Jump to content
  • Custom Search


silvrsvt

Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier-before June 20th?!

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Deanh said:

the biggest thing I liked about the Flex was that second row leg room, car was definitely packaged better than the Explorer...biggest issue is whilst it sold well in So Cal and a couple of other sunshine states, in areas which endured snow and inclement weather , ground clearance was an issue...


Ive only had mine for one winter but never had a problem with ground clearance during any of the snowstorms I drove it in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ehaase said:

Wasn't the Flex much roomier and conducive to use for eight passengers than the Explorer? 

 

Mine only seats 6. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, akirby said:

You’ve got Escape buyers who aren’t interested in a Bronco Sport.   
 

You’ve got Bronco Sport buyers who wouldn’t buy an Escape.

 

And you’ve got some folks who would buy either.

 

Price will probably be the deciding factor for the latter group.

The big question will be if Ford sees an increase in combined sales or mostly a draw down of existing Escape sales.

Frankly, there are just so many variables at the moment that it will be hard to tell for at least a year or more.

but most would agree that not offering new products like Bronco Sport would be a huge mistake, making a

difference is important as is offering buyers more choice, one Ford was never meant to be one choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

 

Mine only seats 6. 

Mine seats 7, but no Flex seats 8 (legally).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For eight seats, you need to go to a three row that offers three, three, two seating.

As in a full sized SUV like Expedition or Tahoe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

For eight seats, you need to go to a three row that offers three, three, two seating.

As in a full sized SUV like Expedition or Tahoe.

Personally I think 3 2 three makes way more sense so that getting to the far back row isn't a giant PITA but people these days don't like bench seats for some reason lol

I think the convertible ones where the seat back doubles as a console are best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Mine seats 7, but no Flex seats 8 (legally).


Yeah, I wanted the 2nd row captains chairs with the whole having 3 kids in car seats thing going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Deanh said:

sidebar ...Ford has to know, if not be involved in the slow release of spy shots...they could milk this until the final reveal....ie, remove camo around one tail-light one week,  roof the next, front door the next etc etc etc...

 

No question about it; it was not a coincidence that the 'spy shot' photos of finished vehicles hit the net just before the originally scheduled reveals, and then suddenly there were no spy shots of finished vehicles when the reveals were pushed out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Deanh said:

sidebar ...Ford has to know, if not be involved in the slow release of spy shots...they could milk this until the final reveal....ie, remove camo around one tail-light one week,  roof the next, front door the next etc etc etc...

 

I have no doubt they're behind all the photos.

 

At this point, they could send out a very zoomed in video of a hand slowly peeling off some tape from a body panel and people would eat it up.

 

20 hours ago, ehaase said:

Wasn't the Flex much roomier and conducive to use for eight passengers than the Explorer? 

 

Flex has always seated either 6 or 7.  Mine seats 6 with the 2nd row console.

 

20 hours ago, silvrsvt said:


 

I'm curious as to how much of an effect the Bronco Sport will have on Escape sales when it comes out. 

 

Yeah, that'll be interesting to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Flex has always seated either 6 or 7.  Mine seats 6 with the 2nd row console.


I forgot there was a second row console option. I'll have to see if I can find one in good shape from a junkyard or order one new once my kids get older and out of car seats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:


I forgot there was a second row console option. I'll have to see if I can find one in good shape from a junkyard or order one new once my kids get older and out of car seats. 

 

Yeah, my console actually has the fridge too (it never gets used......it takes too long to cool down, meaning the only time it'd be semi-useful would be on a road trip, but even then, meh).  I'd imagine they probably dropped the fridge after a model year or two, and I think they also stopped offering the console a few model years ago too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

 

Yeah, my console actually has the fridge too (it never gets used......it takes too long to cool down, meaning the only time it'd be semi-useful would be on a road trip, but even then, meh).  I'd imagine they probably dropped the fridge after a model year or two, and I think they also stopped offering the console a few model years ago too.


That would explain why the dealer didn't have any on the lot when I was looking. I didn't remember seeing it in the order guide either but my track record of seeing everything in the order guides is spotty at best 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 5:20 PM, silvrsvt said:


 

I'm curious as to how much of an effect the Bronco Sport will have on Escape sales when it comes out. 


I see a lot of people who think the Sport might hurt the Escape but as a few have pointed out I think it will help the Escape. Now Ford can go all-in on the feminine car design without fear, because anyone who dislikes it will be easily satisfied by the Sport and regular bronco.

Altogether, they actually make a nice little trio with the Sport being right in that sweet middle spot. Of course now when I put it that way... it makes me wonder if the Sport could be the biggest seller of them all?

 

Well if nothing else, it will be interesting to watch the show!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, probowler said:


I see a lot of people who think the Sport might hurt the Escape but as a few have pointed out I think it will help the Escape. Now Ford can go all-in on the feminine car design without fear, because anyone who dislikes it will be easily satisfied by the Sport and regular bronco.

Altogether, they actually make a nice little trio with the Sport being right in that sweet middle spot. Of course now when I put it that way... it makes me wonder if the Sport could be the biggest seller of them all?

