Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

1 minute ago, T-dubz said:

It actually reminds me a lot of the bigger broncos, just smaller in size.

The "Big" 1990s Broncos are roughly the same length as a 2020 Escape-183 vs 180. The older Bronco will be wider though. 

I'd expect the 4 door 2021 Bronco to be about 190 overall length and the 2 door to be similar to the old 1990 Bronco. It will be a little more narrower also. 

Cars/trucks have grown quite a bit since the 1990s. 

Re: Retro vs. Modern

They want Bronco to not just stick around... but to grow into a rather comprehensive brand. 

We saw with the 2005 Mustang, Flex, first of the New Beetles, PT Cruiser, HHR, etc, that retro vehicles are nearly impossible to update. 

I told you all a while ago that the most apt comparison for Bronco's design direction is the 2015 Mustang. A thoroughly and decidedly modern design that flexes its heritage in just the right spots. 

I told you they weren't screwing around with this. 

Can't wait. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Trailhiker said:

I thought so too, but the line that looks like a doorcut is just a wire dangling down.

Ha ha, could you imagine if the door cutline was there?  The door would be a foot and a half long and totally over the rear wheel.  Grandma might have issues getting in the backseat.  ?

From what I'm seeing so far, it is looking great.  While boxes will look like other boxes, the styling is different enough from the design of the Wrangler to stand out on its own.

I think so far this is my favorite part of the design...Even though it won't have a fold down tailgate, they left that "look" of being the back of a "pickup truck" like the early Broncos.  They integrated the taillights vertically just it would be done on a pickup, unlike Wrangler with the "bolted" on look of their square taillights.

114657417_ScreenShot2020-03-06at10_02_30AM.png.5213e3ae2d322f6af9479cf72c1fe58c.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I think so far this is my favorite part of the design...Even though it won't have a fold down tailgate, they left that "look" of being the back of a "pickup truck" like the early Broncos.  They integrated the taillights vertically just it would be done on a pickup, unlike Wrangler with the "bolted" on look of their square taillights.

114657417_ScreenShot2020-03-06at10_02_30AM.png.5213e3ae2d322f6af9479cf72c1fe58c.png

A lot of that has to do with blindspot monitoring and the track being wider than the body.  The same is likely true of Bronco, 'cuz that light looks like it stands out from the body, just in a less tacky way.

1 hour ago, probowler said:

The 2005 mustang was UGLY... the previous gen was so much nicer. The current one was nice too when it started out, I like some of the 2016s I've seen for sale, but some of the newer ones, IDK if they updated the bodies but I don't like them as much.

WTF are you talking about? the 99-04 Mustang was one of the worst styled Mustangs ever-They where applying the new Edge look (which aged horribly) to a mid 1990s retro design that was rounded and left the effing roof outline exactly on the 99-04 cars that had nothing but hard straight lines to it. It stuck out like a sore thumb. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Re: Retro vs. Modern

We saw with the 2005 Mustang, Flex, first of the New Beetles, PT Cruiser, HHR, etc, that retro vehicles are nearly impossible to update. 

The retro Mustang goes back to 1994-5-that was first Mustang to really reach back to the 1960s for styling cues. The Mustang was following its own path styling wise since 1979 or so previously. The 2005 model was more or less a modernized 68-69 MY

The 911 more or less pulls of its retro design since its been introduced. 

Image result for 1995 mustang poster

6 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

WTF are you talking about? the 99-04 Mustang was one of the worst styled Mustangs ever-They where applying the new Edge look (which aged horribly) to a mid 1990s retro design that was rounded and left the effing roof outline exactly on the 99-04 cars that had nothing but hard straight lines to it. It stuck out like a sore thumb. 

I thought the 99-04s were way better looking than the 94-98s.   Wasn't a big fan of the 5th gen either but they nailed it with the 6th gen as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

I thought the 99-04s were way better looking than the 94-98s.   Wasn't a big fan of the 5th gen either but they nailed it with the 6th gen as far as I'm concerned.

Eh I wasn't a fan, I had a 98. I personally prefer the 1st gen styling of a new platform. The 2018MY lost something to it. Only like the Shelby models because of that. 

10 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I didn't like the debut, I agree it was not very pretty (still better than Fox body though!) But my 2003/2004 when they updated the body it was sexy.

The Roush stage 2 was my favorite

2004RoushConvertible-3.jpg

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The retro Mustang goes back to 1994-5-that was first Mustang to really reach back to the 1960s for styling cues. The Mustang was following its own path styling wise since 1979 or so previously. The 2005 model was more or less a modernized 68-69 MY

Image result for 1995 mustang poster

Funny, I still have this poster rolled up somewhere in my garage.  I had a 94 Cobra in white.  I loved it back them but in hind site, it was pretty ugly and bloated.  Much prefer the latest iterations.