New Owner Impressions

honestabe

3 hours ago, IcemanTX said:

I believe we test drove one with the 30 way adjustable seats.  My wife would like the seats to be lower, but it is a bit too late for that unfortnately.

You may want to make sure all 30 ways are functioning to spec, especially the limits on up/down, tilt and the in-out seat sides.

How do you all typically choose to lock your Aviators?  Key fob? App? Panel on side of car?  Some other way I don’t know about? We came from a GMC Acadia and that auto locked when you got a certain distance away with the key fob, but the Aviator does not have this feature (surprised - thought it was common).

Edited by IcemanTX

There is no square on the handle of the Aviator - just the handle on the inside and the lock on the pillar.  Trying to figure out if I am missing something.  Also, twice today when connected to CarPlay and in park when using the Phone as Key with my iPhone 11 Pro, the car displayed a message "No Key Detected".  Has anyone else experienced this?

6 minutes ago, IcemanTX said:

There is no square on the handle of the Aviator - just the handle on the inside and the lock on the pillar.  Trying to figure out if I am missing something.  Also, twice today when connected to CarPlay and in park when using the Phone as Key with my iPhone 11 Pro, the car displayed a message "No Key Detected".  Has anyone else experienced this?

On all other Ford/Lincolns there is a spot on the top or front of the door handle that you can touch and it will lock the vehicle.  I think they moved it to the B pillar on the Aviator.

You might also be able to hit the lock button on the inside of the door as you get out but I'm not sure how that works using PAK.

Ford has never had an autolock feature like GM after you park it and walk away.  It would be nice.   But GM doesn't have the keypad and I'd much rather have the keypad.

• Like 1

Never ceases to amaze me that there are dealers who don't take the time to explain and cover all the features on a new vehicle to customers.  That should be a standard practice.  When I bought my Explorer, the dealer went through all of the features with my wife, especially the infotainment, phone pairing stuff.  When be bought our MkC the Lincoln dealer spent a good hour with her going over everything (Sync 3 was different than the MFT in the Explorer).  The only new vehicle we bought where the dealer didn't do this was my Expedition.  We really didn't need it, it had Sync 3 and pretty much all the same features as our Lincoln, plus I am pretty well aware of everything from looking through the owners manual prior to purchase.

And yes on the Aviator there is a lock icon on the b-pillar, looks like a padlock. 

Here is the Doors and Locks page from the owners manual.

"Locking sensors are on both front doors. When the intelligent access key is within 3 ft (1 m) of your vehicle you can lock your vehicle by touching the locking sensor below the keyless entry keypad. Doing so causes a lock symbol to illuminate on the door window trim indicating your vehicle is locked and you can no longer release the door using the exterior door handle switches. Touching the locking sensor when the intelligent access key is not within 3 ft (1 m) causes the lock status to display, but does not lock the doors.
Swipe across the locking sensor to display the current lock status of your vehicle. The lock status also displays when you open a door or when the lock status changes.
Note:  You cannot use the locking sensors to unlock your vehicle."

On 9/17/2020 at 5:25 AM, IcemanTX said:

On Wed Sept 15, 2020 we purchased a 2020 Aviator after shopping for quite a while to replace our 2017 Acadia Denali.  Initial impressions are mixed for one important reason - the 30 way seats and seat height.

My wife and I test drove an Aviator about a  month ago and we liked the car.  However, my wife now says the seat sits too high and is too narrow.  Im not going to get into why this came up after the purchase - there is nothing I can do about it now.

There were some fit and finish issues they are going to address, but overall it is a very nice car.  We have a red Reserve AWD with the 202A package and the convenience package.

it’s the nicest car we have ever owned.  Just wish the seat issue had come up

before we signed the paperwork...

7894DAFB-101D-449C-BDA4-AD60C125B2BC.jpeg

Congrats on the new ride.  I also found the Lincoln seats a little narrower then my 2017 Acadia SLT2 but adjusted to the Nautilus' 22 way seats just fine.  I test drove all of the Lincoln's except the Navigator and thought the Nautilus had the widest seats.

