Savage Geese reviews (destroys) 2019 Ford Ranger

4 hours ago, danglin said:

Even my local salesman does not like this truck...

Salesmen hate it because there's not much in the way of incentives on it and they don't lease well at all. Compound that with the slow rollout of the ad campaigns and you have a lot of trucks sitting on dealer lots right now. Some of that is intentional by Ford due to not wanting/unable to add capacity at the plant at the moment. That could/should change once Bronco is in the mix. 

review seemed pretty accurate, but they did seem to make the issues a bigger deal then they really are. Yeah the rides a bit bouncy but it’s not that bad and it’d be something you’d get used to. The interior isn’t the greatest, but it’s on par with the competition. I mean if your biggest complaints are fake engine noise and a transmission with too many gears, I guess it can’t be that bad of a vehicle right?

If you liked these guys, check out the straight pipes. They have a similar format but are way more entertaining.

• Like 2

Its not a bad truck...its just not our truck...other issue is there is so few on the lot you are almost forced to order unless you want to pay for crap u do not need...i have yet to see any base model on any lot either...i would never pay near or above f150 price for a truck that at best could haul little more that a 5 gallon bucket of water...ford should have waited until they had our ranger done..

14 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

...  “listen to the transmission shift....”   Yet the shifts are smooth and non intrusive.   ...  Huh?

That was one of the complaints that really didn't make any sense.  It's a 10-speed and 10 is a big number sure, but even when he floored it it only shifted 4 times.  The system isn't dumb enough to go through all the gears under that kind of acceleration and I doubt a 5-6-7-8 speed tranny from someone else would have shifted less.

I will agree on the fake sound though.  Just stop doing that.  Be proud of what's in there, don't try a bunch of augmentation fakery to pretend its something else.

• Like 2

The comments about cost/pricing, especially beyond the base, is how I feel about almost ALL vehicles these days.  My son-in-law is driving a BASE F350 XL.  Rubber floor, vinyl seats.  It looks cheap because IT IS !   But it is perfectly functional !

My daughter had an Explorer Sport Trac way back when.  Rubber flooring with cocoa mats on top,  She though it was great and I can see that !

As a Ranger owner he brought up a couple of valid complaints with the poor design of the HVAC buttons and the floaty ride, but his hate for the truck was a bit over the top. I also heard him say he pretty much hates Fords so you know he’s biased to completely hate it before he even drives it. I also noticed him saying the transmission is “fake shifting” and that’s an outright lie. You can have an opinion that 10 gears is too many, but it is actually shifting through them. There’s nothing fake about it shifting. I don’t have a B&O audio system so maybe it’s not a very good system for the price. The standard XLT audio system sounds fine.

• Like 1

I actually read every BON forum post in this thread before I watched the video which is a little bass ackwards of what I would normally do but I have gotten so used to unfavorable reviews of the Ranger that I pretty much already knew what I was going to hear. And to be honest I didn't watch much past about halfway. He has an obvious bias against all Ford products, which he freely admits, so you have to take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt. However, I do agree with him on one major point even though he may have worded it a little differently than this. From my perspective, unless you absolutely cannot deal with the larger size of the F-150 it makes no sense to buy a Ranger instead. Once I knew what Ford was planning for this version of the Ranger my mind was made up even before they were available for test drives. Year-end incentives at the end of 2018 played a major role in my decision as well but there is an F-150 in my garage and I haven't seen anything about the Ranger that makes me regret that decision for a second. Don't get me wrong, I think the Ranger is a decent competitor in the mid-size market but from a value perspective the F-150 wins hands down and I don't believe that was entirely unintentional.

This guy is like a troll with a YouTube channel, EVERYTHING he say is hyperbole and spoken with the considered restraint of a 16 year old who speaks with their feelings and not their head.  He makes ZERO effort to consider the audience or the segment or compare it to the competition.  He shows no professionalism to speak with any such authority.  I don't know how anybody can take anything he has to say seriously.  His Edge ST review was just as bad.

Most auto reviewers are terrible, but there are far better ones on YouTube that deserve far more attention for their effort and expertise.  This guy is just making lazy emotional diatribes with his 'feel facts' like every other bias troll.  

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Assimilator said:

This guy is like a troll with a YouTube channel, EVERYTHING he say is hyperbole and spoken with the considered restraint of a 16 year old who speaks with their feelings and not their head.  He makes ZERO effort to consider the audience or the segment or compare it to the competition.  He shows no professionalism to speak with any such authority.  I don't know how anybody can take anything he has to say seriously.  His Edge ST review was just as bad.

Most auto reviewers are terrible, but there are far better ones on YouTube that deserve far more attention for their effort and expertise.  This guy is just making lazy emotional diatribes with his 'feel facts' like every other bias troll.  

Funny I really enjoy this guys channel!!!!  He is definitely passionate and tells you his opinions but I like his perspective. He is not a Ford guy but has done some great reviews and praised a number of Fords. His new sidekick knows what he is also talking about and tones down his personality-and he is very much a Ford guy and balances the perspective. 

That is the beauty of YouTube-plenty of channels for us to enjoy what we want:)