Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

3 minutes ago, Steve557 said:

Why doesn’t Ford just do what they did before (Terminator Cobra) and offer a platform with two different suspension setups?? I would pay extra within reason for SFA.

Much like a NA V8 being cheaper to build than a modern turbo half its displacement, I'd also be very interested in such an option even if it came at an upcharge, but it would probably be inconvenient and possibly inefficient to offer.

New Bronco has IFS, no one here has ever shied away from that, a quick look at the underside will show that

It would be a massive tear up and redo to fit an IFS and a full re-engineer of frontal crash protection zone.

People know ahead of time that Bronco will have similar front suspension as the Ranger so they can easily

work out if the IFS is enough for them or whether they need Jeep's IFS.

I get the disappointment of folks wanting a Bronco with factory SFA but if Ford was really going to do that,

it would have showcased any SFA on the Bronco R.

Rumour was,

There was a rock crawler oriented model in the works, I'm not sure if Ford will be proceeding with it or not

so in the absence of any internal confirmation, its best to just say no for now and not build up expectations.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jpd80 said:

New Bronco has IFS, no one here has ever shied away from that, a quick look at the underside will show that

It would be a massive tear up and redo to fit an IFS and a full re-engineer of frontal crash protection zone.

There was a rock crawler oriented model in the works, I'm not sure if Ford will be proceeding with it or not

so in the absence of any internal confirmation, its best to just say no for now and not build up expectations.

It would be a shame if that program got killed.

1 minute ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

1 minute ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

As I qualified above, that was a rumor, lots of things get scoped as potential models and customers

but without actually knowing to what degree, it would be completely wrong to add to people's fantasies.

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

VP1 Builds tentatively start in July. Those will be the first ones built at MAP. 14 months from first prototypes to MP1 is actually about normal. 

I firmly believe there will not be the same issues that CAP had with the Explorer/Aviator launch. We have the best launch team in the whole company at MAP, and judging by the pace of the new equipment being installed they’re really taking their time with it. 

You sure about that? I'm going to send you a PMed attachment, because I thought those are pilots? And before that tooling testers.

As for first prototypes to MP1, wouldn't that be 20 mos and not 14? Because Apr 19 vs Dec '20?

Also, good to hear that about MAP.

Edited by JX1

37 minutes ago, snooter said:

Yea...TTB on old full size bronc was utter garbage...not worth time or expense....pulled and tossed for stronger and superior set-up...bronc is a foo foo grocery getter...they tried there best to hide this fact so i give them a lil credit.....

I’d rather it over an a-arm IFS setup for simplicity sake but definitely not an ideal setup. The worst was the leaf sprung F-250 TTB, not sure why anyone bought that instead of a 350 with Dana 60 SFA.

18 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

As I qualified above, that was a rumor, lots of things get scoped as potential models and customers

but without actually knowing to what degree, it would be completely wrong to add to people's fantasies.

Unfortunately there are still a bunch of people who believe that rumor, and Ford isn't exactly trying to dissuade them from the idea that some 'Rock Monster' Bronco will be a rock crawling capable Wrangler competitor.

In many ways false rumors benefit Ford.

22 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

Unfortunately there are still a bunch of people who believe that rumor, and Ford isn't exactly trying to dissuade them from the idea that some 'Rock Monster' Bronco will be a rock crawling capable Wrangler competitor.

In many ways false rumors benefit Ford.

There may indeed be a special model that does that, I don't think it's healthy to dwell on it 

as though it's a deal breaker to anyone but the most extreme enthusiasts.

You guys have made it very clear that your support of Bronco is conditional on certain non-negotiable items,

That's fine but, don't pretend  that your prerequisites align with the broader buying public and their preferences.

You guys crack me up reading your all or nothing posts, raw emotion heart on a sleeve stuff but you're gonna

be burned out well before the official reveal. You come here to try needling us but the point is that you guys have

nowhere else to go once your disdain for IFS is revealed, no matter how much you try to dismiss it, IFS is what

the new Bronco has, get over it or just walk away.

Edited by jpd80

3 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

... raw emotion heart on a sleeve stuff but you're gonna be burned out well before the official reveal.

Well, 5 years running so far vehicle hunting, whittling the list down to two imperfect options ... 

In a fight to the death, I'm guessing my clunker daily driver would probably continue to outlast them both.

1 hour ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

Well, 5 years running so far vehicle hunting, whittling the list down to two imperfect options ... 

In a fight to the death, I'm guessing my clunker daily driver would probably continue to outlast them both.

Life is always a compromise, you may never get the perfect vehicle unless you’re prepared to build it yourself, which is what some end up doing 

3 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Life is always a compromise, you may never get the perfect vehicle unless you’re prepared to build it yourself, which is what some end up doing 

Just trying to limit how much retrofitting I'm going to have to do in 3-5 years.  An axle swap isn't off the table but it would have been nice if it wasn't necessary in the first place.  The alternative might require an engine swap and that isn't very appealing either.

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

People know ahead of time that Bronco will have similar front suspension as the Ranger so they can easily

work out if the IFS is enough for them or whether they need Jeep's IFS.

Years ago the Toyota fans were really disappointed when the 4Runner got IFS, thought it got too soft. Toyota listened, and came out with a more focused off roader, the FJ Cruiser, which still had IFS. Now the hardcore put their money where their mouth is and just restomod old FJs, instead of hoping for a new Toyota 4x4 with SFA. 

• silvrsvt changed the title to Bronco world premier March 2020, Bronco Sport April 2020
1 hour ago, snooter said:

Ifs is for cars...last 10 years the push has been to turn trucks into cars for ride quality...nobody is bitchin about why ford went the route they have with the bronc ..off road market will never receive it well no matter what the talking points read from ford....

Might as well just call it the Bronco II, shame they decided to half ass it.

Edited by Steve557

10 hours ago, Steve557 said:

Why doesn’t Ford just do what they did before (Terminator Cobra) and offer a platform with two different suspension setups?? I would pay extra within reason for SFA.

Do you think that maybe the regulatory environment has changed a bit over the last 20 years? 

11 hours ago, Steve557 said:

I wonder how many in this thread have even owned a solid axle truck before.....

I have...2 as a matter of fact.  Had the beginning of death wobble on the first.  So far, so good on this one.

If Ford put IFS in the Super Duty as an option, I'd buy it in a heart beat over SFA.

1 minute ago, fordmantpw said:

I have...2 as a matter of fact.  Had the beginning of death wobble on the first.  So far, so good on this one.

If Ford put IFS in the Super Duty as an option, I'd buy it in a heart beat over SFA.

52k on my f350 and just got DW last week for the 1st time.  Parts on BO..  

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

"A question-and-answer session included queries about how Ford planned to address affordability after eliminating lower-priced sedans as well as leasing opportunities in certain markets."

A bit off topic here but I wonder what the outcome of this Q&A was