Solved! 2020 ST safety malfunction

Disregard- switch on stalk.

WARNING -  First 100 mi+ drive 2020 ST w/Tech and Street - I ran off the road - No Lane Departure Warning ALERT, not much AID.  To be short - in no configuration, setting, mode, or speed does the "Lane Departure Warning" work at all.  ZERO wheel shake - and I've had Ford Escapes (2013, 2014, 2017) with "Lane Departure Alert" so I know how it works & how it feels.  Attached is a video.

(I killed the sound of my wife's screams.)

PJ

Edited by PajamaGuy
Correct system is Lane Departure Warning LDW

So I guess you need to have your dealer look at it.  Mine works exactly as it should.

It lights yellow on whichever line I am starting to cross and helps to recover.

There is no audio warning or any major alert except for as I said, the line turns yellow on the dash.

Edited by blwnsmoke

There is a switch on the stalk that turns it on and off, are you certain it was turned on? 

It's also not something to depend on, she was drifting off to the side for awhile before reacting which tells me she may not have had her hands on the wheel which can turn it off.  

Edited by Assimilator

53 minutes ago, PajamaGuy said:

Thank-you,  case closed.

(...? color me embarrassed)

Be aware that even with it on, if the lines are not lit up white, it is not sensing the sides of the road and will not work.

And the steering wheel will gently vibrate, it will not shake.

Here are a few videos I just took on a quick trip out.  Watch the center road display.. you will see when it is white, when it isnt lit white and when it is yellow alerting you through the steering wheel.  One of them shows you when it isnt lit white and I'm drifting into the brake down lane.

BS,

You are correct.  The difference is that you do not have Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control turned on.  Those sidelines are there when IACC is on and active.  Pressing the stalk button changes nothing that I can see in the display,  therefore can't tell if on or off.  (I'll check more closely in the morning.)

Thanks.

10 hours ago, PajamaGuy said:

BS,

You are correct.  The difference is that you do not have Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control turned on.  Those sidelines are there when IACC is on and active.  Pressing the stalk button changes nothing that I can see in the display,  therefore can't tell if on or off.  (I'll check more closely in the morning.)

Thanks.

You never said anything in your post about IACC, you said your lane departure never warned you and you ran off the road.  Those lines are exactly that, Lane Departure and show you when it is actively monitoring the road or cant tell.

So not sure what your reply is all about.

To be sure you understand how both Lane Keeping and Lane Centering are supposed to work I would recommend you read the Owners Manual. You may have a mechanical issue preventing the proper operation but these days we see more than a fair share of problems which are nothing more than someone not understanding exactly how their vehicle is supposed to operate or perform.

• 2 months later...