 

Well if nothing else, it will be interesting to watch the show!


do women want a feminine vehicle? I’d say the jury is still out on that one. The majority of Jeep Wrangler drivers I see are women. Same for Tahoe’s, expeditions, or really any suv. 
 

I’d guess that the sport would be the biggest seller if it was offered in 2WD and at the same price point as the escape.

 

This is might be an unpopular opinion, but I think the bronco branding actually hurts the sport. To be named bronco means that it now has to live up to the bronco name, so they added standard 4x4. A good portion of the country doesn’t need 4x4 and the added price that comes with it. I think that a lot of people considering the sport are people who just want something that looks different from the escape. This segment is still very price conscious so the added price will hurt its sales. Just removing the 4x4 would significantly lower the price. Ford wouldn’t lose much profit by doing this since the vehicle would be cheaper to make, but the lower price would allow them to sell more. Also, has anyone been over to the bronco sport forum lately? It’s literally a ghost town. 
 

edit: I think most of it’s competitors over at Jeep offer a 2WD version.

Edited by T-dubz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, probowler said:


I see a lot of people who think the Sport might hurt the Escape but as a few have pointed out I think it will help the Escape. Now Ford can go all-in on the feminine car design without fear, because anyone who dislikes it will be easily satisfied by the Sport and regular bronco.

Altogether, they actually make a nice little trio with the Sport being right in that sweet middle spot. Of course now when I put it that way... it makes me wonder if the Sport could be the biggest seller of them all?

 

Well if nothing else, it will be interesting to watch the show!

 

If Ford does a hybrid Bronco Sport, maybe it will outsell Escape. But without a hybrid, I don't think so. I can only speak for Central Florida as the Titanium Hybrid sells quickly and the Sport Hybrid is hard to find. Also, the Escae has always been a good fleet seller as the Escape S is basically meant for fleet. So hopefully the Sport will obtain higher ATP'S, but probably fewer sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SUV buyers in GA opt for AWD a lot, even though it’s rarely needed.

 

I don’t think the sport will match Escape just because of price.  Ford wants it to be more premium than Escape but still sell well.  It also may sell more Escapes if buyers come in to look at the Sport but get a cheaper Escape,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, akirby said:

SUV buyers in GA opt for AWD a lot, even though it’s rarely needed.

 

I don’t think the sport will match Escape just because of price.  Ford wants it to be more premium than Escape but still sell well.  It also may sell more Escapes if buyers come in to look at the Sport but get a cheaper Escape,


It would be interesting to see the sales figures of 4x4 vs 2WD in the compact cuv market. I tried searching but couldn’t find anything. There are a ton of 4x4 trucks around me, just not very many cuv/suvs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T-dubz said:


It would be interesting to see the sales figures of 4x4 vs 2WD in the compact cuv market. I tried searching but couldn’t find anything. There are a ton of 4x4 trucks around me, just not very many cuv/suvs.

 

Don't have those figures either, but when I was looking at Escapes here in FL, most were fwd and my Escape is fwd. Not surprising here I'm sure. Now in MI, most Escapes will be AWD.

 

I got my Crosstrek at Dunning Subaru in Ann Arbor, MI where they had 40 or so to choose from. Turned it at Bill Bryan Subaru in FL where no Crosstreks were in inventory and at most maybe 6 if they got lucky. Lots of Subaru dealers around. But they are small and have no inventory. You do see AWD vehicles, but mostly snowbirders.

 

Where I live, Kia and Hyundai are the big sellers. Toyota and Honda second. F-Series and Transits all over the place. Floridians love their pickups. Lincoln

does well here. And so does Tesla. And Buick with all the retirees. Other than trucks, Ford doesn't do well. Kind of cool driving a 2020 Escape because you don't see yourself coming and going. Wish Ford sold better here, but it doesn't. Having lived most my life in MI, I got used to seeing a Ford coming and going. But not here.

 

IMO, Ford barely tries. For example, Toyota had great lease deals on 2020 Rav 4 right out of gate......$281/month on XLE with $2900 down. Ford still no decent lease deals even now. Ford is not competitive in FL and I know Ford dealers are not happy about it. Only trucks keep them going. Conversely, Lincoln dealers offer great lease deals. Go figure. I could lease a new Corsair cheaper than a Titanium Escape. About $100/month cheaper. 

 

If someone can figure that out, have at it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

 

If Ford does a hybrid Bronco Sport, maybe it will outsell Escape. But without a hybrid, I don't think so. I can only speak for Central Florida as the Titanium Hybrid sells quickly and the Sport Hybrid is hard to find. Also, the Escae has always been a good fleet seller as the Escape S is basically meant for fleet. So hopefully the Sport will obtain higher ATP'S, but probably fewer sales.

Well at first my thinking was the escape and the Real Bronco would target two very distinct groups of buyers... but then I wondered if simply by being the middle of the road option... not a street queen like the escape or a Mountain Warrior like the Bronco, that would potentially give the Sport the widest appeal range and thus potentially make it the most popular.


Or I'm just an idiot and have no business whatsoever trying to predict consumer behavior and product sales. T-Dubz makes some solid points too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

 

Don't have those figures either, but when I was looking at Escapes here in FL, most were fwd and my Escape is fwd. Not surprising here I'm sure. Now in MI, most Escapes will be AWD.

