Ford, UAW reach tentative agreement

MrSmith

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Theres people bitching all over Facebook about $9k being an insult since GM got $11k. Apparently they forgot that Ford has more UAW employees than GM, plus Ford is throwing in $3500 for temps 

GM also has more money than Ford and were trying to end a strike that cost them almost 3 Billion dollars. Those workers got only strike pay for 6 weeks and will need ALL of the signing bonus AND 4% lump sum bonus to catch up on their bills. If we approve this contract, those will be ACTUAL bonuses and not just money to recoup our losses. That's the first I've heard about the temp signing bonus, thanks for that info.

2 minutes ago, deflep1 said:

GM also has more money than Ford and were trying to end a strike that cost them almost 3 Billion dollars. Those workers got only strike pay for 6 weeks and will need ALL of the signing bonus AND 4% lump sum bonus to catch up on their bills. If we approve this contract, those will be ACTUAL bonuses and not just money to recoup our losses. That's the first I've heard about the temp signing bonus, thanks for that info.

Source

20 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I checked all over on line before 2pm and not much was showing up. I watched the Detroit local channels for the 5pm news and still not much. I should have checked the Detroit newspapers sites in the mean time, that's where all the good info was being posted. Their papers are too expensive and I have no time to read them at work, but I might try their apps. They seem quicker to post things than the Channel 2, 4 or 7 apps. Thanks

1 hour ago, deflep1 said:

I was part time for over 4 years and got raises. When I was finally hired full time, they dropped me (and about 150 of us) back down to 70% of top wage, then it took the normal 3 years after that to top out. Some of us had topped out in wages as part timers, a few of my friends has been part time for 6 years, were topped out, then got hired, lost all their raises and started over. I ended up with one more week of seniority, having worked two less years then them. Flat Rock went under the Ford National Agreement in 1997. Our group got full time in 1998 and they couldn't count any of our time before the agreement was ratified in May of 97, about 2 months after the agreement was started. Some of us started as part timers in 92, 93 and 94, but all that time was lost, even though we had worked more than 90 straight days many times and should have been forced to be hired under those old state and labor rules. We got screwed just like the temps have been now and the second tier were for the last 7 years. It happened at other plants in different ways over the years. We can't change what happened, but we CAN try to change what happens now and in the future for the better.

Well let me factor in my 8 years as a lts and other titled temp and add how long it takes to get to top pay with the in progression scale.. Close to 17 years to reach top pay. Wow maybe I shouldn’t think about that too much.

13 hours ago, deflep1 said:

I try to be positive about it, but when I get 27 years in, knowing it should be 30...I might be a LITTLE bitter then! LOL

Unfortunately, those golf playing, Hyatt stayin, cigar smokin, scotch drinkin IUAW bullshiters slipped that no 30 and out in a few contracts ago. Not only did the sell out bull shittres put in place the 8 years of waiting shit and entry level and in progression shit it started the no 30 and out for anyone under the bull shitters "we" got to help the company bullshit....

Years of being screwed by the IUAW will continue to show its effects.  One contract after the Fed`s show up at their houses will not balance the shit we have got from their years of living the high life... off of us. 

It's always nice to have a signing bonus whether it's $6,000 or up to $11,000. Whichever it is just leave it separate from profit sharing- unlike last contact when Ford took a piece of it to make up the higher bonus we got ($10,000) over GM's bonus ($8,000). My prediction: will match GM's bonus at $11,000, but will pay for the extra payment in profit sharing. I hope not- give me 10g's plus the 4% of annual pay that GM workers also will receive and I'll walk away happy.