off and drop the engine well below the point I was comfortable in doing so (my jack was pretty much completely lowered with a 2x4 on it to spread the load) and it was still a pain in the ass. 

On 10/23/2019 at 6:18 PM, tbone said:

Careful about painting everyone here in Chicago with such a broad brush of racism my friend. That’s a bit extreme.

Sorry tbone sir, I didn't mean to imply that everyone who lives in the city of Chicago or works at Ford Chicago Assembly Plant is racist and corrupt. There are definitely a lot of good, honest people in Chicago, and I'm sure there are many workers at CAP who work hard and help their coworkers do a good job too.

However, Chicago is known worldwide for corruption, crime, and racial strife especially from the early 20th century until now. The historical society in Chicago even said "Chicago developed a reputation as a cauldron of specifically “racial” conflict and violence largely in the twentieth century." And the south part of Chicago where CAP is located has a lot of race based gangs committing violence against each other and innocent people too. http://www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/1032.html