Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

3 hours ago, MY93SHO said:

OK, take one minute and look where the rear axle is and the bumper is.  Even inside it's tight and takes up way too much space. Are you going to use a 12-inch tire?

I know it's a difficult situation. They looked fine back in the day because they were more common. These days, you rarely see a spare mounted on the back. It seems more like an invitation for vandalism or theft. I really would hate to not have a spare at all. I'd never buy anything that comes with those repair kits. I guess, if I wanted to buy a Bronco I'd have to live with it the way it is or toss it in the back.

2 hours ago, probowler said:

There's a reason every single hardcore 4x4 has a fullsize spare and not a box full of fix-a-flats  Even the Defender rocks an external spare.

But if that doesn't matter to you, you could always remove the spare tire and the carrier yourself. More than a few people have done that mod to their full-size broncos.

14 hours ago, probowler said:

hc3653hrm2sz.jpg?width=960%26auto=webp%2

I guess, a cover like this wouldn't look so bad.

Having a cover for the spare tire is another way Ford can make $$$-Ranger Rover offered different animals (Rhino, elephant, etc) that you could get on your spare tire cover. 

Ford could go the vinyl route or offer a plastic/fiberglass cover for the more sophisticated types lol 

6 minutes ago, Trailhiker said:

I'll bet the aftermarket will have some roof mounted spare carrier. It would be cool to see one that tilts and slides, so it can be either on back or on top.

The thought of this reminds me when 1 of my sister in laws attempted to pull into the garage, with their bikes still attached to the roof rack,,,,,,

HRG

The amount of ass-pain trying to get a full-size, 35" spare tire off the roof just because you don't like it on the tailgate is hard to comprehend.

If you're strong and tall enough... more power to ya!  It just doesn't sound like a fun place to put it.

Edited by probowler
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, probowler said:

The amount of ass-pain trying to get a full-size, 35" spare tire off the roof just because you don't like it on the tailgate is hard to comprehend.

If you're strong and tall enough... more power to ya!  It just doesn't sound like a fun place to put it.

There's an app for that :)

18 minutes ago, probowler said:

To be fair though, how often do you have to use the spare?

You can't put it underneath, takes away ground clearance and could get damaged.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, probowler said:

You REALLY don't think it looks a little Jeepish, even from the back?

5367f1b9eaf60633eddfad98e0605c77.jpg

It's not just a couple of us here, I've read on other forums people who also got jeep vibes too.  I won't beat a dead horse but they definitely could have added a little more bronco touch with a proper tailgate and power window... and by incorporating a design element from the newer full-size broncos I think you could have made a really cool fusion and homage to entire Bronco legacy in one vehicle.

I see a lot of Wrangler from the back rear, but less so with the front end.  I also see some Defender influences, but still think it looks good and should be pretty popular. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I am 100% confident we have the best launch team in the company. 

You can send them up here to Oakville when we get a new product lol. I’m sure ford doesn’t want another explorer launch. The Bronco will have you guys working 10s! Two shifts 

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Plus, there’s nowhere to put it under there. 

I guess you could jam it up over the rear axle and call it an auxiliary bump stop...

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I don't know how Ford is going to package the Bronco but on the Wrangler the fuel tank and muffler are between the axle and bumper.

This will probably be similar.

4 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

I don't know how Ford is going to package the Bronco but on the Wrangler the fuel tank and muffler are between the axle and bumper.

This will probably be similar.

Well they obviously just copied Wrangler so that makes sense.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, akirby said:

Well they obviously just copied Wrangler so that makes sense.

Maybe they have access to the tech on that weird ship from Star Trek: Enterprise. The one that was bigger on the inside than the outside. Kinda like a Tardis.

• Haha 1