2021 Lincoln Nautilus - Significant refresh coming?

On 4/9/2020 at 8:53 AM, RedHoncho01 said:

So I bit the bullet and bought a very gently used 2019 Nautilus Reserve.  It has every option available except the rear seat entertainment system.  I bought it from a dealership in Wooster, Ohio, about 92 miles from my home.  The entire deal was conducted via 2 phone calls and text messaging.  The dealership delivered the car to my home so I could test drive it with the hubby.  I had to go through the drive through at my bank to get a cashier check.  We signed all the paperwork in my driveway.  On day 2, I messed up the liftgate trying to program it to not open so far that it hit my garage door.  I called the local Lincoln dealer.  They offered to pick it up and bring me a loaner but I chose to take it directly to the dealership.  They gave me a loaner and had my liftgate working the next day at no charge to me.  I can say that my experience at the Lincoln dealership was more than I ever expected.  I love my new ride and look forward to having it for many years.  It is Burgandy Velvet exterior with Ebony interior.  I can't say I would have chosen the exterior color but it has really grown on me.  The deal on this vehicle was just too good to pass up.  :)

Link.jpg

Congrats on your purchase.  Hope you have many trouble free joyous miles.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When is the refresh coming....

Nautilus needs update with headlights and tail lights.  The avaitor adaptive headlights, and refresh the tail lights please.  Its too much like an edge.  The i side needs update to avaitor or corsair styling cues.  Were in our late 50s.  Night time driving and lighting is a serious concern for us and helping in the decision to either buy a Lincoln or Cadillac.  

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, twintornados said:

The interior needs a refresh too...get rid of that gawd-awful center console....

Now now, i like my center console. I like the soothing simplicity of it.  The headlights i thought were great on the freeway,  i will be taking the Nautilus through the mountain passes in a few weeks.  I'll let you all know my impression of the drive and the gas mileage when i get to Salt Lake City. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 6:29 PM, akirby said:

The taller center console was a selling point for our MKX.

That is exactly the reason my wife picked the Edge over the MKX. She said it was too weird and uncomfortable. Otherwise she wanted the MKX. 

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

That is exactly the reason my wife picked the Edge over the MKX. She said it was too weird and uncomfortable. Otherwise she wanted the MKX. 

Did you just call me weird?

Not disagreeing, just clarifying.......  ?

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

According to Ford Authority, the 2021 Nautilus will indeed have a heavily revised interior. Link to article: https://fordauthority.com/2020/09/heavily-revised-2021-lincoln-nautilus-interior-leaked-in-new-photo/

Per my opening post in this thread, it looks like the information my sales guy told me (in Oct. 2019) at the local Lincoln dealership was correct. ?

Donlen indicates that production of the 2021 Nautilus will begin on Jan. 25, 2021.

Edited by rbreeze
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, rbreeze said:

According to Ford Authority, the 2021 Nautilus will indeed have a heavily revised interior. Link to article: https://fordauthority.com/2020/09/heavily-revised-2021-lincoln-nautilus-interior-leaked-in-new-photo/

Per my opening post in this thread, it looks like the information my sales guy told me (in Oct. 2019) at the local Lincoln dealership was correct. ?

Donlen indicates that production of the 2021 Nautilus will begin on Jan. 25, 2021.

There has been a pretty lively discussion about this for the last couple of weeks in the general Ford forum. This is a very significant interior refresh. Lots of questions about whether this means the full redesign is delayed or if it was just something seen as necessary to keep sales strong in what traditionally has been Lincoln's top selling make. See: 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, jniffen said:

Is there any new word if the Nautilus and Edge on the way out?

I've been scouring the 'Inter-Webs' but not seeing anything new except rumors from several weeks back.

No, nothing official, though there's a growing amount of circumstantial evidence. The Canadian auto worker's new contract includes a commitment after the current generation ends in 2023 to convert the plant that currently builds the Nautilus and Edge to one that manufactures all-electric models. It is possible that a redesign is on its way and will be manufactured elsewhere, but it increasingly looks like Lincoln will shift its 2-row mid-sized crossover (Corsair is compact-sized and Aviator is large-sized) over to an all-electric product. We'll likely not know for sure which way FMC is going in this segment of the market -- it seems to me a little early to shift the entire segment over to BEV, but who knows? -- for at least another year.

It appears the 2021 model Nautilus will get an interior refresh with the new dash seen in other recently refreshed Lincolns. There has been significant discussion whether Nautilus will continue in North America. Ford has tooled a plant in China to build the Edge and Nautilus. As Oakville Assembly, where the Edge and Nautilus are currently produced in North America, is retooled for 5 electric vehicles, it is possible the Edge and Nautilus will be imported from China.