• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Site Problems?

Has anyone else been having problems with the site not loading with errors and whatnot coming up trying to get here?

It’s an ongoing problem affecting multiple forums so I assume it’s a hosting provider network issue.  I’ve mentioned it to Robert already but I will remind him again.

I've only seen it on this forum.  The Energi and Hybrid forums have been working fine.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

It’s an ongoing problem affecting multiple forums so I assume it’s a hosting provider network issue.  I’ve mentioned it to Robert already but I will remind him again.

The sites have been hot / cold for a few weeks - today has been a little problematic.  We've made some changes and have a few more to do on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, murphy62 said:

I've only seen it on this forum.  The Energi and Hybrid forums have been working fine.

Those site are fortunately on another server.  We should actually combine them into one ?

The Ajax loading of post pagination is not working either.  

Go to any post with multiple pages and try accessing the next page.  Hangs forever.  You have to refresh the page.  

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

Go to any post with multiple pages and try accessing the next page.  Hangs forever.  You have to refresh the page.  

Will look into this.  On other sites, which are on this same server and are running the same software/version, this is not happening.

4 hours ago, Anthony said:

I'm not seeing this issue at all, but I use an ad blocker.

1 hour ago, robertlane said:

Will look into this.  On other sites, which are on this same server and are running the same software/version, this is not happening.

I think it has to do with the ads on the page.

18 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

I'm not seeing this issue at all, but I use an ad blocker.

I think it has to do with the ads on the page.

I also use an ad blocker in my Firefox browser and I also don't have this same issue that others are having. So I agree that it could be the ads on the site.

Figured out the Ajax loading issue and I think that it's been solved.  Has this been an issue for a while?

8 hours ago, robertlane said:

Figured out the Ajax loading issue and I think that it's been solved.  Has this been an issue for a while?

For at least a couple months.  We just refreshed the pages to get the content.  But to be fair, to a new user they would not know to do that.

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

For at least a couple months.  We just refreshed the pages to get the content.  But to be fair, to a new user they would not know to do that.

Totally agree.  I've tried a few dozen pages and it seems to be working 100% now.

Again for what it's worth, refreshing didn't help yesterday when I was having problems.  I received numerous "time-out" notices and eventually a "too many users, try again later" warning.  

Works fine now though.

11 hours ago, mackinaw said:

For what it's worth, I kept getting a "too many users, try again later" warning earlier today when I was having problems logging on.  

Everything seems OK now.

23 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

Again for what it's worth, refreshing didn't help yesterday when I was having problems.  I received numerous "time-out" notices and eventually a "too many users, try again later" warning.  

Works fine now though.

Yeah, these are the errors I was talking about, but couldn't get the site to work to post more info about it.

Seems to be working today!

I’m still having the ad issue/next page hanging on safari.  Let me try clearing the cache.

I think the server is under too much stress/traffic.  Going to move some sites off of it tomorrow to a different server.

12 hours ago, robertlane said:

I think the server is under too much stress/traffic.  Going to move some sites off of it tomorrow to a different server.

I've been having problems with too many users or just not being able to connect to the site for weeks now-at least at work, but I think that is partly due to proxy issues on my end. 

It was fine about 2-3 months ago, but has been rough since September

On 11/5/2019 at 8:59 AM, silvrsvt said:

I've been having problems with too many users or just not being able to connect to the site for weeks now-at least at work, but I think that is partly due to proxy issues on my end. 

It was fine about 2-3 months ago, but has been rough since September

You're exactly right.  We're working on the traffic issues at this very moment.

Well, I guess traffic issues are a good problem to have, no?