Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I have no idea where they’re planning on debuting this thing but if it's in Michigan, I don't think there's much risk since there's 0 cases of coronavirus here in Michigan and I don't see anyone from Ford Global coming to it, pretty much only local execs and probably the engineering team and maybe some people from MAP on a first come first serve basis. 

Huh... Maybe lead water is a natural anti-corona agent.

giphy.gif

On 3/6/2020 at 8:04 AM, probowler said:

The 2005 mustang was UGLY...

I certainly agree there.  I never understood the attraction to that generation.  It looked like someone took a straight edge and carved a block of cheese on the outside and the inside was a sea of hard plastic.  

I did really like the 2010 refresh though.  It’s almost as if they spent more time on that then the entirety of the 2005 car.  It was actually styled, it looked properly aggressive, the body had character rather than being slab sided.  The interior was worlds better.  It’s honestly what the 2005 car should have been. 

(all OPINIONS above are mostly based on the GT Mustangs and above and not really on the V6 models)

36 minutes ago, sho94_2000 said:

I certainly agree there.  I never understood the attraction to that generation.  It looked like someone took a straight edge and carved a block of cheese on the outside and the inside was a sea of hard plastic.  

I did really like the 2010 refresh though.  It’s almost as if they spent more time on that then the entirety of the 2005 car.  It was actually styled, it looked properly aggressive, the body had character rather than being slab sided.  The interior was worlds better.  It’s honestly what the 2005 car should have been. 

(all OPINIONS above are mostly based on the GT Mustangs and above and not really on the V6 models)

We can agree to disagree.  I thought the 05-09 had a much more cohesive design than the refreshes in 10 and 13.   I agree the the interior improvements were nice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CurtisH said:

We can agree to disagree.  I thought the 05-09 had a much more cohesive design than the refreshes in 10 and 13.   I agree the the interior improvements were nice.

3 hours ago, sho94_2000 said:

Controversial opinion incoming: Every mustang from 1973-2014 sucked. 

Edited by Nickp
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, twintornados said:

Except 1983....lol. Only because I own one....

What happened to all the old fox bodies?  I see third gen camaros very often for their age, but fox bodies i could go months and months without seeing one.  Are they more prevalent where yall live?

2 minutes ago, probowler said:

What happened to all the old fox bodies?  I see third gen camaros very often for their age, but fox bodies i could go months and months without seeing one.  Are they more prevalent where yall live?

Someone at work has a early model year convertible once it was added. So I see one all the time. 

1 hour ago, probowler said:

Check out your local Craigslist.  Not at all unusual to see several at one time.

On 3/6/2020 at 7:00 AM, silvrsvt said:

The "Big" 1990s Broncos are roughly the same length as a 2020 Escape-183 vs 180. The older Bronco will be wider though. 

I'm not sure what your point is supposed to be. If you park any Escape next to any '77-'96 Bronco, nobody with normal eyesight is going to look at them and say, "wow, that Escape is almost as big as that Bronco!" because it ain't. It's not even close.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

I'm not sure what your point is supposed to be. If you park any Escape next to any '77-'96 Bronco, nobody with normal eyesight is going to look at them and say, "wow, that Escape is almost as big as that Bronco!" because it ain't. It's not even close.

Your right eyewise/bulk, but length

my 79, 180, factory bumper to bumper

my 17 escape, 179. again bumper to bumper (includes front lisc plate frame). 

Who woulda thunk........... 

18 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

96 Bronco
184″ L x 79″ W x 74″ H

2020 Escape
181″ L x 74″ W x 66″ H

The Bronco is tall and a bit wider, but they are roughly the same foot print

58 minutes ago, probowler said:

Is the bronco going to have 3 or 2 rear seats?

Might get kind of tight if they try to squeeze 3 back there.

Technically Ranger is a 5 seater but I don't really know who would want to attempt that with 3 people in the back any older than age 10

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

96 Bronco
184″ L x 79″ W x 74″ H

2020 Escape
181″ L x 74″ W x 66″ H

The Bronco is tall and a bit wider, but they are roughly the same foot print

OK, if you build shipping crates for a Bronco and an Escape, they’ll be close to the same size, but what’s your point? 

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Technically Ranger is a 5 seater but I don't really know who would want to attempt that with 3 people in the back any older than age 10

We used to drive between camp and an LNG plant a few years back, crew cab T6 with 2.2 diesel and five of us, rather tight in the rear seat, the back seat is like Focus width and legroom so while it’s called mid sized, plenty of folks coming from compact and mid sized cars would notice it

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Hmm. While I can see how the extra seat can sometimes be bennificial, I think I'd prefer 2 larger more comfortable rear seats.

That would actually be kind of a cool option to offer.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:15 PM, probowler said:

My buddy has three of 'em...I have one. We were out one night and stopped at a coffee shop. The place was having an open mic night and a photographer snapped a picture that they now use for their FB page. Mine is the red one on the right...

69184412_10215661879195886_3699262577654628352_o.jpg

• Like 10

On 3/6/2020 at 6:21 PM, jpd80 said:

Did anyone pick up how the rear cover works?

It's right in front of you now.......

Hmmm.

On 3/7/2020 at 10:18 AM, sho94_2000 said:

You're looking at it in a 2020 lens.

In 2005, it was awesome looking.