 

I got my Crosstrek at Dunning Subaru in Ann Arbor, MI where they had 40 or so to choose from. Turned it at Bill Bryan Subaru in FL where no Crosstreks were in inventory and at most maybe 6 if they got lucky. Lots of Subaru dealers around. But they are small and have no inventory. You do see AWD vehicles, but mostly snowbirders.

 

Where I live, Kia and Hyundai are the big sellers. Toyota and Honda second. F-Series and Transits all over the place. Floridians love their pickups. Lincoln

does well here. And so does Tesla. And Buick with all the retirees. Other than trucks, Ford doesn't do well. Kind of cool driving a 2020 Escape because you don't see yourself coming and going. Wish Ford sold better here, but it doesn't. Having lived most my life in MI, I got used to seeing a Ford coming and going. But not here.

 

IMO, Ford barely tries. For example, Toyota had great lease deals on 2020 Rav 4 right out of gate......$281/month on XLE with $2900 down. Ford still no decent lease deals even now. Ford is not competitive in FL and I know Ford dealers are not happy about it. Only trucks keep them going. Conversely, Lincoln dealers offer great lease deals. Go figure. I could lease a new Corsair cheaper than a Titanium Escape. About $100/month cheaper. 

 

If someone can figure that out, have at it.

 

Florida eh? I bet a bronco with removable top would do well in the Sunshine state!

How are mustang sales down there? And convertibles in general? I'd imagine they would be a popular option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, probowler said:


I see a lot of people who think the Sport might hurt the Escape but as a few have pointed out I think it will help the Escape. Now Ford can go all-in on the feminine car design without fear, because anyone who dislikes it will be easily satisfied by the Sport and regular bronco.

Altogether, they actually make a nice little trio with the Sport being right in that sweet middle spot. Of course now when I put it that way... it makes me wonder if the Sport could be the biggest seller of them all?

 

Well if nothing else, it will be interesting to watch the show!

 

I don't know if we'll see Sport be the biggest seller because of the price difference, but I think it'll do well.

 

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:


do women want a feminine vehicle? I’d say the jury is still out on that one. The majority of Jeep Wrangler drivers I see are women. Same for Tahoe’s, expeditions, or really any suv. 
 

I’d guess that the sport would be the biggest seller if it was offered in 2WD and at the same price point as the escape.

 

This is might be an unpopular opinion, but I think the bronco branding actually hurts the sport. To be named bronco means that it now has to live up to the bronco name, so they added standard 4x4. A good portion of the country doesn’t need 4x4 and the added price that comes with it. I think that a lot of people considering the sport are people who just want something that looks different from the escape. This segment is still very price conscious so the added price will hurt its sales. Just removing the 4x4 would significantly lower the price. Ford wouldn’t lose much profit by doing this since the vehicle would be cheaper to make, but the lower price would allow them to sell more. Also, has anyone been over to the bronco sport forum lately? It’s literally a ghost town. 
 

edit: I think most of it’s competitors over at Jeep offer a 2WD version.

 

You're missing the point.

 

He's not saying Escape = women, Bronco Sport = men.  The point is - guy or girl, if you want a more "feminine" product (a smoother, more swoopy style), Ford will now have that in the Escape.  If you want a more "masculine" product (boxy, traditional SUV style), Ford will now have that in the Sport.  Regardless of whether a guy or girl likes a swoopy design or boxy design, Ford will now have an option for you.

 

And don't forget, Bronco Sport is also considered a premium product, so they're not looking to pump out 8 billion of them for cheap.  They're wanting to charge a higher pricepoint and make more on them, and AWD helps justify that higher pricepoint too.

Edited by rmc523

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, probowler said:

Florida eh? I bet a bronco with removable top would do well in the Sunshine state!

How are mustang sales down there? And convertibles in general? I'd imagine they would be a popular option.

 

That's why a Bronco is at the top of the list for my next vehicle - a Ford SUV that can also be a "convertible", sign me up.

 

Mustangs are everywhere here, though a lot of them are rentals.  There are a lot of convertibles in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, probowler said:

Florida eh? I bet a bronco with removable top would do well in the Sunshine state!

How are mustang sales down there? And convertibles in general? I'd imagine they would be a popular option.

 

Forgot about Mustsng....yeah, it sells well down here along with most convertibles. However, they are only practical during winter when it doesn't rain much and humidity is low. From May to October, it's very hot to very very hot with scary humidity and rain storms every afternoon. Maybe if you like to drive before 9AM, you can semi comfortably drive a convertible in the summer. Very easy to get heat stroke after 9AM or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

 

That's why a Bronco is at the top of the list for my next vehicle - a Ford SUV that can also be a "convertible", sign me up.

 

Mustangs are everywhere here, though a lot of them are rentals.  There are a lot of convertibles in general.

 

Yeah, the Bronco is it if you want a true off road machine. The more I see pics of it the more I like it. The Sport is for someone who wants an Escape with more rugged looks. Totally different machines. Bronco is the one to wait for. Could be a long wait though. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×