21 hours ago, IcemanTX said:

How do I test the 30 way seats on the limits up and down?  Ask them to check it when it goes in?

I would ask the dealer to do it indicating the comfort issues you have with it ... 30 way adjustments should provide better comfort not less comfort (if working properly).

4 hours ago, Flying68 said:

Never ceases to amaze me that there are dealers who don't take the time to explain and cover all the features on a new vehicle to customers.  That should be a standard practice.  When I bought my Explorer, the dealer went through all of the features with my wife, especially the infotainment, phone pairing stuff.  When be bought our MkC the Lincoln dealer spent a good hour with her going over everything (Sync 3 was different than the MFT in the Explorer).  The only new vehicle we bought where the dealer didn't do this was my Expedition.  We really didn't need it, it had Sync 3 and pretty much all the same features as our Lincoln, plus I am pretty well aware of everything from looking through the owners manual prior to purchase.

And yes on the Aviator there is a lock icon on the b-pillar, looks like a padlock. 

With all the technology and options on these vehicles today the individuals retention from a 15-30 minute session upon delivery is not going to be enough ... especially if you are totally new to FoMoCo vehicles & tech implementation.  I’d recommend downloading the owners manual and keep a current version on pad or pc for reference & browsing.

On 9/17/2020 at 11:00 PM, IcemanTX said:

How do you all typically choose to lock your Aviators?  Key fob? App? Panel on side of car?  Some other way I don’t know about? We came from a GMC Acadia and that auto locked when you got a certain distance away with the key fob, but the Aviator does not have this feature (surprised - thought it was common).

Congrats on your new Aviator! 

To lock the vehicle from outside without using the fob/PAAK you need to have your fob/phone in your pocket (or otherwise within 3ft) then push the little lock symbol for 2 sec (looks like a padlock) on the driver’s door pillar right below the numeric keypad.  (See photos below). My experience has been this can sometimes be tricky as you have to press it with your finger as flat as possible and cantered on the icon to activate it. Alternatively you can also press the 7/8 and 9/0 numbers simultaneously for 2 sec on the number pad.   Front Passenger door has the lock icon as well.  When you are pressing the lock icon there is a little red dot that lights up above the 1/2 to confirm it recognizes you pressing your finger on it. (See photos)

You can of course lock it the “old fashioned” way by pressing the lock button on your fob or the lock button in the Lincoln app if using PAAK.

CDEE4237-D72C-403F-86B9-9718CAC014FE.jpeg

FBB786DD-49F4-42E5-965E-20420E08558D.jpeg

5D3A9490-123F-4D8B-B819-533EB20DDB46.jpeg

On 9/18/2020 at 9:27 AM, IcemanTX said:

Also, twice today when connected to CarPlay and in park when using the Phone as Key with my iPhone 11 Pro, the car displayed a message "No Key Detected".  Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes I get this once in a while on my Aviator GT and I’m using PAAK on mine with iPhone 11. I find it depends on where I keep my phone if it’s in my left pocket sometimes right after I start the car I get the “No key“ message but then it goes away after minute. If I keep the phone out of pocket, resting on center console or in the cup holder it’s no problem. What did the trick for me is I got a belt clip holster for my phone and just clip it to my belt or pants and never have that problem anymore so the phone gets better Bluetooth signal to the PAAK system. 

I was told by Lincoln concierge that PAAK uses Bluetooth low energy mode so it’s not as powerful as regular Bluetooth communication and I guess more susceptible to interference if your phone is covered or in your pocket/jacket/etc.

On 9/18/2020 at 7:36 AM, akirby said:

But GM doesn't have the keypad and I'd much rather have the keypad.

The 2020 GMC Acadia has this as an option:

RDI

NEW! LPO, Keyless Entry Keypad with
all-new vertical design, 5-digit
programmable keypad located on driverside
B-pillar

If I couldn't negotiate the purchase of a BL Nautilus (which I did) I was going to order a 2020 Acadia.