Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

9 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

I think he's hoping for a "trick" swing gate and tail gate. 

I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe one day, but probably not now. 

I think You'll see that stuff on F-series first before it makes its way to Ranger/Bronco. Kinda like features that Lincoln used to exclusively have but eventually made their way to the Ford lineup

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

1 hour ago, Willwll313wll said:

I was hoping for a tailgate as well. It's one of my favorite things about my Bronco.

But it isn't a deal breaker for me. I'll likely buy Mach E until I can afford a used Bronco Raptor. 

Ditto for the tailgate, but i'll be content with the roll-down rear window.

Here's hoping this magic tailgate is more real than Big Foot ?

Found this on another forum:

A-Plan (Ford Employees): 3% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee
Z-Plan (Ford Retirees): Same as A-Plan
D-Plan (Dealer Employees): Same as A-Plan
X-Plan (Ford Partners, Friends & Neighbors): 2% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee

They said it's Bronco specific pricing; I don't know if these are typical prices or not.

2% MSRP doesn't sound like a lot... from what I've read here, Ford prices their trucks higher in anticipation of selling below MSRP.

My question is this: Is X-Plan actually worth it? Or can you get a better deal negotiating?

Edited by probowler

3 hours ago, probowler said:

My question is this: Is X-Plan actually worth it? Or can you get a better deal negotiating?

Depends on your dealer, what you're buying and how good at negotiating you are. If you’re buying something like a Mustang (except for the Shelby models since they aren't eligible for AXZ pricing) that typically doesn't have a ton of rebates or dealer incentives on it then it's almost always worth it for X-plan over trying to negotiate. 

The biggest advantage of X-plan is the $100 limit to the doc fees if you’re not a shrewd negotiator. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

On 2/16/2020 at 1:38 AM, jpd80 said:

... there's only a only a small demographic that wants a showroom Bronco to be an extreme off road vehicle. To the extent, that SFA and decoupling anti-roll bars are are just

not on this product envelope. It will have a much better balance of on road performance and that a crappy old SFA will never ever match....

There are a lot of people claiming to have seen it that think otherwise.  Either behind the scenes or at the dealer presentations.

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Wrangler is, 228,000 people a year buy it but there’s little proof that the majority even go off road.

I have been told there will be an "R" model; Bronco...so remains to be seen...personally Id go the Raptor route rather than the rock crawling crowd...bigger market by far. Theres also rumblings of a "full size" variant...read that as larger than what we have seen so far..and I wouldn't doubt it if this model garners the success I believe it will......

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I have been told there will be an "R" model; Bronco...so remains to be seen...personally Id go the Raptor route rather than the rock crawling crowd...bigger market by far. Theres also rumblings of a "full size" variant...read that as larger than what we have seen so far..and I wouldn't doubt it if this model garners the success I believe it will......

There was a full sized when the family was conceived but it was put on hold 2+ years ago, Biggest issue was where it could be built and engineering resources, it didn’t make it far in review. I did hear that the Rivian skateboard is now being considered as a type of Ford halo electric off-roader and be in a market where no one else is and easily identified as a core Ford strength. 

There should be some more modest announcements in the next 60 days on the Ford and Rivian partnership/development. One of the issues is Rivian and Ford want to remain publicly independent, but is becoming more integrated with some Ford technologies and suppliers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

There was a full sized when the family was conceived but it was put on hold 2+ years ago, Biggest issue was where it could be built and engineering resources, it didn’t make it far in review. I did hear that the Rivian skateboard is now being considered as a type of Ford halo electric off-roader and be in a market where no one else is and easily identified as a core Ford strength. 

There should be some more modest announcements in the next 60 days on the Ford and Rivian partnership/development. One of the issues is Rivian and Ford want to remain publicly independent, but is becoming more integrated with some Ford technologies and suppliers.

Then there is this speculation on Autoblog, the return of the short bed F150 Raptor

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/24/ford-bronco-raptor-mule-spied/

• Like 2