Ford, UAW reach tentative agreement

MrSmith

There better be a raise to our pension LIB and I want to see it in the highlights plus a raise for current retirees.  Otherwise it’s a big no and I’ll try to drum up additional no votes.  There are several retirees in our family and family gatherings are unpleasant, the lectures start as soon as I walk through the door.

1 hour ago, pmooret said:

There better be a raise to our pension LIB and I want to see it in the highlights plus a raise for current retirees.  Otherwise it’s a big no and I’ll try to drum up additional no votes.  There are several retirees in our family and family gatherings are unpleasant, the lectures start as soon as I walk through the door.

This is just too comical.  Who are you to be getting lectured?  Do you have any power or authority?  Second, you have several retirees in your family?  Have you heard about diversifying your investments?  Same things works out for family employment, if some of your family retirees worked at other industries they would still be complaining to you because they would be getting even less of a pension.  Vote as you wish, that is your prerogative , but I think the unpleasantry runs in your family, and soon the Lectures will be given by you to your other family members.  And after you vote no and keep complaining you and your family keep bringing your offspring to work at Ford....and now they are complaining and complaining and complaining....and lectures...and unpleasant family gatherings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grandmaster B said:

$9k singing bonus. Bad news for Romeo Engine. 

9 Grand to sing? Which song do you have to sing? How much to SIGN the contract? LOL, Seriously I haven't seen anything on the news for the amount of the ratification bonus, just the rumor. Where did you hear that amount? I told everyone we would be lucky to get 9k, because that was the amount the press was reporting for GM all day right before the company upped it by 2 grand at the last second to make sure the strike ended. We didn't strike and have one plant closure, GM workers did strike for 6 weeks and still lost 3 plants. I believe 9k was the most Ford was going to offer. We have 6k more workers than GM and Ford makes about 4 billion less in profit, so it seems to be a reasonable amount. We will know for sure tomorrow after the big meeting when the highlights come out if they okay it. I'm glad they dropped the idea of doing a profit sharing pull ahead that they talked about right before GM went on strike. It was supposed to be around $7,500 with a $1,500 or $2,000 pull ahead. That was stupid 4 years ago and would still be stupid now. I hope the path to full time and one tier is better defined than GM's contract was. The press was reporting workers getting bumped up to full pay within the year, but that only applied to workers with 7 years in. GM is holding the strike against the temps now, saying after at least 2 years of constant employment (with no gaps longer than 30 days), they would be hired full time. The strike was 40 days, so they are screwing the temps over and it will delay their hiring. They are also not going strictly by seniority to hire them, but creating a master list in Detroit alphabetically, so some temps with way more time will have lower seniority because their last name is Smith instead of Adams. Hopefully Ford has a better system and our temps who have busted ass for years will be hired full time by their seniority date, like it should be!

18 minutes ago, deflep1 said:

The press was reporting workers getting bumped up to full pay within the year, but that only applied to workers with 7 years in.

I thought that was how the 2015 contract was. I’ve been looking for that in the book but I couldn’t find it. 

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Detroit News and Free Press are both reporting it 

Yeah, Channel 2 is also now, but 4 and 7 are still saying just less than GM. It's the old "sources familiar with the talks, but who have asked not to be identified" giving up the info. When GM's offer was 9k, I thought we'd either get $7,500 or $8,000 at most, but I'm glad they bumped it up 2 grand at the last second to 11k. That made Ford go a little higher to a pretty fair offer. We'll see how all the other details turn out.

29 minutes ago, 95Triway said:

I thought that was how the 2015 contract was. I’ve been looking for that in the book but I couldn’t find it. 

That’s exactly how it was in the 2015 agreement. Someone like myself who only has 5.5 years still has to go the full 8 to top pay. 

Edited by MrSmith
*if Ford follows the GM in progression scale

4 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

That’s exactly how it was in the 2015 agreement. Someone like myself who only has 5.5 years still has to go the full 8 to top pay. 

It sucks, but it took me 7 years to top out 20 years ago. The new people hired will be luckier that they top out in 4 years, but you guys are lucky they are returning to only one tier. When two tiers were agreed to in the concessions, we all thought that one tier would NEVER come back. It took two contracts to work on it and get it resolved. It's one of the few things the union actually did right because they saw how divided it made the workforce and how pissed off the second tier workers were making less. You guys agreed to take the job knowing you might never get the same top pay, as many other union workers do in different industries. It's a hard pill to swallow, but you do what you have to do to make a living. Some workers are pissed the people hired next year will top out in only 4 years, but wouldn't you be more pissed if they left two tiers and you never reached Legacy pay? I think Ford could help out the situation by putting $1,000 into those workers' 401K's for each year extra it took them to top out. They aren't going to make it right, but they could make it BETTER!

5 minutes ago, jose said:

deflep, you said it took you 7 yrs to top out 20yrs ago?. you sure it wasent 3yrs.

I was part time for over 4 years and got raises. When I was finally hired full time, they dropped me (and about 150 of us) back down to 70% of top wage, then it took the normal 3 years after that to top out. Some of us had topped out in wages as part timers, a few of my friends has been part time for 6 years, were topped out, then got hired, lost all their raises and started over. I ended up with one more week of seniority, having worked two less years then them. Flat Rock went under the Ford National Agreement in 1997. Our group got full time in 1998 and they couldn't count any of our time before the agreement was ratified in May of 97, about 2 months after the agreement was started. Some of us started as part timers in 92, 93 and 94, but all that time was lost, even though we had worked more than 90 straight days many times and should have been forced to be hired under those old state and labor rules. We got screwed just like the temps have been now and the second tier were for the last 7 years. It happened at other plants in different ways over the years. We can't change what happened, but we CAN try to change what happens now and in the future for the better.

1 hour ago, deflep1 said:

Yeah, Channel 2 is also now, but 4 and 7 are still saying just less than GM. It's the old "sources familiar with the talks, but who have asked not to be identified" giving up the info. When GM's offer was 9k, I thought we'd either get $7,500 or $8,000 at most, but I'm glad they bumped it up 2 grand at the last second to 11k. That made Ford go a little higher to a pretty fair offer. We'll see how all the other details turn out.

Theres people bitching all over Facebook about $9k being an insult since GM got $11k. Apparently they forgot that Ford has more UAW employees than GM, plus Ford is throwing in $3500 for temps