New Owner Impressions

honestabe

Hi guys. Today's trivia: According to this Detroit Free Press article on the Ford "SecuriCode" Keyless Entry Keypad, "The feature debuted on the 1980 Ford Thunderbird, Mercury Cougar, Lincoln Continental Mark VI and Lincoln Town Car."

The entire article can be found here: https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2019/10/19/ford-securicode-keypad-remote-keyless-system-door/4013589002/

My memory told me it was sometime in the early 80's, because when I was ordering my first Mustang GT (an '82 but ordering late in the model year), I was also contemplating holding off for the publicly introduced but not yet available for order, '83 T-Bird Turbo Coupe. I remember it had the SecuriCode keypad, which I though was a pretty great thing at the time (Hey, don't judge...it was 1982 and I was young ?). But my love of Mustangs won out.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Update: The dealership is going to bring a loaner tomorrow to take mine in to have it checked out.  Now we have a new issue.  Not only is the PAAK unreliable, the Lincoln Way app is using about 80+ % of my batter in about 3 hours with background refresh set to off and location services set to while using the app.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I see a recent review in the Apple App Store with the same issue and Lincoln is repurchasing their vehicle.  Has to be for other reasons as well I would imagine.

1 hour ago, IcemanTX said:

Update: The dealership is going to bring a loaner tomorrow to take mine in to have it checked out.  Now we have a new issue.  Not only is the PAAK unreliable, the Lincoln Way app is using about 80+ % of my batter in about 3 hours with background refresh set to off and location services set to while using the app.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I see a recent review in the Apple App Store with the same issue and Lincoln is repurchasing their vehicle.  Has to be for other reasons as well I would imagine.

Yes I had this before.  The PAAK was very flaky on my Aviator GT when I first got it back in January.  Had to bring it back to the dealer after the first couple weeks and apparently it needed some kind of massive software update that took about 4 hours to do (they would not tell me what it was, version, etc.) but that fixed the PAAK functionality back to normal.  I don't think it was some simple update of the SYNC 3 system you can do yourself by downloading to USB because the dealer had to hook it up to their scan tools through the OBD port to push the update.

If you're bringing it back to the dealer ask them to update your software that might fix your PAAK.

1 hour ago, IcemanTX said:

the Lincoln Way app is using about 80+ % of my batter in about 3 hours with background refresh set to off and location services set to while using the app.

You need to turn on location services to always on and background refresh for the Lincoln app (and especially PAAK) to work properly.  See screenshot below for what your app settings should look like.

It might be draining your battery because the app is trying to access location or refresh itself in the background but your phone settings are blocking it so it just keeps trying repeatedly.  With the settings I have below, I've never had any problems with battery drain on my phone.

IMG_3501.PNG

Edited by rampagex7

The battery issue in my phone seems to be ok now that I charged the settings to be like you mentioned.

However, now I have a new message in the app - sheesh...

“Remote features disabled for battery optimization:

To conserve battery life for your Aviator, remote features are temporarily unavailable. This happens when your vehicle hasn't been driven in a while, there is high battery usage while your vehicle is off or if your area has extremely cold conditions. Simply start your vehicle with your key fob and your remote features like start/stop, lock/unlock, etc. will be back at your fingertips.“

I drove the car tonight, why would I be getting this message?  I did start it successfully though with PAAK after this message.