Ford Could Have Plans For A Hotter GT Supercar: Report

I don't doubt there will be at least one more (Final?) edition of the GT before production ends. But the car achieved its original goal (to win Le Mans) so the chances of an all-new model are slim.

As for taking on the C8? The price-point alone means these are not "cross town rivals".

• Thanks 1

Putting a V8 in the GT now contradicts the whole concept created and affirmed.  The cars are becoming electrified and the Corvette is up against and unrivaled, so they want to force the GT to be a C8 rival by being a Ford, and another GM.  The press is full of intelligent pofissonais who make silly stories to attract laymen.

I wouldn’t doubt it if GM has some hybrid plans for the C8 Corvette. 

My first inclination when pondering all this was that Ford ought to do an end around and build a modern day Cobra sports car. 

Something around the size of the Miata with a 5.2 cross plane V8 and a genuine manual transmission. 

Back to basics and shoot for under $50K.

8 minutes ago, Stray Kat said:

My first inclination when pondering all this was that Ford ought to do an end around and build a modern day Cobra sports car. 

Something around the size of the Miata with a 5.2 cross plane V8 and a genuine manual transmission. 

Very doubtful-if Anything it would be hybrid or even a pure EV. 

1 hour ago, Stray Kat said:

I wouldn’t doubt it if GM has some hybrid plans for the C8 Corvette. 

Too close to mustang.  It would have to be above mustang and/or tied to a racing series.