Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Eh I wasn't a fan, I had a 98. I personally prefer the 1st gen styling of a new platform. The 2018MY lost something to it. Only like the Shelby models because of that. 

Even though I have an '18 Mustang (I liked the tech better - namely the digital cluster), I'd agree that I like the front end look of the '15-17 better.

39 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

In what way?  They're not much different than Wranglers.

1317906030_2dJLshrunkd.jpg.20b89611ade191d8fc48c4359f708f36.jpg

1147891083_MAR052Door2021Bronco.thumb.jpg.523c58aeeab9ab7785632a735dd14e39.jpg

672886629_JLtopless.thumb.png.cdf2cbdc59edea6f4e907d64507003d1.png

1483795418_MAR052021FordBronco4DoorLeakImagewut.thumb.jpg.6073c8609aff4ed293f9c9d3058e6bc2.jpg

They look to not have much of a lip, so they just seem like they're tacked on the side and flat.  The spy shots made it look like they're more integrated with the bodywork.

That said, this approach makes it easier for Raptor variants to have a wider track, as they can just add wider fender flares.

Again, I'll wait to see it all in better pictures, I'm sure it'll look better once we see it all, and not on some fuzzy photo.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Even though I have an '18 Mustang (I liked the tech better - namely the digital cluster), I'd agree that I like the front end look of the '15-17 better.

I have an 18 and love it.  However, I also agree that the 15-17 front end does look a little better. 

11 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

I have an 18 and love it.  However, I also agree that the 15-17 front end does look a little better. 

I wish I could put some of those hood turn signals in.  I've accidentally left the signal on a couple of times with the top down when I couldn't hear the clicking.

Also note that the Wrangler also has the same roll bar arrangement on the 2 doors (straight up in the back) and the 4 doors (angled from the back towards the front).  So I would not look for that to mean anything out of the ordinary or a special option being available on the Bronco.

Overview-Gallery-01-Desktop.jpg.image_1440.thumb.jpg.f3c93d228a8cf8a37622c40db99eb237.jpg

dims.thumb.jpeg.b8f94fef7817f0a2cf526bcf4edee11d.jpeg

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

Also note that the Wrangler also has the same roll bar arrangement on the 2 doors (straight up in the back) and the 4 doors (angled from the back towards the front).  So I would not look for that to mean anything out of the ordinary or a special option being available on the Bronco.

Overview-Gallery-01-Desktop.jpg.image_1440.thumb.jpg.f3c93d228a8cf8a37622c40db99eb237.jpg

dims.thumb.jpeg.b8f94fef7817f0a2cf526bcf4edee11d.jpeg

Notice the Bronco 4 door should be safer in the rear, It has a true c and d pillar wheres the Wrangler tries to do a tweeny between the two.

9 hours ago, rmc523 said:

That's what's so disappointing... the interior is sooo much better after 18... the earlier ones looked really outdated already IMO.  There's one for sale near me that I really like but it's hard to get over that stereo setup.

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Did anyone pick up how the rear cover works?

It's right in front of you now.......

I'm not observant enough (I should work on that) But I read a bit of what the claimer of witness (can't remember if it's the same guy who took the spy pics) who said the top panels come off and fit in the back, i forget where he said they go... but the weird part was when he said removing the hardtop reveals a convertible soft top??

• Thanks 1

I always liked the 99-04 mustangs. Mach 1, bullitt, cobra, were all pretty cool. I think they still hold up well too. I could see how some would think it didn’t age well though. These mustangs were every where back then so they kinda lost their appeal after seeing them so often. It also didn’t help that there were so many boring v6’s around too, but the special editions were all pretty cool.
2004-ford-mustang-mach-12001-mustang-bullitt-specs-colors-horsep6f7af10029bcf59a35635b8213d55753.jpg

• Thanks 1

I’m so pumped by these spy pics.  I was worried about the Broncs ability to go topless and if appears there is nothing to worry about.

I think topless feature is ultimately the appeal of the Wrangler, whether people actually use it or not, and likely the reason the FJ Cruiser was a sales failure.  

I’m glad to see they aren’t phoning it in, and the timing of this thing should be about right for a new purchase.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tbone said:

I’m so pumped by these spy pics.  I was worried about the Broncs ability to go topless and if appears there is nothing to worry about.

I think topless feature is ultimately the appeal of the Wrangler, whether people actually use it or not, and likely the reason the FJ Cruiser was a sales failure.  

I’m glad to see they aren’t phoning it in, and the timing of this thing should be about right for a new purchase.  

You'd be surprised... I see a decent number even the cool alaskan summers (Tho Lately they've been warmer).

I have to imagine people in warmer states go topless much more often. As you hint at though, it's always nice to have options!  That's why even living here I still prefer convertibles.

If Ford somehow combines hardtop with softtop... that will be a game changer. One of the big questions you see with these vehicles is: Soft top or Hard top. This solves the problem and then some. I'm not sure how much stock I put in the rumor, since i've yet to read any patents mentioning this feature, but it's exciting to imagine.

Edited by probowler
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, K270 said:

So quick question, with whats going on in the World right now, does the debut still happen this month or will Ford wait a few months? What is the actual date this is to be debuted? 

That's a darn good question. Not even counting the potential health risks of a big flashy unveil with lots of people in close proximity, do you risk your debut being overshadowed in the news and public sphere by a potential global health crisis?

This is why CEOs and upper management get paid the big bucks... I bet they have a lot on their plates these days.

I have no idea where they’re planning on debuting this thing but if it's in Michigan, I don't think there's much risk since there's 0 cases of coronavirus here in Michigan and I don't see anyone from Ford Global coming to it, pretty much only local execs and probably the engineering team and maybe some people from MAP on a first come first serve basis. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, snooter said:

Mustang died after 1970...was reborn in 2018....

Yea the 2018's are bad to the bone. Mine ran 11.92/118 without the performance pack, 100% bone stock on P Zero tires. And that was when I weighed 340# too!

86293923_10156541740056580_4859858273991393280_o.jpg

Edited by LSchicago
  • Like 4