Why no 2020 build on the website on the Nautilus?

If you go to build and price a Nautilus it's still stuck on 2019 here of 10-27-19. The dealer said you can't even order a 2019 as of the first week of October as we tried to see if there was price difference and grill/color difference. So if you can only order a 2020, then why does it still say 2019 as well the MKZ and all the others say 2020 or 2019/2020 on the Nav? I can see why it still says 2019 on the MKC since it's in it's final year.

My salesguy swore the 2020 was going to get the choice or non choice of the newer Angry Cheesegrater ? grill and it ended up NOT changing... The wife kinda wanted the cheesegrater look, but personally I don't care because somehow, someway were going to get that sucker black. And oddly, the Corsair even with no Black Label gives you the option of either grill...

Also, none of the colors have been upgraded (on the website) even though they're supposed to be all changed. This time there supposed to be red that you couldn't get with Black Label 2019 and White changes to Pristine White. None of this shows. Weird. After noticing that the Burgundy looks nothing like the pictures in anything but the very brightest light, she won't chance ordering a red one without seeing the actual red paint on a 2020. So she's playing it safe with WHite, which personally I think looks really good on a Nautilus. Wonder when someone will get on the ball with that? I know it's still October, but if you can't get a 2019 and have to order a 2020, then I find that odd....?

1 hour ago, Aray said:

2.7V6 only available with AWD....whats up with that

It actually makes good sense. A number of reviewers have noted that FWD 2.7 V6 doesn't really work as a combination well as there is so much low end torque in the twin turbo engine that it impedes performance from a spirited standing start as physics pulls so much weight off of the front tires. It can also result in significant torque steer when accelerating into a turn. I have recommended the AWD to folks going with the 2.7 even if they live in no snow and little rain locations like Arizona or California. AWD with the 2.7 is about improved performance, not necessarily about dealing with dirt roads or hazardous driving conditions. There aren't the same issues with the 2.0 and FWD. 

Of course now, the recommendation is now moot, as Lincoln decided that this is how it's going to be.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, Aray said:

2.7V6 only available with AWD....whats up with that

Gurgeh's explanation is perfect. As Gurgeh said, 2.7L V6 in Nautilus delivers more torque than the front wheels alone can handle. Result is major torque steer and compromised performance. Here is what Car and Driver said about the MKX 2.7L V6 with front wheel drive. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15100744/2016-lincoln-mkx-27t-fwd-test-review/

One might also expect that, by carrying nearly 300 pounds less than the all-wheel-drive model, the front-drive 2.7 turbo model might serve up quicker zero-to-60-mph acceleration times. (Or at least matching ones.) Nope. The best we could muster with the front-driver was a lackluster 6.9 seconds, 0.9 second behind the all-wheel-drive MKX and 1.3 seconds behind the Ford Edge Sport, which is powered by a detuned version of the same engine with 315 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque.

What gives? Low-speed traction. At anything beyond half throttle, the MKX just can’t get a grip. The comfort-oriented suspension allows serious rear-axle squat under acceleration, pitching the nose up and unloading the front wheels, resulting in fruitless wheelspin. If there are pavement irregularities or a whiff of steering input when the power comes in, the driver needs both hands on the wheel to keep pointed straight. Stability control actually seems to worsen this effect, applying the brake to one front wheel, then the other, generating a seesaw response. We’re talking about steering-wheel-yanking torque steer like you haven’t seen since a 1980s Saab Turbo. Much of the 2.7T’s extra power goes to waste when it can’t route excess torque to the rear wheels. We tested during dry conditions in California and can’t imagine how rambunctious it might be in the wet or in snow.

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 1

Good Point....I just have a hard time seeing a 4cyl in a Nautilus, I have the MKX with the 3.7 V6 and just cannot see paying that kind of money for a 4 cyl. But they seem to have come a long way given that it is standard in just about all of Ford/Lincoln CUV lineup

4 hours ago, Aray said:

Good Point....I just have a hard time seeing a 4cyl in a Nautilus, I have the MKX with the 3.7 V6 and just cannot see paying that kind of money for a 4 cyl. But they seem to have come a long way given that it is standard in just about all of Ford/Lincoln CUV lineup

My wife has a 3.7 MKX and I drove a 2.0Leb Fusion for 5 years.  That “4 cyl” engine out performed the 3.7L and I would gladly pay extra for it in a Nautilus.  The off the line torque can’t be beat.  Have you actually driven one?

Yes, I have driven the 2.7 and the 2.0 for a short duration. I am sure that the 2.0 is plenty adequate its just a mind thing for me I have always associated 4 cyl engines as noisy and under powered. I am actually kind of glad they took the option away. It saves me about 2k off the cost of a new one. 

1 hour ago, Aray said:

I am sure that the 2.0 is plenty adequate... It saves me about 2k off the cost of a new one. 

Yes sir. The 2nd generation 2.0L Ecoboost with twin scroll turbo in 2020 Nautilus is actually quite peppy and a huge improvement over the laggy first gen 2.0L in other Ford, Lincoln, Jaguar, and Land Rover models.