Who checks this a blind person?

coupe3w

18 minutes ago, fordtech1 said:

Ford treats its dealers like they are stealing from them when it comes to warranty repairs. They look for anything not to pay.

100% correct.  The W&P manual says that "upselling" warranty work is a huge no no, unless it is a safety item. Even then, they will fight it. 

QC for this stuff is a thing of the past because It is cheaper to fix it in the field. Issues upon issues with Explorer, and we got an F150 in the other day with a tan seat in an all black interior. Stuck out like a sore thumb but it wasn't caught until the PDI. 

59 minutes ago, YT90SC said:

100% correct.  The W&P manual says that "upselling" warranty work is a huge no no, unless it is a safety item. Even then, they will fight it. 

QC for this stuff is a thing of the past because It is cheaper to fix it in the field. Issues upon issues with Explorer, and we got an F150 in the other day with a tan seat in an all black interior. Stuck out like a sore thumb but it wasn't caught until the PDI. 

Back in the day I had a 97 thunderbird with one cloth seat and the rest leather. 
I did have an F150 with a Lobo king ranch emblem on the tailgate. 

If Ford thinks it’s better to fix in the field, then let us fix the damn things and don’t give your dealers shit for QC screw ups. 

These hoops are one of the reasons I decided to try a new career. 

Edited by fordtech1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fordtech1 said:

Things like that are inexcusable. However, if they don’t get fixed at the factory, they probably won’t be fixed until a customer complains. Ford warranty has dealers scared of doing repairs like these without customer complaints. 

If that is the case, that needs to change. It should never make it to the customer to give them something to complain about. 

With that said, it’s not just Ford. Take a look at the new Infinity QX60 service loaner I had a couple weeks ago. This stood out so much I took a pic of it. The other side wasn’t quite as bad but it was not aligned correctly. 

A234CF85-2742-4797-8434-C626D16D1898.jpeg

Edited by tbone

I've never had a Lincoln that didn't have obvious panel alignment issues inside and out (basically anything that comes from Oakville).  I like Ford and Lincoln, but for me it's impossible to ignore that Ford is uniquely troubled with larger panel gaps with more obvious misalignment issues than others.  The cars that come out of Oakville are great, but I think they need to be doing better inspecting and assembling.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

I've never had a Lincoln that didn't have obvious panel alignment issues inside and out.  I like Ford and Lincoln, but for me it's impossible to ignore that Ford is uniquely troubled with larger panel gaps with more obvious misalignment issues than others.

I have to agree. Just check the gaps on the SUV hatches. All Fords and Lincolns are terrible. My 2012 Focus door alignment was real bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I've owned ten vehicles in my life.  All had better alignment than my 2019 Edge Titanium.  They also all cost less than this vehicle. 

Varying brands, but three other were Fords.  Only this one was assembled at Oakville.  My vehicle was a special order to get the color & options I wanted. 

This made me feel I had to take the vehicle.  I should have complained more about it.

The gap at front of hood is over a quarter inch.  At the rear edge of the hood, it almost hits the fender.

• 5 months later...
On 10/30/2019 at 2:48 AM, tbone said:

If that is the case, that needs to change. It should never make it to the customer to give them something to complain about. 

With that said, it’s not just Ford. Take a look at the new Infinity QX60 service loaner I had a couple weeks ago. This stood out so much I took a pic of it. The other side wasn’t quite as bad but it was not aligned correctly. 

Holly macaroni.  Can't find a words(((

On 10/29/2019 at 5:48 PM, tbone said:

Watch some of the Aviator videos on YouTube and notice the rear door on the drivers side. I've seen at least six that are mis aligned.