Savage Geese reviews (destroys) 2019 Ford Ranger

15 minutes ago, Anthony said:

He normally does pretty good reviews.  I am subscribed to him.  He has a dry wit / sarcasm to him, but this is by far the worst review I've seen him give.

Why do you say that? Everything he said was the truth.

Edited by coupe3w
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

Everything he said was truth.

Yes sir. I just subscribed to this Savage Geese channel. Really good stuff. Never heard about it until Anthony shared this video here on Blue Oval Forums (thank you Anthony!)

The Savage Geese narrator doesn't seem to be an amateur. Quite the opposite. Maybe his automotive review and video work is a full time job for him? The videography is professional quality. And as I mentioned earlier, the narrator seems to be very knowledgable about technical details of cars and trucks. Much more than the typical YouTube reviewer.

He’s just a colossal sook and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out his criticisms are based mostly on sticker shock. Most of the things he complains about will not bother most current buyers, is there room for improvement? Of course but isn’t the fact that people are paying way than his $25k base price testimony to what buyers see as the real worth of the Ranger

Edited by jpd80

7 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

He just a colossal sook and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out his criticisms are based mostly on sticker shock. Most of the things he complains about will not bother most current buyers, is there room for improvement? Of course but isn’t the fact that people are paying way than his $25k base price testimony to What buyers see as the real worth of the Ranger

Oh no!  Watch out, MY93SHO will come in and correct your grammar. LOL

Edited by coupe3w
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

I’ll plead down to dodgy iPhone auto text 

really annoying to me but my laptop is down at the moment

and because you quoted me I can’t correct in your post

I wonder if slow sync he mentioned  is related to a faulty APIM 

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

I saw that and thought what an ass!  Such a typical response when someone does not like what you had to say.

I love Savage Geese and think he has some of the best reviews out there. He just did one on a Mustang Bullett and it was fantastic-he praised it where it did well and was point on in the vehicle's shortcomings. The Ranger is an "ok" product in today's market and is obviously dated and should be judged accordingly. I don't fault Ford for bringing it to the market and actually like some of the things about the truck but expect the next effort to be greatly improved-until then, it is what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kyle said:

I love Savage Geese and think he has some of the best reviews out there. He just did one on a Mustang Bullett and it was fantastic-he praised it where it did well and was point on in the vehicle's shortcomings. The Ranger is an "ok" product in today's market and is obviously dated and should be judged accordingly. I don't fault Ford for bringing it to the market and actually like some of the things about the truck but expect the next effort to be greatly improved-until then, it is what it is. 

Its not like any of the players in the mid size market are really pushing the needle in driving the market either...that should change with the next gen Ranger..not sure what Toyota has planned refresh/update wise for the Taco though. 

1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

Its not like any of the players in the mid size market are really pushing the needle in driving the market either...that should change with the next gen Ranger..not sure what Toyota has planned refresh/update wise for the Taco though. 

You are absolutely right besides the Gladiator but it also gets pretty expensive. I've driven several and if i was willing to spend $45K for a Ranger or a Jeep, it would be a easy decision for me. But like you said, the market is driven more from a cost stand point than someone wanting to push the product to the next level. 

Ram will also be adding a mid-size truck and I would expect that offering to be very competitive. 

I agree with Savagegeese-go get an F150!

5 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Passenger guy says “Tacoma is more reliable”...  Huh?

Come to think of it, that's one statement in the video that's not entirely true. The previous generation Tacoma (2005-2015) was super reliable. But the new one that came out in 2016 has been more problematic. The new 6-speed automatic Toyota put in the Tacoma that year seems to have some issues. 

In 2019 J.D. Power IQS, Ford Ranger was the #1 midsize pickup truck in terms of having the fewest problems. Frontier was #2 and Tacoma was #3. 

2019088c.jpg

55 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I've heard a few things about NG Ranger. Toyota had better be on their toes. They have no idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Come to think of it, that's one statement in the video that's not entirely true. The previous generation Tacoma (2005-2015) was super reliable. But the new one that came out in 2016 has been more problematic. The new 6-speed automatic Toyota put in the Tacoma that year seems to have some issues. 

In 2019 J.D. Power IQS, Ford Ranger was the #1 midsize pickup truck in terms of having the fewest problems. Frontier was #2 and Tacoma was #3. 

2019088c.jpg

Frontier number 2? 

That ought to add a sale. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

2019088c.jpg

Not to nitpick, but that is the initial quality survey not the reliability survey. We probably won't be getting usable JD Powers reliability survey results (that survey looks back 3 years) on the Ranger until the new generation is here.

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Like 2